New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: NEED HELP WITH CONNECTIONS TO CHAMII CONTROLLER  (Read 7031 times)

Offline vegasbaby

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • vegasbaby New User barely matters.vegasbaby New User barely matters.
  • NLG
NEED HELP WITH CONNECTIONS TO CHAMII CONTROLLER
« on: July 03, 2015, 10:31:11 PM »
Does anyone have a manual for a Mikohn CHAMII plus controller.               Thanks for any help.

And can someone tell me where the these remaining connection connect to ?

#1 black power cable from box  connects to ? SOLVED
#2 gray ribbon cable connects to display board,but have two connection points,which one ?
#3 red two pin,looks like it would fit on back of display board ?
#4 have a gray wire with female ends 6 opening ---it goes where ?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 06:43:54 PM by qbert »

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: NEED HELP WITH CONNECTIONS TO CHAMII CONTROLLER
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 12:52:20 AM »
Manual can be found on this post
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=741.0

Gray ribbon cable connects to the display you have pictured to the one that says data in.
Red and black wires with two pin plug is the power to the display.
Gray wire one of those plugs go to the mother board there is a good picture in this post to show where those wires go to on the mother board and the chamII+ http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=739.0

Hope this helps
Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline vegasbaby

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 10:15:47 AM »
HI RICH

Your help got me closer. This CHAMII is my first install. I looked at some of the pictures you posted for reference. One concern i noticed the round gray wire that is connected to the CHAMII black & white wires mount to right side of connection box,UN like the one in picture. Are these connections correct? . Since this unit was sent pre programed,will the data be lost once i do a clear? Or do i leave it un plugged during clear? Thanks for the help.

MARK

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 12:07:24 PM »
There should only be the flat ribbon and power cable going to the display nothing else.
The round grey with with the plug goes to the machines mother board. I don't have my computer so all I have is my cell so sending pictures and links is going to be a problem for me today.
You will not lose the data in the chamII+ but it has it's own battery and will not hold the data more than about two weeks. ( that means you must use your machines at least every two weeks for a little while to keep the battery charged) You should be able to plug the chamII in now without the round grey wire hooked up. It should go through its boot cycle and display as it will in your machine.This will also keep the battery charged before you have a chance to install.
The last thing you need to do is hook it to the machine, key the machine for progressive, and play.
I need to see a picture of where the round grey wires are hooked to the chamII, there should be three. I just want to be sure they are going to the correct pins.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 12:19:38 PM »
The other end goes of the grey wire goes to the mother board in the machine.
It's tough to find with all the other wire bundles for the reels and other bundles it should be labeled " prog" on the board.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 05:28:20 PM by qbert »

Offline vegasbaby

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 12:48:01 PM »
HI RICH

I found the connection point on mother board,it said progressive on right side edge of board. I should be good to do clear & key.
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP WHILE ON VACATION.
I must be the only guy with out no life,fooling around with this stuff on July 4th.

MARK

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 01:08:37 PM »
Should not need clear just key

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2015, 01:11:22 PM »
I'm at the outlaws house not sure that qualifies as a vacation, I'd rather be with my machines

Offline vegasbaby

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2015, 01:16:13 PM »
Well hang in there,its almost over.

I wont clear just key

THANKS
MARK

Offline vegasbaby

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2015, 02:36:25 PM »
Well after doing key,and setting all the setting,closed door. I GET ERROR MESSAGE--coin denomination unknown.

My slot is completly coinless,i have never had this error message before. Can this be fixed without re KEY the game.

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2015, 02:44:25 PM »
Go to your 7 settings if the coin denom is not set you will have to rekey. The coin denom setting tells the game what the value of a credit is coin or coinless.

Offline vegasbaby

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2015, 02:47:19 PM »
It is set to coinless, I comfirmed it.i just dont get it

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2015, 02:56:19 PM »
That does not matter the machine needs to know the value of a credit. You could have set the accounting value to .01 but the machine needs to know what the credit value is say .25 even if the accounting value is .25 you still have to set the coin value to .25.
Hope this makes sense.

Offline vegasbaby

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2015, 02:59:09 PM »
I think i found the problem,i did not enter a number in coin area,left it blank because im not using coins. Then i just set it at $1.00 thinking that was correct to match up the $1.00 my machine is set to. Well that didnt fix, Do i just set it at 000 after re key?

Offline vegasbaby

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2015, 03:03:03 PM »
Well that did fix it set it to match $1.00 as coin denom. Should the progressive number get larger when playing or adding cash?

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2015, 03:13:22 PM »
 That depends on what values are set in the chamII.
You may have to play a few games before the numbers roll.
Or it is not getting the signal from the game.
Try reseating the plug going to the chamII from the machine.
Finally when you keyed for progressive did you set it for game 1 linked for the dollar setting.
If you did the progressive settings before you set the coin value you probably need to rekey again and set the progressive up again. Frustrating I know but you will soon be an ace at this.

Offline vegasbaby

• NLG
Re: NUMBERS NOT GETTING ANY BIGGER
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2015, 09:17:43 PM »

HI

Progressive just blinks the numbers no numbers getting larger with play.
Well I checked all my connections, & there good. Fully connected .
If I have to re key the machine, is there a printed progressive check list out there to make sure I don't miss a step . In stead of just winging it.
Now I don't know if I performed the setting below.
game 1 linked for the dollar setting. As setting the progressive was my first attempt.

THANKS
MARK

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2015, 03:17:53 AM »
Read through the first post I sent you(still on cell or I would attach)
Look where it talks about keying progressive 7.3.
I know you pick the game ( assuming 1) then value ( $1) then on the next screen toggle until you see linked( you will see none, sas, stand alone etc. you want linked) and do not forget to save by pushing max credit button.

Offline Ron (r273)

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2015, 05:45:37 AM »
Hope this doesn't confuse you but hear are my notes on setting up the chami+ on my S-2000 Tabasco game.. This was made many years ago so not
everything may be actuate. 
I'm retired....My job is having a good time with my slots.   Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline vegasbaby

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2015, 03:00:03 PM »
Well just re key the machine,but cant get into 7.3.3.1  LEVEL 1 SET UP. After exiting key menu,my display reads PROGRESSIVE LINK DOWN.  With no movement in progressive display.And now bill validator not working,it is enabled,it cycle when you install cash can,but front light wont come on stating ready for bills. Any Master ChamII PROGRESSIVE  experts out there in keying & making the setting,willing to give me phone support to walk me through this set up for a fee of $40.00. Doesn't have to be today. I'm available most any time this week. I will have the machine keyed and ready for the call,so not to take up to much of your time. In less there is something else to try.

THANKS

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal