New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Anyone want to help a guy out?  (Read 2268 times)

Offline Brett

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Brett New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Anyone want to help a guy out?
« on: January 25, 2018, 09:30:06 AM »

Now here is what I have:
Black & White Double Jackpot
Mdl # S63M3CT10
Manufactured 5/97
When you turn it on this is what happens
Lower cabinet lights up but not the light behind the payout glass.
The coin comparator green light does not light.
The circuit board just below that has a yellow light it is on.
The metal box just below the wheels the reset red light keeps blinking. (I don’t have a key to open this area).
The coin hopper thing at the bottom keeps making a click click noise. There are two little push buttons on the left side also on the left side there is a red and green light, these are both blinking.
I do not have any keys for this machine. The front right side lock is missing. I don’t have one to get into the metal box with the blinking red reset light. I don’t have a key for the key switch on the right side, high and towards the back. I’ll post some pic’s tonight.

First of all what needs to get fixed first?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 07:30:12 PM by Brett »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Anyone want to help a guy out?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 10:40:06 AM »
If you post photos of the machine and its problem areas it will help you get advice. We can't "see" what you have or what you are seeing and some problems are hard to diagnose without photos.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline don275

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • don275 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 02:10:58 PM »
your going to have to open the lock where mother board is, unplug machine in drill lock out,you have to be able to get to mother board to clear ram and change battery when needed, thats a must to get to it,

Offline LINDAM

• Moderator: Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...
  • When you run out of Quarters...You're done!
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 02:52:02 PM »
Also what are the error codes on the door LED's
If it ain't broke.....Stop trying to fix it.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 09:05:34 PM »
.....The coin comparator green light does not light.....
.....I do not have any keys for this machine. The front right side lock is missing. I don’t have one to get into the metal box with the blinking red reset light. I don’t have a key for the key switch on the right side, high and towards the back. I’ll post some pic’s tonight......

On many machines the green lite on the coin comparitor only comes on when the main front door to the machine is closed. So I don't think it is something to worry about, unless someone here familiar with your particular machine says differently.

It looks like the coin comparitor in your photo does not have a "sample" coin installed. So I'd go ahead and put a quarter in there and get that taken care of, fast and easy to do.

The key that's needed for the right side, high and towards the back is the "jackpot reset key". It is used for several maintenance things so you need to get one. The typical reset key used on many slot machines is called a "2341" key. They are avail from many places and are low cost. Below is a photo of what they look like. Or you can replace the entire reset switch with a new one that comes with a key.

The main circuit board for the machine (the "mpu" board) is located inside that metal tray with the lock and lights on the front. If that lock is locked and you don't have a key you will need to drill it out.

(click photos to enlarge them)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 09:41:42 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 10:53:55 PM »
99.99% of the time the lock on the computer tray is in the open position, giving the board a good tug by pulling both handles straight out will remove it from the machine.
The key for that lock is a #93 if the lock is actually in the lock position I have a couple dozen of those keys.
I don't recommend drilling it out, the PC board and many delicate traces are right behind the lock.
Your first task after removing the board is to measure the battery voltage.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Brett

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 05:53:49 AM »
your going to have to open the lock where mother board is, unplug machine in drill lock out,you have to be able to get to mother board to clear ram and change battery when needed, thats a must to get to it,

I have, I didn't drill it, I picked it. I have total access to the MPU. The battery looks like new apposed the the rest of the board.

Offline Brett

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 06:05:15 AM »
99.99% of the time the lock on the computer tray is in the open position, giving the board a good tug by pulling both handles straight out will remove it from the machine.
The key for that lock is a #93 if the lock is actually in the lock position I have a couple dozen of those keys.
I don't recommend drilling it out, the PC board and many delicate traces are right behind the lock.
Your first task after removing the board is to measure the battery voltage.

Great, I'll see if anyone at work has a meter thing and time to show me how to use it. What should the voltage be for the battery?

Offline Brett

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2018, 06:15:52 AM »
Also what are the error codes on the door LED's

Well I had taken the coin hopper out to repair I think were thew wires to the hopper to tell the machine to send coin into the the box the hopper is full. I then had to remount the plug that the hopper slides into when you put it back in. I also took the black wire and added it to the nuts and bolts to make as ground connection. I'm not sure which way the plug went, I think I got it right.
The error code now is 8.8.8.8 in both the door leds.

I turn the coin comparitor sensitivity all the way counter clockwise. The quarters now will mostly go into the hopper. no credit was given.

The hopper lights are not on and the the spin thing won't move either. I did when I got the machine.  I guess I'm going backwards

Brett

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2018, 08:06:31 AM »
Measure the battery voltage, it should be over 3 Volts DC.
If the battery is hanged because it is low you will have to do a system reset.
At this point  a full on picture of your board would help.

Offline Brett

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2018, 08:00:40 AM »
Measure the battery voltage, it should be over 3 Volts DC.
If the battery is hanged because it is low you will have to do a system reset.
At this point  a full on picture of your board would help.

OK, Well I got a meter and was showed how to use it. the volts is 0.00v

So at this point Need to get a new battery, a #93 key and a 2341 key.

I'm not sure if it  is ok to ask members where to  get these what shops are better or  where do they get theirs ?  but i'll ask  where can i get all of the at one time?

Brett

PS added Pic of board

Offline don275

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • don275 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2018, 08:12:45 AM »
try the guy that told you he had the 2 keys, maybe he has a battery as well,if not get the keys and order battery some where else, you will get her going as soon as you get the battery. not sure if you will need safe clear chips as well ,depends on what model in main chips in it,

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2018, 11:46:01 AM »
PM me.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal