New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: BV not powering up  (Read 1728 times)

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
BV not powering up
« on: April 23, 2017, 12:34:03 PM »
I have an S2000 with JCM BV that will not power up. I have swapped BV's, power supply and power distribution box. Can someone suggest some testing I can do to trace it back?
Thanks,
Ian
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 11:59:01 PM by shortrackskater »
My job keeps interfering with my hobbies.

Offline ianmcneil68

• ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...ianmcneil68 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Re: BV not powing up
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 02:30:59 PM »
This is the first slot I've owned that didn't fire up the BV. Hell, the MPU could be missing and you still here the BV power up. I've done some searching and can't find a similar issue.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 02:48:50 PM »
Is this a coin handling or coin less machine? It's possible that the bill valadator been disabled..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 02:53:55 PM »
Coinless. Even if it was diabled, wouldn't it still power up when you first turn the machine on? I did check though. It is enabled in the menu.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 03:39:17 PM »
It is possible that you have a bad MPU board.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 03:55:28 PM »
I started out with a bad MPU but swapped with a known good one freom another machine. It's almost like it's not getting any power. However, I have 13 volts to the connector with red and black going to the BV.  :Scratch-Head:

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 04:11:44 PM »
I have an S2000 with JCM BV that will not power up. I have swapped BV's, power supply and power distribution box. Can someone suggest some testing I can do to trace it back?
Thanks,
Ian

What type of BV? .. besides JCM

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 04:18:28 PM »
WBA-13-SS. I have several and have tried them all. I'm gong to somehow make sure the connector is seating properly. It's behind everything when you slide the unit in so I may have to get creative.

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 04:46:39 PM »
I'm starting to think I may have a bad backplane. I have another machine with enhanced MPU. FROM THE WORKING MACHINE if I unplug the connector from "netplex bill validator" on the backplane, the BV does not power up. Since I have voltage on the non-working unit it must be looking for a signal from the netplex. Thoughts....?

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 07:36:44 PM »
I think you need to change the MB too.

I would put all MPUs into the know working machine first and verify if you haven't done so. Then replace the defective MB.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 07:59:24 PM »
With the damage you had on the first MPU I would also agree that the backplane (mother board) is your next move.
Although I doubt it take another look at the MPU to make sure the backplane didn't hurt your good board.
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 02:39:41 AM »
So far the good board looks ok and works in the other machine. I should have a good board and backplane later this week. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 07:09:18 AM »
all bill validator information comes from J-10 on the motherboard,  power connections, +13 vdc  come from pins 1 and 2,  should be common colors for power wires,  solid red for the +13vdc and black with a red tracer for its d.c. ground.  If you are getting the voltage on the pins of the connector coming out of the mother board then, its not your problem.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline ianmcneil68

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 07:38:09 PM »
I have traced the issue to the BV not seating when slid into the housing. It is definitly in the housing itself as I tried 3 different BV's. Once I removed the harness from the housing and plugged it directly into the BV all worked well. By the way, just to make things more interesting, I did have 1 bad BV. So, that messed things up when figuring it out but it now has a new home in the trash :yes: . Thanks to those who chimed in.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal