New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT RUN FOR YOUR MONEY  (Read 40148 times)

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT RUN FOR YOUR MONEY
« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2017, 03:57:52 PM »
I thought about it many times. His wasn't unplugged, sounds like maybe a broken wire. Should be easy to check with a continuity meter.  Or the board at distribution is bad.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline ianmcneil68

• Reputation Power: 48
  • ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2017, 04:43:51 PM »
Pretty sure he checked the continuity of all the wires. That leaves the distribution box.
My job keeps interfering with my hobbies.

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2017, 03:09:13 PM »
SUCCESS - sort of - new power supply (the one behind the hopper - not behind the reels)  - MONITOR WORKS!!!!! still no inside light.  Now I get CLOSURE M and COIN IN JAM - not sure if this means anything - the machine pictured on the monitor is for a SITDOWN!
this machine has coin handling - no printer - the wiring going to the power supply - there is a 2 3-wire connections - not sure which is the correct plug.  When I turn the j/p key the accounting menu appears on the monitor.  Do I need to do a key setup?

Offline ianmcneil68

• ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2017, 03:13:33 PM »
Try opening and closing the door a few times. I know that should clear a closure m as long as you have no actual closure issues. Not sure on the coin in jam. Still, give it a shot. Does the BV fire up and the reels spin?
Monitor being for a slant top will not be an issue. It's just in the software. Different .bmp image.

Offline GOS

• GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2017, 03:16:54 PM »
i closed the door several times - couldn't find a door switch for the belly glass - yes the reels spin - the bv did cycle.  Concerned about the 3 wire plug not being in the right spot (the p/s is different than the original one).  Also the picture of a sitdown on the error display on the monitor? The coin comparitor is lit? which seems strange with the door open.

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2017, 03:50:32 PM »
No worries on the sitdown image. This is just a different .bmp image in the software. I have changed many images in my software to make custom screens. It won't matter. The switch for the belly glass is in the upper left hand corner of the opening. Usually a small brown switch. Some errors can be stubborn. A clear should be last resort but if you're going to keep this machine I would have both a clear and key on hand. Let's let some other folks jump in on your 2 errors. I'm not sure which 3 wire plug you mean. Can you post a pic?

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2017, 03:55:13 PM »
the picture of my old power supply is on prior page of thread (has a blue tape around the connector) - there are 2 3 pin plugs on the box.

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2017, 04:03:19 PM »
I think the one with the tape needs to be plugged in. I have gotten machines in the past with the one on the right not plugged in and the machine worked. I've never traced down where they go. Sorry, I can't answer that one. Since everything seems to be working other than the errors, I would concentrate on that. I'll poke around the forum and see what I can find.

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2017, 04:33:35 PM »
Closure M is not an error but a notification. No worries there. Coin in jam had a bunch of different posts. Most of them were in coinless machines. Need some help from other members on that one. If you have a key chip I would try keying the machine and make sure all of the settings are correct for a machine with a hopper. The key menu will come up on your top montior so it's very easy to navigate. Since you have no printer make sure that is disabled. I use a key 45 and clear 224. I only clear if all else fails.

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2017, 05:12:00 PM »
Unless the bulb is bad, no light = not seeing door open thus opening and closing doesn't occur to clear error. Especially for the key going to accounting. I'm not in front of a machine but don't think turning the key with door open would do that. A Ram error won't clear with the door closed. Just my thought on this. I wonder what happens if he goes into test mode if it thinks the door is closed.

the rockin elvis

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2017, 05:31:40 PM »
door optics were working earlier in the debug phase - that is - when I got the ram error message - and test switch to get the door close message - that worked then - at least got me past the close door message - will look for the belly glass door switch and try the test button tomorrow and try to figure out the 3 wire plug on the power supply

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2017, 08:21:23 AM »
this is what i have found out to this point
"closure M"  - can not find a belly glass switch or indication there ever was one - wire diagram I have shows a P/J455 not to be found.
"coin in Jam"  the cc light is ON with door open? changed out the optic board - no effect.
none of the bulbs on the door (25cent " BV bezel) are lit
the reels do spin - the bv does cycle.
the curtesy light is still not on.
the 3 pin molex on the power module - schematic says j305 not used switched ac - j/p 304 top box switched ac - no effect in any location or not at all.
if I press the test button I get the test menu - guess i need a key chip to proceed? 
turning the reset key goes into accounting.

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2017, 08:37:47 AM »
Closure M just means the door was open and is closed now, it's a tell tale. Coin in jam is commonly associated with IO card issues, make sure they are seated and working. If the door is closed the jackpot reset will always take you into accounting. Use the white test button on the front of the MPU for full menu access

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2017, 08:42:31 AM »
the test button brings up the menu - but I cannot scroll thru.
the board mounted on the door behind the light panel or the one mounted on side of cpu compartment?  is that the board you refer to

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2017, 10:22:46 AM »
The one mounted to the sidewall. Tje IO cards are on the door and sidewall of the MPU housing. If you push the test button, get an accounting menu and the player panel buttons won't let you scroll through the menu, then you may well have a door IO card issue. They are very static sensitive

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #115 on: July 26, 2017, 12:39:20 PM »
Spin - clear and key chip -  using clear 97 and instructions on NLG - (clear 97 - 2 lights - replace SB - etc) never get to point of machine type mismatch)
Spin - clear 97 - 2 lights  - replace clear with Key chip (17) - 2 lights come on - replace with SB - somehow within the test switch and reset key go the KEY menu to come up - then nothing - the service and cashout buttons - nothing!!!
Why all the conflicting instructions?

Offline therockinelvis

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2017, 07:03:56 AM »
In out cards will keep buttons from working.  Did you reseat them? 1 is next to mpu, 1 next to hinge on door under display.

the rockin elvis

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #117 on: July 27, 2017, 07:09:40 AM »
reseated both of them - even have a spare on for the door. no effect - the instructions on NLG don't seem to work - after the clear and the key chip - installing the base chip has me turning the jackpot key then press the test button - reels spin then I get the KEY menu - but can't do anymore than that.   The clear instructions say nothing about turning key or pressing test button hence the confusion

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #118 on: July 27, 2017, 07:15:08 AM »
There should be no ket turning required. After clearing, put key chip in. After keying, put SB chip in. After restart it should go straight to key menu. Never shut the door thru this process. Door gets shut only after all programming in key menu is complete

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #119 on: July 27, 2017, 08:26:30 AM »
1. clear 97 - 2 lights on
2. key 17 - 2 lights on
3. sb chip reinstalled - ram error

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal