New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Poker game by Cal Omega, Monitor Hookup? HELP!!!  (Read 17484 times)

Offline Justin

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Justin New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Poker game by Cal Omega, Monitor Hookup? HELP!!!
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2017, 04:48:49 PM »
I have a crt monitor will it work on that

« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 08:55:03 AM by shortrackskater »
Thanks,
Justin

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2017, 08:22:21 PM »
Is your big buck hunter machine have a CRT or LCD?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Justin

• NLG
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2017, 04:50:42 AM »
Crt, and where could I find files to write to to eproms to put in one and two. Or where can I buy eproms

Thanks,
Justin

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2017, 07:28:47 AM »
Some of the folks here might have Cal Omega game files to load into eproms, you'd just have to ask about that and see if anyone responds. These game software files are sometimes called binary files, or bin files, or binaries by various people, just in case you see them referred to that way. To load them into an eprom you will need an eprom programmer. These eprom programmers are often called "burners", they connect to a computer and you transfer the game software file from the computer to the eprom programmer and it "burns" (loads) the software into the eprom. There are many eprom programmers for sale, here is one example:

http://www.mcumall.com/comersus/store/comersus_dynamicIndex.asp

Also, there is a hobby called "MAME" where the guys take old arcade game software like PacMan, Galaxian, etc and they load the games onto eproms for use in an arcade game they build or buy. Some of the MAME websites post all of those game software files for download, and many include games like Cal Omega video poker. So you can probably find some Cal Omega software files at a MAME website, you'd just have to search the internet for that. Here is one example of a MAME website with Cal Omega game software files to download (scroll down to the bottom part of their webpage screen):

https://www.emuparadise.me/M.A.M.E._-_Multiple_Arcade_Machine_Emulator_ROMs/Cal_Omega_-_Game_7.6_(Arcade_Poker)/11966

The eproms themselves can be bought at various places, however the ones used on your mpu may be fairly old-style and not readily available. When you buy eprom chips like this they will be unprogrammed (called empty or blank) so you will need to program them yourself. Look on the back of your eprom for the mfr part number, it will be something like "2732" or "2516" or similar. Or post a closeup photo and we can identify it. You can't just use any eprom chip, it has to be compatible with your mpu. Older style eproms can be bought on ebay. Also, here is a place that I have used:

http://www.epromman.com/

If you are lucky someone will have some Cal Omega game eproms that are already programmed, they would be sold to you as a set since you'd need all of chips to plug into your mpu. Sometimes people take apart a machine and sell the parts from it, including the game software chips.

Your game eproms on your mpu now may be ok, I'd suggest you get your machine working with the display problem fixed before going into game software replacement, unless you think your game chips are bad.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 07:47:49 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Justin

• NLG
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2017, 05:18:23 PM »
Thanks, anywhere I can get a cheap replacement monitor for my CRT.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 08:36:09 AM by shortrackskater »
Thanks,
Justin

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2017, 05:30:25 PM »
Maybe that guy you got the machine from has some parts or maybe he has a bad machine that has a display you can use? When you bought the machine with no display from him what was the plan, did he give you any suggestions?

You can try searching thru the discussion threads here on NLG, see if there is information about converting a machine from RGB type display to an LCD. Or there may be a converter box that takes RGB input and has VGA output, that would probably let you connect your machine to just about any LCD screen. Then you'd just have to get an LCD display of the correct size to fit the opening in your machine. Look for something like this video converter board, it might do what you need and the cost isn't too bad:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IBJCAIG/ref=s9_acsd_simh_hd_bw_b1Avd_c_x_1_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-11&pf_rd_r=KJ823E53GYJEXQH866RJ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=bd3f8f0b-0dd6-50d5-b530-c30b0af28ad9&pf_rd_i=280341

Something to be aware of-  because someone removed the display from your machine that may be because your machine wasn't working when they did that, so something could be wrong with the mpu board. That's an unknown at this time but you should be aware of it. It doesn't seem likely they would have taken a display from a good working machine, although it might have happened. That guy you bought it from may have some of these answers for you.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 05:46:33 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Justin

• NLG
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2017, 04:15:42 AM »
Sorry, I dont remenber if I posted this but the machine worked with my bigbuck hunter crt screen and I played some poker with it problem free.
Thanks,
Justin

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2017, 05:26:28 AM »
If this were mine, I think I would look in going the route of a LCD monitor with a VGA to LCD adapter board. The chance of you finding a good working CRT and chassis seems slim, unless the is a person or place that sells and service video arcade games in your area. They might have a working CRT, but it may have an image burnt into the screen from the game it was removed from. If you do have a person or place near you, they might be able to help with the conversion to LCD?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2017, 10:18:21 AM »
Sorry, I dont remenber if I posted this but the machine worked with my bigbuck hunter crt screen and I played some poker with it problem free.

That's really good news, sounds like your machine just needs a display. As Amechanic said, you might be able to find another crt display that will work, if you live in a bigger city there may be a place that repairs arcade equipment, slot machines, computers, etc and they might have one. Or you might be able to get one over the internet, like from ebay, but the shipping cost could add up to more than you want to spend.

I'd evaluate the cost and hassle of getting a crt display (RGB type ??) and compare it to the cost of converting it to LCD. There are smaller LCD displays that are not too costly.

How much did the Cal Omega machine cost you? If it wasn't too much then whatever you spend to get a display will still be an acceptable investment in a game machine that is fun. 

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2017, 10:27:24 AM »
Ok, I am really stupid but the big buck hunter machine i got really big one. had the same connector on the crt and it also had a pinout next to it, Sorry for wasting your time. Also I need just a tiny bit more help. I connected the video connector to a vga connector with wires and it gets the video signal but says it can display it. I figure it is too low resolution for an LCD monitor.

I reread this earlier post you made but still don't understand it completely. Can you go into more detail about what you did here and what you are saying? Remember, we aren't there to see what you are talking about, we only have your written words so it is important that you explain as fully as you can.

Pictures are great at helping us to know what you have there. Maybe post a photo of the big buck hunter crt showing its cable or connector that you used on the Cal Omega machine. And that diagram you mentioned that is on or near the big buck hunter crt that shows the pinout. Post as many photos as you want to.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2017, 08:13:56 AM »
i got a double up cal omega the great and they invented double up ck me on that

Can you post a photo of your mpu (the main circuit board)? That could be helpful to others. Thanks!

Offline Justin

• NLG
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2017, 07:17:58 AM »
So sorry about the late response.

Thanks,
Justin

Offline Justin

• NLG
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2017, 07:28:07 AM »
When I bought the Double Up Poker machine the man selling them also gave me a Silver Strike Bowling Machine with no monitor, A big buck hunter machine with 35" crt monitor(two Pieces) with no game boards, and the Golden Tee 2004 Fore Screen. I looked on the back of the big buck hunter screen and realized that there is a video connector on the chassis the same as the one on the Double Up Poker machine. There was also a sticker next to the connector that gave two letter abbreviations of each of the pins on the connector. The sticker with the pinout also matched the pinout I constructed with a multimeter on the Game Board of the Poker machine. I hooked the video connector of the Poker Machine to the connector on the 35" crt for Big Buck Hunter and the Picture from cal omega Double up poker showed up. Now I need the front glass for double up poker and a monitor or at least the size the monitor needs to be. A manual would also be nice.
Thanks,
Justin

Offline Justin

• NLG
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2017, 07:59:18 AM »
Here are some pictures.
Thanks,
Justin

Offline Justin

• NLG
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2017, 08:21:17 AM »
Thanks,
Justin

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2017, 05:27:39 PM »
That's very good progress from where you started with this project. What is next - finding a monitor the right size to fit the Cal-Omega cabinet?

Did you see the recent posting about a Ceronix crt monitor for sale?

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=16325.msg93039#msg93039

Offline Justin

• NLG
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2017, 04:32:02 AM »
That is just a forum helping someone with a monior. Not for sale?

Thanks,
Justin

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2017, 04:46:48 AM »
That is just a forum helping someone with a monior. Not for sale?

NLG member Jim at Midwest Slots has a monitor for sale, did you see his posting (shown below)?

I have brand new 1493 chassis available for sale, these were factory set for 220 volts,  Lisa had a tech tell me what had to be done to them to convert them to 120, I think it was to remove a couple of diodes??

50.00 plus the shipping.

Jim

Offline Justin

• NLG
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2017, 04:48:09 AM »
Ohh. That is just the chassis, right?
Thanks,
Justin

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2017, 04:52:16 AM »
Hmm, I took it to be the whole display but maybe not. You can send him a pm to double-check. Even if it isn't complete he might have a display for your machine, doesn't hurt to ask him to find out.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal