New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Impossible to access to the s2000 menu with error netplex link is down  (Read 5949 times)

Offline Fredoetisa

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Fredoetisa New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Hi everyvody,

I am french. My name is Fred. So excuse my sh.. english... :thank_you:

I bought an IGT S2000 but now i have the horrible error netplex link is down. Nobody can help me in France. I don’t have spare parts to try changing mpu, vfd, motherboard, etc...

I have a classic mpu not enhanced. I removed the battery.

First i try to change the main power supply (cp9826) by an another one found in belgium (wp203f11). I have 7,1 volts ac on pin 7 that seems corresponding to the Logic signal. I saw a video (repair twin tact) where the guy said that the correct power is 10-12 volts. Could you tell me if my netplex problem could be a low voltage on the pin 7 ? Is a DC or AC volts on pin 7 ?

I try a clear ram (0097) but I cannot finish all the process (stepper base 100924) due to netplex link down error... before the clear ram, the reels turned after 2 min and the display at the left of the reels indicates 0 or 1 but after the clear ram the reels don’t turned anymore and there is no 0 or 1 in the left display ? The other display indicate « no disp » ?

Is it normal that I cannot enter to the menu by pressing the white button on mpu ?

Thanks to all persons that accept to help me. Big kisses from France !
Fred

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Impossible to access to the s2000 menu with error netplex link is down
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 07:48:34 PM »
Hello... Netplex errors can come from a number of things. Acid damage is one of the biggest problems from the coin battery and the green varta battery. If you can post a picture of your MPU will be helpful. Netplex down is mostly from a bad power supply. Did this machine ever work for your or did you buy it in this current condition? I would check all your connections in the machine from the bill acceptor, mother board, ticket printer, etc.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Fredoetisa

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 03:05:42 AM »
Hello,

Thanks for your response. This is photos of my mpu on the next posts.  I don’t know but I see gray/green deposit near place of varta battery look at u79 for example.
I bought the machine in current condition. The guy before said to me that this error come suddenly at power on but works before. I don’t have printer.

How can I check the connection ? With a multimeter ?

Do you think it’s a good idea to desassemble all card to look if I see something damage or burn like motherboard ?

I test the power supply I have 13v and 25v and 7.1v AC on pin 7 netplex but I don’t know if it’s enough to say it’s good ?

Is it normal that I cannot enter the menu by pressing white button ?

THanks  :EmoticonHelp4:

Offline Fredoetisa

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 03:11:52 AM »
Here the photos

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 04:51:48 AM »
Check the voltage of the coin battery on the MPU. It should be at least 2.9V anything less it should be replaced.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Fredoetisa

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 06:06:54 AM »
Ok. I test it at 2.81 volts so I will change it this afternoon I tell you soon.

Fred

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 09:00:52 AM »
Fred,   all the voltages coming out of the power supply are DC voltages,  nothing AC.   pin seven is a DC voltage, 5 to 8 vdc.  if this is not present  the cpu will not start up.

Just for future reference, I DISCOVERED THIS BY ACCIDENT, whenever I get any machines, I remove the varta battery, and install a coin battery holder. I got ahead of my self and put a board in the machine with no coin battery. fired it up, the machine went through all the message prompts and loaded the program, etc,  after the reels made their spin, then I got a "low battery" message. so the machine will go through all the prompts. initializing, etc, with no battery installed.

Jim 

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Fredoetisa

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 09:25:52 AM »
Ok. I put a new one with 3.3v. Problem is still present...

Offline Fredoetisa

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 04:45:00 AM »
Is it possible to test the effective functioning  of the netplex link in each component ? With multimeter or oscilloscope ?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 02:38:37 PM »
Hi Fred,

I don't think your power supply is your problem, you swapped it and have the same issue.  The vacuum florescent display (VFD) is a netplex device and will display the "Display's Netplex is down" error message if it can't communicate with the MPU board.  Your MPU board is booting up, that's evident by the fact that you have "No disp" shown in the LED display.  That message is generated by the MPU board and displayed on the LED display to let you know that it can't communicate with the VFD.  So you have the VFD telling you it can't see the MPU, and the MPU telling you it can't see the VFD.

I'd check the cabling from the back of the VFD to J2 on the motherboard.  Make sure the connectors are fully seated and that the wiring isn't damaged.   The Netplex bus is a shared with other devices if one goes bad it can cause all them to be unable to communicate with the MPU.  The other typical Netplex devices in a S2000 are the ticket printer and bill validator.  Try disconnecting them and see if the machine boots up.  If so, then you know one of them is bad and causing the problem.  If not, then the VFD may be bad, or the MPU board is bad.  Really the only way to tell which one it is is by swapping them out with known good ones.

The reason nothing happens when you press the MPU self test button is the MPU displays the test menus on the VFD, if it can't communicate with it, then it can't display them for you.

Good luck.  Hopefully it's something simple like a loose connector on the display.

Offline Fredoetisa

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2017, 06:02:14 PM »
Hi Tilt,

Thank you so much  :thank_you:

You response is very clear and I better understand this anomaly now. I have already disconnected the bill validator and i don’t have printer.
I check the wires from the VFD card (5 wires) to the motherboard, it’s ok.
I check the large connector from VFD to the blue display, it’s ok.
I check all the soldiers behind the VFD card, it’s ok.
I check the voltage at the connector pins (5 wires) plug into the VFD, the 5th seems the ground and i have 13v DC at all the others.
I have 13v DC at the 2 wires connector (black and red) on the top of the VFD.
I think you are right, the VFD card seems ko.
I don’t know but I saw 2 leds named DS1 and DS2 on the board and the lights  always remain faded... I think that they should ignite ?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2017, 08:28:49 PM »
Ok, it appears the connectors and cabling is good and the other netplex devices aren't causing netplex bus issues.  Check the MPU board connectors, in particular the smaller J2 connector to make sure none of the pins are bent.  If those are good, then most likely your VFD controller board is bad or your MPU board is bad (the netplex circuitry on it). 

The 5 wire connector on the VFD controller is the Netplex connection, the other two wire is power and ground.  The LEDs on the controller board should blink on and off with Netplex bus data activity.  They shouldn't be on dim all the time.

Next step I think is to replace either the VFD controller board or the MPU board.

Offline Fredoetisa

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2017, 09:34:14 AM »
Hi Tilt,

Your response is very precious.

I check J2 connector and The pins aren’t bent...

Ok i will search somes spare parts to test the mpu,  VFD board and the VDF display... or I will buy them at USA...

I don’t know if I have to comply with the requirements of the material ? I saw sometime « rev a » or « rev b »... ?

Thanks  :cool_thumb_up:
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 11:12:54 AM by Fredoetisa »

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2017, 12:04:12 PM »
I beleive your VDF display is fine. Tilt thinks it's just your board. As for your MPU, look at the white label located in the front corner of your board. The one that starts out with P/N, your board is the last 3 numbers, like 501, 502, 504.. Then you will see it it's Rev A etc..  see picture.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Fredoetisa

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2017, 02:57:20 PM »
Hi Amechanic,

Ok my mpu is a 502 rev a.

So, If I understand what you said, I must replace by the same mpu 502 with rev a.

And what about all the others parts like I/o board, VFD, VFD board ... must be also a « rev a » ?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2017, 03:56:26 PM »
You can use any 500 Series board. The 504 is the preferred board by most, but usually cost a little more. As for your parts it doesn't matter, just as long as they are full your make and model.
And remember...

Offline Fredoetisa

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2017, 04:41:31 PM »
Thanks a lot  :thank_you:

I will import spare parts because it’s impossible to find something in France... maybe in Belgium I search...

I will tell you news as soon as possible.  :wave: :waving_flag:

Offline Fredoetisa

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2017, 06:47:00 AM »
Hi everybody,

I bought a VFD and VFD board and received it today...

I try but the problem is the same : « netplex link is down ».  :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit:

Fred

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2017, 03:43:40 PM »
My bet would be on the MPU. I have had  netplex link is down on more than one board in the past.

Offline Fredoetisa

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2017, 04:05:59 PM »
Ok thanks... i Will buy an mpu board to test...

If it’s continue, I will be able to build an new one with all spares parts...  :wave:

Is it possible to find somewhere the electronic diagram of mpu board 502 Serie ?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal