New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: BIll Validator  (Read 1635 times)

Offline gametec1

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • gametec1 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
BIll Validator
« on: January 17, 2018, 04:16:26 PM »
Hello Guys I'm New here and need some advice on A S+ red-white-blue that I bought and when I got it home had error 12.
I changed the battery and all works but bill validator.

WBA-12-USA  WBA-12-SS
Game chip -  SP-731
I have tried set15 and another not sure from eBay both showed bill acceptor as active and I set denomination to 25 but neither would enable bill acceptor.
I have 4 different s+ So I tried to change the Head & Transport box but still will not work.

Bill acceptor does power on and seems to cycle but never lights up or will accept a bill.

Any advice will be appreciated thanks
Harlan
Gametec

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: BIll Validator
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 06:01:55 PM »
Hello Guys I'm New here and need some advice on A S+ red-white-blue that I bought and when I got it home had error 12.
I changed the battery and all works but bill validator.

WBA-12-USA  WBA-12-SS
Game chip -  SP-731
I have tried set15 and another not sure from eBay both showed bill acceptor as active and I set denomination to 25 but neither would enable bill acceptor.
I have 4 different s+ So I tried to change the Head & Transport box but still will not work.

Bill acceptor does power on and seems to cycle but never lights up or will accept a bill.

Any advice will be appreciated thanks
Harlan
Gametec

A WBA 12 uses different software and wiring for use in an S+. Are you sure your "new" machine is setup for use with a WBA 12/13?
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline gametec1

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 07:56:51 AM »
tks for reply,
The guy I bought it from said it worked before
and it had a bill in it so it must have worked at one time.

I know none of wiring has been changed and only thing happen
was battery died changed it and all worked but bill validator.
by different software you mean I need different set chip or something.

Thanks,
Harlan

Offline gametec1

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 11:13:50 AM »
I  think I may have found the problem but not sure.
I put validator in test mode and it takes the bill but never stacks it.
even when power on/off never here it stack. So I assume it never sends a ready signal to game.
I have tried all 4 bill validator transport ,head , and cashbox cleaned all belts etc.
for some reason its not stacking. could it be in power supply or something in cabinet or is it something wrong
with all 4 wba's. they have been sitting for a while.

Harlan

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 11:31:02 AM »
Harlan,   run the stand alone test on the WBA unit.  use the machine and the power supply for power for the unit.  remove the transport unit, place switches 1-2-3 and 8 in the on position, with the machine power off, install the transport into the machine, remove the cash box, now turn on the power to the machine, turn switch # 8 off, the unit will cycle briefly, now you can insert a bill into the unit, it should accept it and run it all the way through the transport and deposit it in the cash can area, if it does this then your WBA is working as it should, you can also check and see what bills it will accept, kinda of give you a heads up as to what version your unit is programmed .

see if the units will do this, this will tell you what you are up against.

hope this helps

Jim 

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline gametec1

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 11:41:03 AM »
Jim,

That is the way I was testing and it accepts but never stacked. However I found the service manual and it says #8on then 1,2,3,4 on then 8 off.
If I turn all 4 on for test mode then it accepts every bill I put in it and stacks them no problem but still wont accept or light up out of test mode.
So I'm guessing game is not enabling still I was looking at a sticky on page and I don't think set15 chip  works with sp731.

I think I may need a different Set Chip?

Harlan

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 12:43:19 PM »
Harlan,    SP731 works quite well  with a set 15 chip, I use it all the time, 731 is very user friendly, once you get into the diagnostic test mode you can navigate through all the menus and tests using the buttons on the front panel, never have to use the jackpot reset key.

with the set chip, set the 9 to 9_1 enabled,  set the denom to what ever coin denomination you are using, this tells  how many credits to exchange for bills.

then set all the limits in test #7 and #8  to 1000 (coins played window to a seven)  you can see the status of all your settings ---- once in the test mode(press the white test button one time with the door open)  press the max bet button to get to the test where there is a 5_0 or a 1 displayed in the winners paid window, now use the change button to advance through the entire menu, it will set up each time to the next number and indicate the setting of that function all the through until you hit the last status check which is the setting of the dip switch on the mpu board, usually set to 1111 0000.

also try test #27 in the input test, this will turn on the bezel lamps and allow you to insert a bill into the unit, it will hold it momentarily and return it.

hope this helps

Jim 

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline gametec1

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 01:40:11 PM »
Jim,

I have tried Set chip multiple times and (9_1) was always enabled already and Set denom to 25 and that's all set chip allows me to change.

Test 7 & 8 Lets me change them to 1000 but then always go back to 7 _ 0400 & 8_0000.

Not sure what you mean by test 27 cant find it?

Harlan

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 02:07:00 PM »
find the S+ diagnostic flip cards, it explains all these tests.  input tests ---a #1 in the cp window a 10_1 in the wp window, then advance to #27 using the change button.            at the end of the 5_0 menu there will be four numbers in the wp window and four numbers in the credits window, these correspond to the setting of the dip switch on the board, which in turn determine if you can set the limits to your setting or to the setting of the program.  seems in your case the dip switches are set to a fixed number, and are not programmable   for programmable set dip #1234  to on   5678 to off. 

should be able to set them now.

Jim

Signature:

Offline gametec1

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2018, 02:31:23 PM »
Jim,

OK, I found the diagnostic sheets and dip #4 had to be off(which is way it was b4 I read message) #7 & #8 all set to 1000.
settings verified 9_1 and denom is 25.
Bill Validator works fine in its own test mode.
Input test #27 does not light up bill validator or allow to take any bill.

Any ideas?

Harlan

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 02:50:16 PM »
the bezel lamp  control comes from a two pin connector on the back of the shelf assembly that holds the transport. three connectors, a five pin that sends and receives data to the cpu, a small 2 pin that provides power, and the larger two pin that is the control wire.  check the bulbs in the denom. lamp holder,  inspect that everything is plugged in, and the big transistor is still mounted to the left side of the board. 

with the door closed, and everything ready to play, does the bill unit attempt to take in a bill,  did you trace the cable going from the point where the bill unit power supply is plugged into the connector in the back of the machine under the reel shelf?  plugged into the motherboard? J-6.

any writing on any of the bill units as to the programming??   WBA 12--V-3.75 or ???   

Jim   
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 10:17:01 AM by shortrackskater »

Signature:

Offline gametec1

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 03:04:37 PM »
I will check those connections.
I know the bulbs are good it actually lit up when bill validator was in test mode.

Sticker on Bill Validator says:
wba12usa 023
v3.00-031
WBA-12-SS
08-22-03
2003 IGT

Offline gametec1

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2018, 04:15:43 PM »
OK,

Check all connections and must have had a bad connection and now I have bill light up and pull in money but will not accept it.
It accepted every bill in test mode so still must be on game side I think.

getting closer.......

Harlan

Offline gametec1

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2018, 04:39:11 PM »
OK Jim I finally got it, I had left the 4 switches on the bill acceptor down after test mode.
switched them back and it accepts all bills Now.

Must have been bad connection between bill validator & motherboard.

I really appreciate your Help...... :hail:

Thanks,
Harlan

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2018, 07:16:45 PM »
don't feel bad, I've done that many times,  after calibrating the unit and testing the transport, I was in a hurry to get it in the machine and forgot about the switches.

glad you got it working,  and you learned a lot about your machine and the tests.  using the flip cards, you can test every function of that machine.

Jim

Signature:

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal