New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: BB2/3 transmissive install problems  (Read 4533 times)

Offline johnnybgood1

• Just do it!
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • johnnybgood1 New User barely matters.johnnybgood1 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
BB2/3 transmissive install problems
« on: September 23, 2016, 10:06:22 PM »
Hoping someone can help me here.  I finally got my machine up and running with a 22" and 32" monitor setup. Runs fine playing a normal video game.  However I now want to install a transmissive setup.  I know I am doing something or several things wrong. When plug the reals into reelcontrol board and go to clear the machine it goes through the process but only on the top monitor. The bottom transmissive never shows anything. In addition when I have the power supply cable plugged into reel control board the reels just sit there slowly clicking away like a clock. Even with that I am able to get through the clear process and when I install the OS it runs through to the point in which the top monitor reads can't detect touch screen.  I didn't realize this was a touch screen.  I only see one place where a cable could plug in and it's a 4 pin connector at the top of the monitor (which I don't have). It's not the normal 8 pin small black that my regular 22" uses. Can someone point me in the right direction?  Can't find much documentation on the process.

Thanks John
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 05:33:17 AM by johnnybgood1 »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: BB2/3 transmissive install problems
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 10:24:18 PM »
The Transmissive monitor is the main monitor.  Should be connected to the bb2 mpu through the dvi cable.  The vga cable is for the top monitor (if used).  All my transimissive monitors came with the cable already attached.  It was a single molex cable that plugs into the top right monitor/touchscreen port on the backplane and it supplies connectivity for power and touchscreen for the monitor.

The reel control board has 3 types of connection.  The Reels, power, and the SPN cable (ethernet-like cable).  Reels connect to however many reels you have, the power goes to one of the aux power connectors on the bottom right of the backplane, and the SPN cable goes to the SPN connector on the backplane, top row (I believe 3rd connector, the only one that looks like an ethernet plug).
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline johnnybgood1

• Just do it!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 10:54:49 PM »
Rick, Thanks for the reply!  I had the monitor plugged in the wrong place.  Bottom monitor now working. Reels doing the same clicking. Is the spn cable a standard Ethernet? 

John

Offline johnnybgood1

• Just do it!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 10:59:38 PM »
Game and is load all the way through.  Almost anyways and stops at the picture.  I have disconnected power to the reel controller board to try to get it to load.

Offline JDKMunch

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 03:53:46 AM »
The game won't load without the reel controller
Plugged in to the reels and power.

Its normal for them to click around like a clock
Until the game fully boots.

If you turn the jackpot key what is the error?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 07:37:19 AM »
You need to have it all hooked up, otherwise the game won't be able to initialize the reels.  The spn cable is basically a grounded ethernet cable, but I believe a regular ethernet cable would work as well.  I've always just used the grounded one since I have several spares.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline johnnybgood1

• Just do it!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 09:51:59 AM »
Thanks!  This makes sense!  I will try and load it again this evening.  The grounded (shielded) Ethernet cable is only shielded for interference reasons.  That I know for sure.  Just wasn't sure if it was a crossover or some other pinout.

I really made a stupid mistake by plugging the monitor in where I did.  should have asked before I did.  You know what they say about assuming.

Thanks for getting me straight on that.  Now That I know that the reels click away till booted then that will probably make all the difference in the world when I go and reload it. 

I was just excited to see the monitor come up. Another blunder was not realizing that the touch screen cable and the power supply are one in the same.  I was use to seeing the touch cable being separate on the normal video touch monitor.

First time installing this setup.  So sorry for being naïve.

John 

I might have smoked the reel controller board.  Not sure how but definitely was smoking before I unplugged it.  So I will see if it still loads tonight.  I am going to order another one.  If someone has one please let me know.  Otherwise I will get one off flea bay.

John

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 04:21:28 PM »
If you need a reel controller let me know. I have several.
-------
Charles

Offline johnnybgood1

• Just do it!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 04:25:06 PM »
Would have bought it from you for sure.  Ended up buying 2 of flea bay.  Just for reference what would you have charged?

Offline johnnybgood1

• Just do it!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 09:09:15 PM »
Well, it continues. I was hoping my issues were caused by the reel control board but not the case. Everything seems to clear and load right.  That is till I get the error shown.  I did notice that the key (S6F6) doesn't match the dongle I have which is (S7F7).  Could this be the issue??

John

Offline johnnybgood1

• Just do it!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 09:40:34 PM »
Just tried loading my NXT3 with Wonka.  Machine goes through process.  I get through the setup process.  The top monitor loads the image then I get a "Top Box Lost Communication" error.  What communication?  Anyone know what this problem could be?   :banghead:

John
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 07:56:18 AM by johnnybgood1 »

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 148
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2016, 07:36:19 AM »
Well, it continues. I was hoping my issues were caused by the reel control board but not the case. Everything seems to clear and load right.  That is till I get the error shown.  I did notice that the key (S6F6) doesn't match the dongle I have which is (S7F7).  Could this be the issue??

John

Card and dongle are mismatched.  Dongle is for LOTR Mordor and card is for LOTR Fellowship. 
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 148
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2016, 07:37:26 AM »
Just tried loading my NXT3 with Wonka.  Machine goes through process.  I get through the setup process.  The top monitor loads the image then I get a "Top Box Lost Communication" error.  What communication?  Anyone know what this problem could be?   :banghead:

John

You need a TSE board to fool the machine into thinking the correct top box is attached.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline johnnybgood1

• Just do it!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2016, 07:49:21 AM »
Thank you!  That's what I figured.   I just wanted to make sure.  I remembered who I purchased this from and reached out to him.  He is making it right. 

In regards to the fooler board, I also realized that the game was looking for the surround LED controller board. I rummaged through the items I have accumulated and I do have the harness. I also have (2) of the Wonka LED boards for this game.  Although there seems to be a controller board that goes between the harness and those boards. Probably exactly where the fooler board would go if that was the route I was going.  My vendor (you can probably figure it out by the top monitor) assured me this was equipped with such. Well that's not the case.  So I will try to get that from him. 

Looking forward to ultimately putting the Wonka surrond on this cabinet, does anyone have the actual Wonka control board?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal