New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Alpha S9000E new game installed panel not working  (Read 2233 times)

Offline Nuwavusa

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Nuwavusa New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally Alpha S9000E new game installed panel not working
« on: December 17, 2017, 01:21:20 PM »
Hi I have a Bally Alpha S9000E 200173 D (400MZ 512 MB). Running Bally Alpha Power Progressive White Gold (256MB game)

I installed a new game King of Diamonds (1GB Game)

I had to install my MPU from A1 204694 Rev F ( 1Ghz 2GM RAM) to get the game to run.

Reel strips installed , NVRAM cleared,  game loads fine, except the panel deck. Its asking for a BTN-05_Deck(see pic)(error message pic)
My PP White Gold settings has always been a 11 button panel deck setting(pic attached) and has always worked fine.
I've tried 11 button, 14 button setting and no good.

I have to set it for a 5 button panel deck for the error message to go away and it will not allow you to change it.

Once set for a 5 button panel deck the only buttons that light up and work are the collect and respin button. Its locked into
1 coin bet. Max 3 to play the bonus.

The SG gaming website shows this game - King of Diamonds - running on a Alpha 2 Pro Stepper with ideck.

I believe this game will run on a standard panel deck, I just don't know how to configure it?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Mark

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally Alpha S9000E new game installed panel not working
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 02:42:18 PM »
With your set up on that game that's probably as good as your going to get it.  They did use the 5 set up -static on alpha 2-since you don't have it you have used all your options up on that game software I would think with what you have there.

Offline Nuwavusa

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 03:43:03 PM »
Hi,
It just seems like it the game plays perfect but only at one credit. If I had a schematic of the S9000E backplane where the panel buttons connect,
possibly connect or make a button to turn on the bet 3 button.

Thanks for replying

Mark

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 11:24:55 AM »
For these types of games, I just rewire the repeat bet button to the max bet pin.  Here's a post I made a while back that shows which pin to move.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=10741.msg58342#msg58342
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Nuwavusa

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 12:56:16 PM »
Hi Rickhunter,
So from your pictures if I just move that one pin on the connector  from the max bet over to the one with the rebet button it will play the max which in my case is 3?

Can I just tie those 2 pins together with a jumper?

Ty for the great info

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 04:25:51 PM »
You cannot tie the two pins together, then you would be pushing both buttons.  Ideally you extract the pin and just move it over.   You are actually moving the rebet pin to the max bet pin.  That way you will be able to play the 3 coin max bet and spin a the same time.  if you tie the wires with a jumper, you would need to cut the rebet button line before it gets to the backplane.  Otherwise you will be pushing both buttons simultaneously with unexpected results every time.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Nuwavusa

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 04:38:53 PM »
I looked at the connector and found the pin. Verified it with my meter ohm setting from rebet button to connector pin. Looks like its going to be a job to get that molex connector out without damaging it. May have to get a molex connector extractor tool.

ty again for the info

Offline Nuwavusa

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 06:10:10 PM »
Sorry for so many questions? What type of molex connector extractor

tool did you use ?

Thanks

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 10:49:49 PM »
It's around $25 with shipping!  But I make so many cables it is a good investment for me.

https://www.digikey.com/products/en?keywords=Molex%2C%20LLC%2011-03-0044

Or if you already have molex connectors, you could just make a "Jumper" that will pass through all other wires, but cross over the repeat bet and maxbet buttons.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2017, 11:52:18 PM »
Lol!  Rick’s definitely on my speed dial for molex solutions!  ;)

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline Nuwavusa

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2017, 07:08:24 AM »
You the man . By chance do you know the
size of these molex connectors? Again can’t
thank you enough .

Www.nuwavusa.com

This is my site, if you ever need help or have
GM cluster questions/issues.

Offline Nuwavusa

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2017, 03:28:27 PM »
RICKHUNTER... you're the man. I did your mod to the molex panel connector and it worked awesome.

Thank you

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal