New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: BB1.5 Conversion Questions  (Read 2046 times)

Offline jagerstauf

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • jagerstauf New User has no influence.
  • NLG
BB1.5 Conversion Questions
« on: February 11, 2017, 12:07:10 AM »

Hello!

I've had my BB1 (dual 19") setup for a little over a month so that means it is about time for me to upgrade it. I purchased a BB2 MPU from a NLG vendor and it installed in the cabinet rather easily but I ran into some issues running software I wanted to run past someone.

1. Started with running the clear card and saw that there was the same content displaying on both screens. The are both Kristel 19" screens in the top and for the main.The top was hooked up via DVI and the main via VGA. The image on the main display was askew and then I recalled reading on a thread somewhere on here that the main should be DVI and the top display would be VGA. After I swapped the two cables and re-ran the clear card it would only show on the main display and the top box wasn't getting a signal. Currently the top box has a TSE board which I had unplugged the existing VGA to hook the display directly to the MPU. Is there anything else I need to do for the top box to get a signal if it is set to VGA? Does the TSE board need to be disabled?

2. I currently only have two BB2 compatible games (Hitchcock & Fairy Dust). The Hitchcock game works (with TSE) as expected but ran into some issues with Fairy Dust that I'm hoping you can let me know if I was sold a bad product or if the version I have is only meant for the BB1 (works fine in the BB1 MPU currently). When I load up the game I get the following after the BIOS is done the initial post:

* Large WMS logo*
Validating Game Services         DONE!
Game Services Partition DSS validation
FAILED with all Keys. Halting..

What I'm trying to load:
Game: Fairy Dust D51E-000-1020C0 (512 MB) - has Bally technologies on the CF Card
OS: OS Family H13.35 SSSG-000-16A2 (512 MB)- has Bally technologies on the CF Card

3. So I don't ask for the wrong thing on the classifieds board What is the Game & OS Part Numbers for the standalone version Lord of the Rings?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 11:43:08 PM by jagerstauf »

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: BB1.5 Conversion Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 07:16:35 AM »
What bios version is in the MPU?  If you have the older BIOS it will not run H13.xx games.  You may need a new bios.  Also the Bally logo on the CF cards could be an issue.  They have different drive geometry than a WMS card. I know the 64,128 and 256 bally cards work on a WMS, but I'm pretty sure the 512's are a different size and wouldn't pass validation.

As far as the top monitor.  You are correct, may display gets DVI top display gets the VGA.  You do not need to connect the TseTse for bb2 games.  You probaly have to switch inputs to vga for the top box lcd in order for it to recognize the signal.  For some reason the monitor automatically switches to DVI if it finds a signal, but it won't switch back to vga when there's none.  The top monitor probably says "no input" or something similar?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline jagerstauf

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 09:55:46 AM »
Thank you for the quick and informative response. Had no idea about the Bally cards and will watch out for that on future software purchases. I'll check the BIOS version tonight, which version would support H13.XX?

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 10:08:00 AM »
Version "3000" it is labeled in the bios chip as SBOT-00002-3000, with checksum F557
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 03:44:58 PM by rickhunter »
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline jagerstauf

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 11:42:31 PM »
The sticker on top of the BIOS chip has seen better days but was I able to decipher SBOT-00002-3000 and the F557 checksum that runs along the left side. At this point I'm going to chalk the issue up for the game with the CF card and since I really don't feel like buying another set of that software I'll just pop in the BB1 MPU when needed. Appreciate all of the help.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal