New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: CDS Video Poker model UV-1510, won't coin up, looking for a manual.  (Read 10721 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
I just picked up a CDS Video Poker slot machine. Need a manual that's my first request since I didn't see anything in the downloads section. The machine powers and plays music while cycling the screen. I do not have any keys and I am assuming I need that to access any machine programs. The coins fall straight through to the coin tray. It has a bill valadator but I didn't hear it cycle? It has a newer CC-40a comparitor, lights not on. Machine has a great picture. Can anyone help??

Thanks, Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 385
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Attached is a software manual for a UV-1910, it's pretty close to the UV-1510.  I've never found one specific for the UV-1510.  Hope it helps.  You'll need a key to access the menus.  Hope it helps.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Thanks for the manual. Can you tell me if the CDS had its own style reset keys? I don't see coin optics? How does this machine register coin credits?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Yeah, they have their own non-standard reset key.  It's the top keyswitch and it is a two way switch, it rotates clockwise and counterclockwise.  The keyswitch below that is for the Meter Lights, then there's one for the bill validator too. 

I think the comparitor sends the coin-in signal to the machine, but don't quote me on that, the CDS I had is at my in-laws place and I haven't had to do anything to it in a long time. 

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
I was able to find a door key, it happens to be the standard 000001 key. I've also been able to get the Bill acceptor to slide out, and the bill stackers empty... Gotten lucky before.. I've finally found the messages on the right side of the screen. It said logic board open? That's when I noticed the door style switch next to the boards.. I pulled the switch out to close that circuit, it now says logic door closed machine reset, and my coin comparitors light is now on. Hopefully it now just needs a reset key.

Gary
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
I forgot to ask, are both resets the same key? It figures the two wire lower reset is for the meters because I'm able to get at those wires on the back to jumper them. The top reset has shrink wrap on the connections. I'm going to try and jumper it at the molex plug.
And remember...

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
On mine they are the same, but the BV lock and door lock are different.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
Well my jumper got me into part of the menu, but I was not able to reset the machine?  I've thought of two more questions..

#1.. Do I need a reset chip for this CDS?

#2.. Do you know what it has for a battery?

And remember...

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
The UV-1510's do not require a reset chip,  you can initialize it through the menu system.  The battery is a CR-2354.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
Well that's good news that it doesn't need a reset chip. I'll look for the battery tomorrow, and just back into menu to figure out the initialize reset..
And remember...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 265
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: CDS Video Poker model UV-1510, won't coin up, looking for a manual.
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2015, 11:32:44 AM »
Here's my post on the battery I replaced for this machine. It was fairly straightforward although some of the messages were strange as it initialized. Don't forget to latch the mpu case and closer the main door first, the power on and start the initialize process.
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=6612.msg36883#msg36883
I really liked this game. I wish there was a similar one for the Bally game maker!
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2015, 12:18:58 PM »
The funny thing is, that this machine doesn't have a door in the MPU/Boards. That's why when I read the message on the right edge of the screen (logic switch open) I started looking around and saw the same style switch as used on the door. Once that was closed is when my comparitors light came on..

I'm going to have lunch then head back out to the garage, to look for the battery.

Gary
And remember...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2015, 04:21:08 PM »
Just be careful pulling out the MPU... it's a multi board assembly and kind of tricky to get in and out.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2015, 05:35:32 PM »
It wasn't that bad. You use the two white levers to get the board out. I found and replaced the battery and did the itinialize part of setup. My problem is that I still have a game reset message on the front screen? I've tried jumpering the resets since I don't have the key, but no matter what I try that message remains? I finally got both reset lock out to take to a lock smith.
And remember...

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2015, 06:46:07 PM »
If I recall correctly, I think the game reset message is informational, not an active error.  It will show that when the machine is initially turned on until a game is played.  Maybe shortrackskater can confirm that? 

As far as MPU removal, I usually disconnect the ribbon cable running between the two boards, then pull it out. 

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2015, 07:43:15 PM »
Did you make sure the main door is closed fully? Everything has to be closed including that MPU switch. I wasn't sure if you had one or if you did, it was in the closed position.
I forgot which switch it was but one turns on lights and the other (right side) should put the machine into an initialize mode. It will tell you to press a series of the hold/draw buttons.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2015, 08:29:00 PM »
I am past the initialize part in the setup menu.. I have two switches, main door on bottom right, and the one on the left side of the boards. I do not have cover or door for the boards. So I have pulled the switch's plunger forward and that has it closed.
I'm beginning to think my problem lays with the comparitor. The lights on, but all my coins are falling straight thru back to the coin tray. This comparitor has my coin optics in it. The numbers on it are CC-40a, 4b 24V
And remember...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2015, 04:53:39 PM »
Will it take bills and play? I'd think if both the CC and BV don't work, then it may have not initialized. Did the screen display properly during initialization? If I recall (I should - it was only a few weeks ago I did this!) there should have been a menu where you scroll down and press a series of keys.
Dumb question but is there a coin in the CC?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2015, 06:12:00 PM »
Update, second attempt... Somehow is erased and lot my post last night  :talktothehand:..

Yes I have a quarter in the comparitor..  :nerd:  I did some reading here on my comparitor and looked at a schematic. Come to find out I had turned the sensitivity pot turned the wrong way. I thought the + meant more sensitive, but I had to have it turned all the way CCW.. Once I did that and closed the door it accepted my quarters!  :dancing_2:  I played a few hand and even got to play the bonus multi round. Pretty cool game and not a bad buy at $100.
Now my next problem to address is the bill acceptor. I tried feeding it some singles but it gave them all right back to me.  :Scratch-Head:  the sticker says its a DBV-200, but in the menu it said DBV-145? I don't know anything about the DBV acceptors.. I'm in process of putting a lock on the side to release the whole bill acceptor and cash box.
My last fix is to see if I can get a key made for the resets and menu keys. It too bad it doesn't use the standard IGT, Bally, and many other machines reset key!!

Hey Shortrackskater...  Do you have a way or happen to know if your reset keys had a number on them? That would be helpful to me to give to a locksmith.

Gary
And remember...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2015, 09:31:50 AM »
I'll try and contact the owner of that slot but his listing on CL is deleted so I have a feeling it's gone.
It sounds like the BV is enabled since its at least taking bills in and out. It might just be dirty in there. Have you tried a $20? I'm sure it started out with a DBV 145 and was replaced with the 200.  If Buzz was reading he'd tell you to immediately throw the 145 in the trash!  Yes you need to get the unit out. With no lock on the side, there should be a way to release the latch I'd think.
When it takes a bill in, does it "grab" the bill firmly? Those O rings that grab the bill in can wear out. I fixed there DBV 200's by replacing them. But it may just be dirt and grime on the series of lenses inside the unit that may need cleaning. Don't use alcohol or it may cloud the lenses. I used eyeglass cleaner. Buzz used spit! Or, as he said it - "my DNA." :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal