New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: stinkin rich error check and replace game roms  (Read 2376 times)

Offline hotlsot

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!
  • NLG
stinkin rich error check and replace game roms
« on: August 03, 2017, 03:57:38 PM »
I had stinkin rich running on an 044 with a legacy. Switched to a 3902 and I get a check and replace game roms error message. Any ides how to work around this or do  I need new roms, or a whole set of roms and simms?
thanks
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 09:12:33 AM by hotlsot »

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: stinkin rich error check and replace game roms
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 05:03:07 PM »
Double check the EPROMs to make sure they are in the correct sockets and oriented correctly.  If so, then I'd pull them back out to make sure a pin didn't get bent while installing them in the sockets. 

Offline hotlsot

• hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 05:44:52 PM »
Already done that. Legs are good and all chips are in the right sockets.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 06:39:43 PM »
Pretty unusual for an EPROM to go bad removing from one board and installing on another.  Post a picture of your MPU board and a picture of the error message.

Offline hotlsot

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 01:28:51 PM »
here's the pic of the screen and the board

Offline hotlsot

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 01:48:22 PM »
Update, I loaded the software back onto the 044 with legacy and the game runs. Is Stinkin rich only and 044 with legacy game even tho it runs on roms and simms?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 02:43:25 PM »
No, it was originally designed for the 3902 board, but is able to be run on the 044 with a legacy adapter board as well.  The 3902 board thinks one of the GME ROMs is bad (fails CRC check).  Since the software works find on the legacy adapter board it would appear that there's something wrong with your 3902 MPU board.

Offline hotlsot

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 03:43:52 PM »
Swapped the software into a known good 3902 and I still get the same error.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 04:04:30 PM »
Wow, that's pretty odd.  The only thing I can possibly think of is that the 044 w/legacy adapter board tests the game software differently than the 3902?  Do you have an EPROM programmer?

Offline hotlsot

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2017, 04:25:35 PM »
Yes I do. I've hit the board with a clear 22, but I don't have a 40. Do you think there's any chance a 40 might work?

Offline hotlsot

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2017, 04:30:55 PM »
One other thought. Both of the 3902 boards I have swapped into come out of machines with only 2 gme roms. The stinkin rich uses 4. Is there a jumper somewhere? Is it possible both of there boards have a problem with the gme 3 or 4 sockets? Unlikely but that's all I can come up with if a clear 40 doesn't work.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2017, 04:42:16 PM »
I don't think so.  Usually if you use the wrong key the game won't enter the Keychip menu when it boots up.

No, there's nothing you have to change or do to the MPU board to use 4 GME chips.  It would be pretty unlikely that you'd have two boards with bad sockets.

I don't have the same GME's as you, but I have another set that works with your base chip.  PM me an address and I'll email it to you.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 04:42:48 PM by Tilt »

Offline hotlsot

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2017, 04:53:54 PM »
Homeslot@aol.com. thanks very much. Let me know what I owe you and your PayPal address and I'll get you paid.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2017, 05:03:53 PM »
 :mail:   You don't owe me anything.  Let us know how it goes.

Offline hotlsot

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2017, 09:11:48 AM »
Tilt,
You're a lifesaver. That worked. Thanks for all your help

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2017, 04:41:08 PM »
Glad you got it working.  I wish I could explain why....but, sometimes it's best to just be happy it works and move on.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal