New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: How to switch a WBA to an MEI  (Read 4513 times)

Offline 89chevyman

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • 89chevyman New User barely matters.89chevyman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
How to switch a WBA to an MEI
« on: February 27, 2016, 10:52:08 AM »
Hi guys,
  Hope you can help me figure out how to mount an MEI BV into a 17" upright Game King that has a WBA. I have the MEI already and it came with an outside(?) BV support frame, but it appears to be missing an additional frame with the cash box door attached to it or am I missing something, literally? What does the BV support frame mount to? In other words, does the support frame mount inside of an additional outer frame that gets installed inside the machine? Thanks. Hopefully I explained it well enough to get a response.

Chris

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 350
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: How to switch a WBA to an MEI
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 08:29:18 PM »
Chris,

A picture would help tremendously but it sounds like you are missing the outermost BV housing which is part of the machine itself & not "part of the validator". Each BV whether MEI, UBA, WBA, etc has it's unique frame assy but all can be installed in the machine provided the housing has not been removed. Sounds like yours may have been removed by someone.

:Please_Post_Pictures_2clr:
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 09:19:55 PM »
You should be able to remove the wba cage and slip the mei cage in there.  I did that with an iGame cabinet.  The frame with the cash box door attached is not removed in this swap.  There are 2 or 3 screws holding the wba cage inside the validator box, just remove the screws from the left side of the validator area and you should be able to remove the wba cage.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Jimise

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...Jimise Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 01:15:42 PM »
here is a pic of what he has now....
Chris,

A picture would help tremendously but it sounds like you are missing the outermost BV housing which is part of the machine itself & not "part of the validator". Each BV whether MEI, UBA, WBA, etc has it's unique frame assy but all can be installed in the machine provided the housing has not been removed. Sounds like yours may have been removed by someone.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 01:39:46 PM »
Brightened a little so I could see back in there.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 05:51:49 PM »
here is a pic of what he has now....
Chris,

this is what he needs but the bill entry bezel in the picture is for an s2000 .. he needs one for an i game plus

Offline 89chevyman

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • 89chevyman New User barely matters.89chevyman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2016, 11:37:31 PM »
Hey Jimise,
 Thanks for posting the picture. Ohio Gaming, the picture you provided is what I have and it has the correct bezel for an IGame. Thanks for posting the photo.  So what I'm getting here from everybody is that I can just mount the MEI in the WBA place, correct? Thanks RB,  rickhunter and rokgpsman. Appreciate the info. Hopefully it'll all go together.

Chris

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 08:13:18 AM »
Chris,    yes, a direct replacement,  the old WBA  transport  shelf comes out by unscrewing two screws from the back wall, and usually one screw from the left front side wall ( there is a place for a second screw, most of the time its not used). you will have to unplug the harness as well. the MEI should line up with the same holes, ( you might want to take the head out of the MEi to make it easier to install the shelf) the MEI does have a different type hole opening  in the back, it has that elongated hole that you can hang the unit on the screws, the only item that could cause a problem is the bottom cash can guide,  it too is removable if you have to.  plug in the harness, and re install the head and install the cash can.  check for proper door closure and bezel alignment. 

As long as the MEI was flashed for use in a IGT , IDO024   it should recognize it and come on line, not sure if you would have to reconfigure it?

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline spudgunman

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • spudgunman New User has no influence.
  • Spud
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 11:37:03 AM »
I am about to do this same thing, but I dont have a I-Game bezel anyone know of a source for them?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal