New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: LCD cleaning (nicotine)  (Read 4136 times)

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
LCD cleaning (nicotine)
« on: January 18, 2017, 04:40:43 PM »
Hey guys,

Is it possible to clean behind the touchscreen of LCD touchscreen monitors?  For example, in the corners where there may be nicotine/smoke stains...any of you guys taken that project on? 

Thanks,
Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Online erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
Re: LCD cleaning (nicotine)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 06:11:22 PM »
Yes you can. I have done several. You must be VERY VERY VERY careful not to damage the fine wire that runs from the touch. These wires are very thin. if you damage them your touch is toast. :duh:  I carefully use a thin razor blade to cut the double sided tape that holds the touch screen on. Good luck.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 06:42:55 PM »
Have you done a Kristel 22" that you find in a WMS BB2?

Jason

Online erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 07:10:50 PM »
No I haven't. Done the Tatung on the Bally Alphas.

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 07:13:58 PM »
Or you could start smoking and add to it and you wouldn't notice it.  :arrowthruhead:
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 07:25:47 PM »
Or you could start smoking and add to it and you wouldn't notice it.  :arrowthruhead:

LOL!!

Jason

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 07:43:42 PM »

LOL!!

Jason

Sorry Jason I couldn't help it. But seriously I hope you can fix it. I have (and you have too) sprayed the outside of those cabinets and watched the rivers of yellow/brown run down from there. Those touchscreens must be a beatch! Good luck.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 08:20:00 PM »
This has been done for years and I have stated in past and as previous post it can and has been done many times.  It does not matter what monitor it is.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 08:28:56 PM »
I took the metal case off of mine today and there is a ribbon cable connected to the touch screen.  It looks like the touchscreen is adhered to the main screen.  How does this come off?  Is this what you're saying about the razor blade?  Do you have to cut it off and then reattach it after it's clean?

Jason

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 08:37:45 PM »
I'll answer for him.  Yes. Use a Very sharp blade and cut towards bottom away from the glass-stay on the metal.  After removal and cleaning remove the sticky two-sided tape from both and apply new.  Use your Brain luke,  You are smart enough to do this.  Also use patience when doing this-time consuming it is.  :Yoda:

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 08:04:24 AM »
Jason,  do as Barry has suggested, depends on the manufacturer as to how many and how much double sided tape was used. there were two kinds of tapes used,  the actual double sided tape to hold the screen onto the LCD and a second tape to seal around the LCD and screen. Happ sells it on a roll, it called black acetate tape, used for two purposes, one is to prevent foreign objects from entering and the other reason was some kind of electronic interference. The second tape is expensive.

The nicotine residue looks whitish, it is had to tell and see it when the game is on, very noticeable when game is off, is it worth the risk to clean it??

Jim   

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline jonm287

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • jonm287 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2017, 06:05:10 AM »
It's really not that big of a risk, just unplug the t/s cable from the controller and keep it out of the way.  It is time consuming, but when you clean it up good it'll look like a brand new monitor (assuming no other issues of course).  Definitely have the double sided tape and the acetate tape on hand before you start though, wouldn't want to forget which way the touchscreen goes.  Using an exacto knife with the straight or hook shaped blade and a fat handle helps a lot to free the t/s from the monitor.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2017, 02:48:42 PM »
If you guys had some photos, this would help simple minded guys like me get through this.  So on the back there is a shroud covering the fan, ports and PCBs.  Does that need to come off first?  Or do I take out all of the screws around the edges of the monitor?  What tape are you guys talking about?

Thanks,
Jason

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2017, 06:13:14 PM »
Gents, I went for it, and succeeded!  Cutting the touchscreen away from the LCD was indeed time consuming, but the outcome was well worth it.  They look brand new!  I just cleaned all of the old adhesive with acetone, and then used 3M double sided tape to reattach the touchscreen to the LCD.  Anyway, it's great to have a couple of clean backup monitors for my converted BB2!

Thanks again for the help guys!

Jason

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal