New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ 5 TIMES PAY - INSERT COIN/COINS PLAYED BUTTONS FLASHING  (Read 7275 times)

Offline ctash

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • ctash New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S+ 5 TIMES PAY - INSERT COIN/COINS PLAYED BUTTONS FLASHING
« on: December 28, 2016, 06:50:02 PM »
Hi guys,

So I get lights, power to reels and speakers.  The reels reset their position as usual.  But the machine will not accept credits (falls straight through to coin tray).  I cleared the RAM and reinstalled the game prom and got error 61.  Pressed reset button for 5 seconds and got 61-1.  Turned jackpot key and got 65-3.  Turned key again and got 65-1.  Pressed reset button for 3 seconds, error cleared, closed door, and now insert coin/coins played buttons are alternating flash.  Also, credits still go straight to coin tray.  Any ideas?  Oh yeah MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :propeller:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 08:01:35 PM by ctash »

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S+ 5 TIMES PAY - INSERT COIN/COINS PLAYED BUTTONS FLASHING
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 07:10:56 PM »
When you got the 61-1, did you close and latch the door before turning the reset key?

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline ctash

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 07:18:30 PM »
Yes, I followed the Ohio Gaming error code directions for all steps.

Offline Shaggy

• Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 07:45:32 PM »
The chip doesn't have a bent leg or not inserted correctly? I know this sounds like old hat but, if the chips are not facing the right way etc. multiple errors can occur. Trying to figure out the odd error codes.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline ctash

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 07:53:59 PM »
Just rechecked the game and reel chips.  All are in correctly. 

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 08:09:20 PM »
Sounds like everything is correct with the alternating lights.

A couple of things to try.

-- Replace coin. Coin has to be in the correct position within the comparitor. Reference picture.

-- Adjust coin sensitivity by turning pot (bottom right of comparitor) clockwise until it stops then turn it counter clockwise until it stops then close door and try again.

Offline ctash

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 09:12:22 PM »
Ok heres some things I tried:

reset coin position in comparator.
turn pot cw and ccw (closed door and tried coins with pot in both positions with same result)
reset denom with set15 after clearing ram.
results are still the same (flashing insert coin/coins played button).

Also like to note that none of the buttons are illuminated including the bill validator (insert bills) light.
Also, this comparator model is a cc-160, 4b with the green indicator light ( which is not lit).

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 09:18:13 AM »
what type SP chip are you using?  with the door open, can you put a credit on the machine using the button on the coin optic board?  if you can then your problem is more likely the cc-16,   the cc16D should have grey wires going to the rake coil.  can you get in the testmode?  door open, press the white button near or behind the power on switch.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline slots4home

• Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2016, 09:18:26 AM »
Did you ever answer what Shaggy asked that you closed back the latch that covers the pin to release the door?

Offline ctash

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2016, 02:05:47 PM »
"slots4home", yes I was trying to convey that by referencing the Ohio Games procedure.  Sorry for not being clear.  Also, I should be back home in a few hours, I will update with the game chip and test mode.

Offline ctash

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 08:43:48 PM »
Ok. I have a SP1271 game prom and I CAN add credits and spin reels with the door open and pushing the button on the comparator.  Also, I am able to get into test mode.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2016, 09:26:51 PM »
since you can play the machine adding credits, your problem is one of two, the cc-16 itself  or the coin optics.or something with the wiring to either. check out the harness going to the cc-16, should have 5 of 6 connections,  a red wire looped to two pins, a violet wire, and a black and yellow wire, black and yellow are the power wires  24vac,  the violet is the interact between the optics and the cc-16.  you could eliminate the optics by running the input test, 10_1 11_1 12_1  , call up this test using the white test button, remove the cc-16, unplug the connector to it. now use something like a Popsicle stick to place in the black encoder (where the quarter would pass) move it eaast and west, should see the 1 change to a zero, do this for 11 and 12 as well, also when on 11, press the button on the optic board should do the same thing. if all these work the optics are good, then the cc=16 has to be the problem.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline ctash

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2016, 10:19:37 PM »
Ok, test 10-1 shows no change.  tests 11-1 and 12-1 show change with button on optic board and with popsicle stick. 

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2016, 09:04:44 AM »
you may have two problems,  a bad cc-16, and the optics!  you probably can get the machine running  with out investing any money.

optics, remove Q-2 or Q-4 on the optic board, it is a surface mount transistor located next to an IC. this removes the interaction between the optics and cc-16, it also allows you to replace the cc-16 with some other coin acceptor, mostly used was an IMONEX version. 

if after you do that and the coins are not accepted, shim out the rake on the back side of the cc-16, its the coil that has the grey wires going to it.  now the cc-16 will accept the coin in this configuration.

Jim

Signature:

Offline ctash

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2016, 12:58:28 PM »
I removed Q-4 from the optics board and shimmed the rake with a toothpick.  Coins fall into the hopper now but no credits are added.  I have other machines that I could swap the cc out with but those cc's are totally different than this one (rake motor on front vs. back, 2 plugs instead of 3 etc...).  There is a green led light on the cc of the problem machine which is not on.  Not sure if it should be lit or not.  Thanks for the help thus far.  Look forward to a response.

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2016, 06:20:03 PM »
The green light only comes on with door closed. You can put your phone on video and close the door with it inside to see it work, or not. I see on EBay there is a complete coin in set up for $50. http://www.ebay.com/itm/IGT-S-PE-Coin-In-ASSEMBLY-with-COMPARITOR-Optics-Cable-Etc-COMPLETE-/262784399023?hash=item3d2f2bb6af:g:e6IAAOSwzaJX7b5N
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2016, 07:08:55 PM »
after you removed Q-4 did you rerun the optic test?  did 10_1 change?   check the 10 pin connector on the optics, make sure all the pins are making a good connection, sometimes the pins loose there curve, reshaping them will correct this.  are all connections good on the plug where the harness connects to the machine harness?

what is the history on this machine?     

Signature:

Offline ctash

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2016, 09:20:15 PM »
Got a good one for you guys!  So, not being all that familiar with the cc or optics, I ended up pulling Q4 off the cc and not the optics board :duh:
Good thing is I then pulled it off the right board and it is now accepting coin credits.  Thanks to all who helped!!! Also, does anyone know what the Q4 circuit is for on the cc-16 and if its important, where to get what I think was a transistor?? Lastly, the BV is the next task on this machine.  Should I start a new thread or continue on this one.  Thanks again!!!

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2016, 10:01:31 PM »
Heh, that's funny that it's working with a different component removed.  I don't know what that does on the coin comparator, but I guess if it's accepting good coins and rejecting the wrong coins, I wouldn't worry about it, especially for home use.

You likely just need to enable the bill validator, which requires a SET chip.  Instructions are here: http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/dbv.htm

If you need further assistance with the validator, just keep posting in this thread and we'll help you out.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline ctash

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2016, 10:29:04 PM »
Thanks!  I'll update soon. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! :waving_flag:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal