New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Is this possible or a pipe dream?  (Read 4811 times)

Offline bigslope

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • bigslope New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Is this possible or a pipe dream?
« on: July 11, 2014, 11:55:40 AM »
I love the 50 / 100 Hand poker games I play while in Vegas. Buying/shipping one to Northern Ireland is way out due to price for carriage alone.

Now i'm very handy with my hands and was wondering if i built a wooden cabinet is it possible to buy everything i need a build a custom machine for my home bar?
I am thinking no payout, perhaps TITO if this project is even a starter.

Can anyone guide me if it is a starter and if so what is needed and rough cost.

If I'm dreaming just shoot it straight to me and i will dream up some other hair brained idea. :propeller:

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: Is this possible or a pipe dream?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 12:01:12 PM »
I believe it's possible, as I've seen testers made on bench tops. The tough thing may be finding ALL of the harnesses you need. What platform were you thinking? 039 or 044? You might find someone with a slant top cabinet that would strip it out for you for the right $$$.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline bigslope

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 12:13:25 PM »

I was thinking 039 to keep the cost down. TFT monitor is probably best too for shipping but as you say getting everything may be the problem.

Thanks for the quick reply.

PS do you know the actual program name of the games i am talking about, it may help me on my searches.

Thanks

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 01:28:41 PM »
It's just 50 Play or 100 play Poker, that's all your looking for. They come up on eBay every so often I believe. If not, one of our vendors may have a software set. Have you played both of those games in the same machine? I thought 50 play and 100 play only came as single games (not like a GameKing mix where you have multiple games in one cabinet), but I could be wrong.

The main hurdle you are facing is NOT the software. Once you get an operational 039 machine/setup, you could play any software you like (I-Games, GameKing sets, or individual Pokers). Now that I think about it, I think 50 and 100 play (at least one of them) are avail in a set of games (so you can choose from 8-10 games on same machine), but I think it's only on 044 platform. So if you're going 039, you could still play both games, but you'd only be able to have 1 installed in machine at a time.

Offline bigslope

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 03:15:55 PM »
I did speak to a guy from this site from England who was selling a Gameking although it had a few very slight faults. I think i asked him so many questions he just gave up replying to me. I would have probably bought it and my neighbour was interested too. It was on the old site.

Alas one may turn up again in the UK for sale. We just have the market for them really.

Offline Blueridgeslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 09:44:30 AM »
We would sell you the entire guts of the machine (just no cabinet) for $400 with a CRT or $600 with LCD 3902 based

Offline bigslope

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 10:31:56 AM »
Its just getting it to Northern Ireland is the expensive part :-(

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 11:20:07 AM »
With the LCD I would think it could be split into a couple boxes and shipped weight would be well under 100#, maybe under 50# total. Some things can probably be acquired more locally, like the printer and BV assemblies. That would save a lot of weight. I don't know what the parts market is like over there, but you might look into making a list of what you can get there to reduce the weight of what has to come from here. Just an idea...

Offline bigslope

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 11:24:58 AM »
These type of machines virtually do not exist on the UK market for the home user so it would all need to be got together.
I have been given a name of a firm in Southern Ireland and have emailed him about availability of machines.
Hopefully he will get back to me Monday and i will take it from there.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 12:43:05 PM »
Even if freight is $300-400, it would most likely be cheaper than piecing it together. One package weighing 100 lbs is cheaper than 5 packages weighing 20 lbs each typically. Try USPS and check their Intl Priority rates.  I've used them many times, as they were BY FAR the cheapest I found.

Offline JDKMunch

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...JDKMunch Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 01:20:37 PM »
I agree with CV -

For me it's the entire experience -  sure you could get the guts and build your own cabinet.   But why go through this?   You could just buy a computer program and play it on your laptop.   

Save some money and get the machine shipped - you will enjoy every second of it.

Assuming it's legal to own -  I have no knowledge of interstellar law. 

Offline bigslope

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 01:34:12 PM »
I just did a shipping quote from UPS.

Shipping from Nevada to N Ireland.... wait for it ..... £1500   i.e.  $2550   !!!!!!!!

Alas it's now a pipe dream

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 08:48:12 PM »
Just for the record, you need to recalculate based on East Coast shipping origination, and also, if you were to log in to USPS (creat an account), you will receive a discounted price...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal