New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Game King "Confetti" Screen  (Read 2231 times)

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 115
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
Game King "Confetti" Screen
« on: January 31, 2018, 12:41:09 PM »

Well is seems that my $18.00 Game King has gone south. I have the old Confetti screen and I think it may be the software. So, can someone verify the following checksums? Providing I read them right...  :Scratch-Head:

The board is an older 3802 with these IC.

Base- M0000526 = 404B
GME1- G0001775 = 46F3
GME2- G0001775 = 9F09
PXL1- C0000265 = CB6F
PXL2- C0000265 = 337E
CG1- C0000265= 8428
CG2- C0000265= E020

« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 12:56:45 PM by 63mini »

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
Re: Game King "Confetti" Screen
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 01:18:43 PM »
Screen shot attached.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 385
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 05:11:08 PM »
My M526 base chip has a checksum of E580.  I don't have the others to check for you. 

Have you checked your power supply output voltages?  Game ROMs don't fail very often unless you plug one backwards, break a pin, etc.

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 05:49:46 PM »

Tilt,

Thanks for the reply. The ROM were not even removed. I turned it off at lunch time and after I finished lunch I turned it back on and got the confetti screen. I did check the power supply when this happened and it's running at 15V and 29V. I also have the 5V at the regulator.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 06:26:45 PM »
Does the game seem to play, going by sound? If so maybe it is just a display or video ram problem?

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 12:55:11 PM »

Tilt,

Thanks for the reply. The ROM were not even removed. I turned it off at lunch time and after I finished lunch I turned it back on and got the confetti screen. I did check the power supply when this happened and it's running at 15V and 29V. I also have the 5V at the regulator.

Check them with another meter, those are awfully high.  Should be +13 and +25VDC.

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 02:42:22 PM »

Duh....  :duh:   You sir are correct! I guess I learned something today.  :Tongue_Out: I tried with a different meter and the voltages are at 12.13v + 23.4v. I guess these are on the low side?

As for my learning lesson.... Don't try to be cheap and nurse your old batteries in your Fluke meters.  When the battery low indicator comes on then change the damn battery! Replaced battery and first meter reads correct.

:thank_you:

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 03:31:33 PM »
Yes, those are low.  Low enough to cause the boot problem you have.  I'd look for another power supply before diving too deep into anything else.  What type of Game King do you have?  The older cabinets can be hard to find power supplies for.  Post a picture of it if you're not sure.

Fluke makes some nice test equipment, but yeah, ya have to keep good batteries in them!

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 04:09:43 PM »

Tilt,

Thanks again for your assistance. I guess I'll get a power supply to try. The part number on it is  40009090. Here are a couple photo just for the heck of it.

*** Update- A Power Supply is on it's way thanks to one of our Great Members!  :cool_thumb_up:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 05:00:23 PM by 63mini »

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2018, 05:36:15 PM »
That's a newer GK.  Plenty of power supplies around for that. 

I just wanted to make sure since you said it had a 3802 board.  Lots of time those are in older cabinets and the power supplies aren't interchangeable with newer ones without modifications.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 10:39:35 AM »
Did you get your game fixed?

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2018, 06:33:08 PM »

Here's an update!

The game is up and running!  :cool_thumb_up:   I received a replacement power supply from Ken. Kudos to him for that! I received it on Monday 2/5 the same day the flu decided to pay me a visit.  :fever: Today is the first day I felt human enough to go into the garage and give it a try.

Thanks to everyone who assisted!

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2018, 03:42:07 PM »
Thanks for the update, glad it's working again and that you are feeling better too  :applause: .  Ken's a great guy, glad he had the power supply you needed.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal