New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT s plus coin comparitor issue  (Read 13764 times)

Offline Cashen87

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Cashen87 Is working their way up.Cashen87 Is working their way up.Cashen87 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
IGT s plus coin comparitor issue
« on: December 03, 2016, 08:35:58 AM »
Hello :wave: . I have a IGT s plus Double double diamond slot machine whit coin comparitor issue. My coin comparitor want accepted coins. They goes thru the coin tray all times. I have a norwegian 1 krone sampel coin inside. I have tested the coin in optic 10_1 - 11_1 and 12_1. When I put some small paiper in the encoder then its change from 1-0. Maybe I have wrong coin comparitor inside the machine. The coin comparitor are CC 16 E/ 100 2.6G IGT.  :EmoticonHelp4:

Offline Cashen87

• Cashen87 Is working their way up.Cashen87 Is working their way up.Cashen87 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
*additional information from a different post*
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 09:14:45 AM »
What coin comparitor are you need to accepted norwegian 1 krone and coin encoder?  I have igt s plus made in 1989. I want my machine to accept norwegian 1 krone :EmoticonHelp4:

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: *additional information from a different post*
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 09:39:14 AM »
if it has an existing coin comparator then you just need to put the proper sample coin in. If it doesn't, then I believe you need a 13v, 16D model coin comparator

Offline Cashen87

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 09:44:58 AM »

Offline Cashen87

• NLG
Re: IGT s plus coin comparitor issue
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 06:59:10 AM »
When i blocked the rake on the coin comparitor then they go thru the hopper and I get 21 error. When I closed the door the 21 error are gone. When I remove the blocking from the rake its go thru coin tray no error 21 shows.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 07:35:20 AM »
Looks like error 21 is related to the coin in issue. Do you have another type of coin or token you can try, like a US quarter, in case it is related specifically to the Norway coin for some reason? Perhaps for the coin comparitor to work the sample coin has to have some ferrous properties since that is how the comparitor works, by measuring how the sample coin affects a magnetic field. Just a guess.

http://ohiogamingslots.com/error_codes

But this doesn't seen likely, since you blocked open the cc rake, allowing the coin to drop straight thru to the coin optics. Have you taken the coin optic boards off and cleaned the optic sensors, maybe they are dirty? However they are probably ok since they passed the test when you inserted a small piece of paper and the diagnostic changed.

Also, in between the boards there is supposed to be a spacer that causes smaller coins to shift to one side to make sure they pass thru in front of the coin optic sensors. If that spacer is missing the coin may not be passing in between the coin optic sensors. Sometimes people have that problem when they are using nickels or other smaller coins on a machine. If you are using the 1 Krone coin it is about the same size as a US nickel, I'd try a 5 or 10 Krone coin and see what happens, they are closer in size to a US quarter.

Here is what that coin spacer looks like:
http://www.spininc.com/03005-0

I don't know if that coin comparitor is the correct one for your machine, do you have another one you can try, maybe borrow from another machine?

« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 07:54:25 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2016, 07:49:39 AM »
It might be the rake solenoid is bad. When you had it blocked open,  did you try with door closed? There's a little test button on the optic. With the door open you can add credit and spin reels.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Cashen87

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2016, 08:50:00 AM »
The coin in optic are brand new. I have tested the white small button on the coin in optic. They give me credit when I push on it. The spacer in the coin in optic are 5 cent encoder.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2016, 10:50:53 AM »
The coin in optic are brand new. I have tested the white small button on the coin in optic. They give me credit when I push on it. The spacer in the coin in optic are 5 cent encoder.

ok, that is good.
(it probably would have saved some time and helped if you'd let us know that in the beginning)   :wave:
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Cashen87

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2016, 11:16:17 AM »
I don't understand what you mean... :Scratch-Head:

Offline Cashen87

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2016, 11:21:42 AM »
So then the coin comparitor CC 16 E/ 100 2.6G are wrong cc to my IGT S+

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2016, 11:41:57 AM »
If we knew your coin in optics are brand new, that you had tested the little white button to see if you could add credits with it, then we wouldn't have spent time making the suggestions that we did. All of that is useful information.

It is helpful if you tell us what all you have done so we can eliminate some of the troubleshooting possibilities and ideas that don't apply.

Offline Cashen87

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2016, 03:04:14 PM »
I have change coin in optic, wiring back to the coin assembly , all 3 fuse and cc harness.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2016, 03:23:14 PM »
Looks like error 21 is related to the coin in issue.

FWIW, a 21 error is expected if the rake is blocked and the coin is dropped in while the door is open, which is what I got out of Cashen87's message in Reply #4.  The machine isn't expecting a coin to be able to pass through the optics when the door is open (the coin comparator should be disabled), so it throws a coin-in error.

Do you have another type of coin or token you can try, like a US quarter, in case it is related specifically to the Norway coin for some reason? Perhaps for the coin comparitor to work the sample coin has to have some ferrous properties since that is how the comparitor works, by measuring how the sample coin affects a magnetic field. Just a guess.

I agree with this.  If you have access to any other coins/tokens of similar size, try those in the machine to see if you can get acceptance and credit.  Make sure to turn the sensitivity of the comparator to its minimum so it's less likely to reject coins.  Here's a visual on that adjustment: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=10759.msg93615#msg93615

MODERATOR'S NOTE: I have merged in a few posts related to this specific issue that were posted in a different thread.  Scroll through this entire thread again, please, to see the additional posts that were added.  In particular, there is a question right now as to whether or not the OP has the proper Coin Comparator installed in his S+ machine.  -knagl
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Cashen87

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2016, 03:28:10 PM »
I have read some place you can remove Q4 from the coin in optic. I have some little little black chip or what the are on Q4 on my optic board :Scratch-Head:

Offline Cashen87

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2016, 03:37:12 PM »
Thanks knagl :cool_thumb_up: I will check that tomorrow when I comming home from work...

Offline Cashen87

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2016, 07:39:28 AM »
Hello. What happening If i remove the Q4 from the coin in optic board? I have read some place you can remove the Q4 :Scratch-Head:

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2016, 08:55:32 AM »
an S+ requires a 24 vac cc-16,  you can tell by the grey wires going to the rake coil. 

If you want to get your machine working for no money invested, remove Q-4 from the optic board ( it is a surface mounted transistor).  this will allow you to shim out the rake and the machine should operate as advertised.  If it does work like this,  remove the shim, and see if the cc-16 is working, if the coins go to the tray, the cc-16 is not working,  check the setting as was mentioned earlier, full ccw.  if either work then shim out the rake and continue using like this. the only noticeable difference would be the max coin insert, the machine will accept additional coins, but they will be returned after the game play as a payout.
other than that  you won't notice any difference.

Hope this helps

JIm 

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Cashen87

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2016, 09:13:37 AM »
How do I do the full ccw setting as was mentioned earlier? :Scratch-Head:

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2016, 09:45:44 AM »
He's referring to the sensitivity adjustment screw on the face of the comparator. Use a small screwdriver, turn it to the left as far as it goes, but don't force it to hard

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal