New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Coin hopper  (Read 4865 times)

Offline capt7310

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • capt7310 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Coin hopper
« on: February 12, 2017, 08:21:02 AM »
Picked up this bally's for 20 bucks it's in real nice shape super clean but only one problem it doesn't have the hopper. I think it's a 873 only because my 873 double progressive hopper fits it. Trying to find this hopper any help would be great. My understanding is that because my hopper from my other machine fit into this machine it doesn't mean it would work. Been trying to find this out.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 05:48:26 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Coin hopper
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 11:02:42 AM »
Nice looking machine for $20.
I'll see what I have and let you know. Also check with Jon, he has a lot of parts.
Most likely any 24 pin small hopper would work, but it may need the wiring on the beau plug moved around to match your machine.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 08:51:08 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 12:33:20 PM »
Thanks Dave. I know Jon got a little banged up so I haven't been bothering him. But I did shoot him some pics. I'll try and reach out again to him. Thanks

Offline Bally Bill

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Bally Bill New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 07:52:25 PM »
20 bucks! you lucky duck David give me lead on a EM slot for $150 on CL and that machine sold in 1 day....hope you get the hopper because that machine is very clean with nice chrome and glass

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 03:00:42 PM »
Okay check the hoppers, one is to big and the other is missing the step up unit.
I'm sure one will turn up for your machine.

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 04:16:04 PM »
Thanks Dave for checking....

Offline rdaniel

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • rdaniel New User barely matters.rdaniel New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 01:54:19 PM »

Hi Capt

Your machine is an 831, since is takes only 3 coins and pays horizontally, not diagonally. Also, depending on the manufacture date, the hopper could be either the old style with the motor on the side or the new snow hopper with the motor in back, below of the hopper. Check the date on the ID tag. If it was manufactured in 1977 or later it is probably the newer snow hopper.

rdaniel

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 02:21:48 PM »
Unfortunately the ID tag has been removed so I don't have a real good idea of any info. :no:  thanks

Offline rdaniel

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • rdaniel New User barely matters.rdaniel New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 02:25:11 PM »
I would presume that the machine is pre-1977 and that the hopper motor would be on the side of the hopper. If nothing else it is a good parts machine.

rdaniel

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 02:42:36 PM »
Hey Daniel, yeah I don't want to go that way I'm hoping to find one but if all fails it will be a part machine. I'm still hoping on Jon, I know he has a lot of parts and he came through before for me. He's my hope...thanks

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 03:53:07 PM »
the easiest way to identify the type of hopper is by the formica on the machine - if it has the light colored shiny it is the old style hopper - dark mahogany the new style hopper.
you need an 831 wired hopper - cannot go by just the wiring at the hopper plug (which does have to match - male/female) - the wiper board controls the payouts and is different that a single line game.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 06:02:23 PM »
Any photos of the correct type of hopper would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2017, 01:06:12 PM »
I think snow hopper can be identified by one piece cast aluminum bowl.
Seems either type hopper should work as long as you get wiring to match up....
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2017, 04:47:11 PM »
Old Reno you are very correct there are three different wiring of hoppers for the 831 that I know of with numerous other ones we have not seen I think a few more pictures from cab of the machine maybe I can figure out a little better wiring he may need to take a lot more pictures of the plug for the hopper what is Left-Handed he can handle it

Offline RiseLikeRa

• Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2017, 01:14:44 AM »
GOS

Interesting point make about the formica and the age of the machines.  If it were not 3am as I type I would run to my game room and confirm.  It is for the best.  I just moved all 11 EM's and Fortune 1 machines 50 miles and into a smaller room.  Nothing is even plugged up yet.  I do have an extra hopper in the heap somewhere that was working when acquired.  I will look for it after work.  IF its an 831 I will PM you however if memory serves me I think its from and 873.

Ra

Offline mark the spark

• Reputation Power: 9
  • mark the spark New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2017, 11:29:25 AM »
looking at the hopper plug in the cabinet it looks pretty standard
start by counting how many different pays the machine has I couldn't see as the photo was to small but it should be simple to wire a hopper from that it seems that bally payouts  and colour codes were pretty standard across there machines so a 2 coin pay would be say red/yellow (this was a guess) if you look at a few different schematics you can work it out
I did have a machine that had a large beau plug on the hopper but a smaller one in the machine and did manage to get it all working in the end
the post is probably on the old forum

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2017, 12:46:34 PM »
don't forget - besides the wiring - there is the payout wiper board for a 3 line game

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2018, 09:35:33 AM »
I'll check
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal