New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Game King Version?  (Read 5664 times)

Offline Caliwebman

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Caliwebman New User has no influence.
    • Spiritual Evolution
Game King Version?
« on: January 27, 2018, 04:27:21 PM »
Hi Guys! Trying to figure out what type and version of Game King I just bought as I am troubleshooting it and in need of a manual too. The tag on the right side says Model: 96443100. Pic attached. I put a game king deluxe board into it and for some reason it has a rainbow lined screen and the power supply seems to be making louder noise than usual. Any help would be appreciated.

Scott

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Game King Version?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 04:49:19 PM »
You have a 19" Game King+ panda cabinet with a 044 MPU, 19" LCD monitor, and a WBA validator.  It looks like someone removed the top row of line bet buttons for some reason, but they're not required to play the machine as you can use the touchscreen instead. 

The power supply should be silent, but there's a MPU cooling fan located on the right side of the MPU tray behind the bill validator that may be making the noise.  Watch out for the lamp behind there if there is one, they can get really hot.  There's probably also a cabinet fan in the behind the monitor.

Can you post a picture of the rainbow lined screen?  A picture of the MPU board would be helpful too.  When it is powered up does the red LED on the front of MPU board blink? 

Offline Caliwebman

• Spiritual Evolution
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 05:37:41 PM »
Thank you SO much Tilt, you are appreciated! Yes, attached are requested images, and you know just from my listening and then getting closer to the PS it sure seems that there is a grinding noise coming from that PS.... its as if say if the PS had a fan and the fans ball bearing went bad sounds like its grinding. What I can do is try and take a video of the PS with sound on and then U/L the video to my site and then provide a link to the file. Let me work on that and will get the link to you asap.

Also, I noticed that there appeared to be a good few spills on and into this machine, I cleaned it all up but still was kinda bummed when I found them. It also came with another board that was previously installed in it board model: 2734-3 - i guess its a 960 mother board. I took the 960 out and replaced it with the deluxe. Wondering if I should revert back to the 960 just to see if I get a functional result.

Thanks again for all your help.

Scott
p.s. how would you say I fared if I picked 'er up for $450 in this condition? Hope I did alright!

p.s.s. negative on the blinking red light as you can see in the rainbow pic.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 06:12:33 PM »
Your MPU board looks like it is booting up normally judging by the LEDs, that's good.  So you upgraded it to a 044 by changing the MPU board and motherboard out?  I assume it worked with the old MPU and motherboard in it?  Can you post a picture of the MPU board you removed.  It was probably a 3902.  The 3902 and 044 MPU boards operate at different screen resolutions.  On some monitors you have to move a jumper, on others you can adjust it through the onscreen menus.  That is hopefully why your monitor isn't displaying the video correctly.

The power supply doesn't have any fans.  It's probably the one on the MPU tray, it's not uncommon to have to replace them.  It's also a pain in the ass to do it.

I think you did good, especially with a LCD monitor and 044 hardware.  Prices vary is different areas.  Almost seems like they give them away in AZ and NV.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 08:13:20 PM »
That flashboard appears to be an aftermarket product, not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's only the second time I see that (ebay was the other time). The IGT ones usually have all kinds of IGT branding stamped on them.  The multicolored lcd lines look to me like a bad flash board.  If it was  the lcd jumper vertical sync inssue, you would just get no image at all.  Whenever I've seen that pattern, it's been a bad software (flash board).  If you have a key chip, see if you get an image with it.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Caliwebman

• Spiritual Evolution
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 05:36:47 PM »
Thanks to you all who have taken the time to share your knowledge, I appreciate every bit of what you share.

Don't think I mentioned that I came across a package deal whereby I was able to purchase an S2000 and a couple of game kings at a reasonable price - of course they need work. Would like to ask for your input on this next Game King, it is a CRT model and I am wondering what model it is so to see if we have a manual here on it. If you pros could have a look at the pics attached and let me know the model that would be awesome. Also, you may note that on the monitor of the CRT game there is this error that I am having trouble clearing. It says "Operator must set denomination to non-blank value". I've looked through the entire menu area and cannot find How to set a non-blank value.

Thanks again for all y9our help,
scott

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 06:17:35 PM »
17" Game King, probably with a 3902 MPU board.  Post a picture of it (MPU) and we can tell you for sure. 

You should be able to set an accounting denomination by doing pressing the MPU self test button on the front of the MPU board.  Then touch SETUP -> MACHINE OPTIONS-> GAME DENOMINATION SETUP, then set an accounting denomination.  It should restart after that and be playable.  To make any other denomination changes, game selection/paytables, etc you'll need a keychip to do.  What key you needs depends on the type of MPU board and the game software installed. 

Have you done anything with the other Game King?

Offline Caliwebman

• Spiritual Evolution
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 09:57:34 PM »
Shit!!! excuse my french but I hate it after spending an hour on a msg then come to find my file size is too large and so my entire msg is deleted, gone, no where cached... UGH!

Tilt, will try this again after I cool down a lil bit....

Offline Caliwebman

• Spiritual Evolution
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 10:04:34 PM »
Ok, thanks again for everyone's help on this, I appreciate u pros!

Please find pics attached of #1 original motherboard from 19in GK. and #2 MPU from GK CRT.

Now TIlt, where you said, "You should be able to set an accounting denomination by doing pressing the MPU self test button on the front of the MPU board.  Then touch SETUP -> MACHINE OPTIONS-> GAME DENOMINATION SETUP, then set an accounting denomination. " well the only menu I have been able to get into t\is the one that comes by way of having this error and then turning the key on the exterior right side. No where in these menus do i SEE A setup. And nothing really happens when I push the mpu button,,, if in the other menu it just kicks me out to the original error screen. Is there any other way to get to this set up menu??

Thank you very much...

copy to clip board BEFORE POSTING SCOT^^T!!!! lol

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2018, 10:32:48 PM »
I feel your pain.  I've had that happen to me too.  It is frustrating for sure.  Now I make sure I resize any pictures I want to post so that they're under 1 MB before I try to upload them.

That's a 3902 MPU with a single denomination version of Game King 4.3 installed.  Key 17 is the proper key for that game software.

Turning the Jackpot reset key only allows you to access attendant menu.  You need to access the operator menu which is done by pressing the self test button located next to the LEDs on the MPU board.  Press it when the black error box is displayed on the screen.  I'm not sure if you can access the operator menu from the attendant menu if that's what you were trying to do.  Then you should see the SETUP button.

If you still don't get a operator menu check the MPU self test button with a multimeter to make sure it is working.

Here's a software reference guide that shows the menus for your software.

Offline Caliwebman

• Spiritual Evolution
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2018, 07:17:13 PM »
Ok Guys, I can get to set up now and then I go Machine Options but there is no denominations button. Wondering if I am srtill in attendant mode. I took a pic of the menu> see attched.

Scott - copy to clipbaord

Offline Caliwebman

• Spiritual Evolution
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2018, 08:36:45 PM »
Well, got some great news on the side of my game king 19 in LCD version machine! I disconnected that mpu fan that was grinding, fired it up and the sound went away, hence I have now determined that small fan to be whats grinding. Then I slammed the MPU into its socket, re-plugged in the fan, fired her up and OMG! The fricken rainbow screen was gone! Now I have gotten as far as actually seeing the game menu with tabs and all.... the only last problem left is that I am getting a Coin-In Jame Options Verification Required. What baffels me is why I would even have a coin in Jam in the first place being these machines are gutted of their coin ops and hoppers and all and only rely upon tickets and bills.

After further reading I understand this coin-in error could be a whole bunch of different things, but if I were to start with the most obvious problem analysis and try simplified things what might I try first.

Gaining even more respect for you guys.... these things are crazy as while they should lal behave the same, NONE of them do.... it's like each one has their own lil personality! lol

Again, my appreciation is yours,

Scott

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2018, 08:23:15 AM »
Ok Guys, I can get to set up now and then I go Machine Options but there is no denominations button. Wondering if I am still in attendant mode. I took a pic of the menu> see attched.

Scott - copy to clipbaord

No, that's the operator menu or you wouldn't have the SETUP menu button.  I'm not sure why you don't have a denomination setup button displayed though.  Normally you can set it the first time after a clear without the keychip.  After that you can view it, but not change make any changes without keying it.  At least that's how it works the multi-denomination version of that game software.  I don't have the single denom version, perhaps it's different. 

You're going to want a keychip anyhow so you can select what games/paytables you want active.  You can only activate 12 games per denomination, so with a single denomination you'll only be able to select 12 game out of all the ones available.  With multi-denomination you select 12 games at 5c, 12 different games at 10c, and so on until you have them all enabled. 

You can try this if you want to see if you can get an initial denomination set.

Remove and then re-install the button cell battery.  This will clear the RAM memory.
Power up the game.  You'll get a RAM error message and a blaring siren sound to go with it.  Turn the jackpot reset key, then you'll get an EEPROM error, turn the key again.  Then it will tell you to push the MPU self test button for 2 - 3 seconds.  Just keep following the onscreen directions until you get to the game screen.  It will probably look exactly like it did the first time.  Verify game options and game denomination needs to be set.  Then push the MPU button, SETUP, MACHINE OPTIONS, and then see if there's a GAME DENOMINATION button.  If so, set it to what you want and it should restart.  The verify game option will probably appear again, touch the OK button below it and the machine should be ready to play when you put credits on it.

If you don't have the GAME DENOMINATION button again, then I guess the only way to set it will be with a keychip.  For that chipset you need Key 17.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2018, 08:40:09 AM »
Well, got some great news on the side of my game king 19 in LCD version machine! I disconnected that mpu fan that was grinding, fired it up and the sound went away, hence I have now determined that small fan to be whats grinding. Then I slammed the MPU into its socket, re-plugged in the fan, fired her up and OMG! The fricken rainbow screen was gone! Now I have gotten as far as actually seeing the game menu with tabs and all.... the only last problem left is that I am getting a Coin-In Jame Options Verification Required. What baffels me is why I would even have a coin in Jam in the first place being these machines are gutted of their coin ops and hoppers and all and only rely upon tickets and bills.

After further reading I understand this coin-in error could be a whole bunch of different things, but if I were to start with the most obvious problem analysis and try simplified things what might I try first.

Gaining even more respect for you guys.... these things are crazy as while they should lal behave the same, NONE of them do.... it's like each one has their own lil personality! lol

Scott

That's good news! 

Shut the machine off, and re-seat the door I/O board.  It's the small board with the handle mounted on the door.  You may have the error still when it powers up.  Open and close the main door.  If it clears, that was it.  If not, then I'd steal the Optics bypass plug from your other game king and install it on this machine and see if that clears it up.  The bypass plug is circled in the photo below.  They pulled the comparitor out, but left the coin optics installed on this one.  The plug will bypass them and hopefully clear the error too.  If it persists still, swap door I/O boards from the other machine.

This game being a 044 MPU with a flash board installed will need Key 28 to setup/change machine options.

Offline Caliwebman

• Spiritual Evolution
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2018, 10:40:33 PM »
You Rock Tilt! Hey, I need to know, for how long have you been working on these game kings? Cause you are pretty darn dialed at it!

So now, due to the various number of actions I took.... i.e. re-seating door I/O board, installing loop patch, etc I am not sure what truly eventually did it for me but this baby is 110% functional! And my what fun these suckers are! What I had to do is keep opening the door, following directions on screen, double turning the jackpot key, over, and over, and over again and again.... until finally.... BOOF! The error went away and she became play worthy. :)

Sorta scared to pull off the loop on the door to place it back on the 17 .... perhaps Ill just order another loop huh.

Thanks again Tilt, you are appreciated more than you know sir!

Scott

Scott

That's good news! 

Shut the machine off, and re-seat the door I/O board.  It's the small board with the handle mounted on the door.  You may have the error still when it powers up.  Open and close the main door.  If it clears, that was it.  If not, then I'd steal the Optics bypass plug from your other game king and install it on this machine and see if that clears it up.  The bypass plug is circled in the photo below.  They pulled the comparitor out, but left the coin optics installed on this one.  The plug will bypass them and hopefully clear the error too.  If it persists still, swap door I/O boards from the other machine.

This game being a 044 MPU with a flash board installed will need Key 28 to setup/change machine options.

Offline smoothgrh

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • smoothgrh Is working their way up.smoothgrh Is working their way up.smoothgrh Is working their way up.
  • Bally 873; Game King 3502/3902; Atari System 2
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2018, 11:50:05 AM »

Thanks again Tilt, you are appreciated more than you know sir!

I second that emotion! Thanks for all your help over the years!

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2018, 12:48:56 PM »
Thanks, you guys are welcome.  I got my first Game King around 12 years ago and still have it.  I'm just a hobbiest and a tinkerer, probably don't know when to leave well enough alone most of the time  :24:

Anyways, I'm glad you got one of them running.  Have some fun with it for awhile and then get the other one going!

Offline Caliwebman

• Spiritual Evolution
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2018, 12:43:08 AM »
That's awesome Tilt, and thanks for sharing!  :hail:

Ok, question: If I am running a GK 044 19 lcd, IT RUNS ON BILLS AND TICKETS, it has no hopper or coin mech, and say i haVE won 40000+ tokens inwhich it shows a my credit amount, and someone hits cash out..... is there any way to clear this coin-out error without a key or clear chip? I think I recall you sharing one process with me that entailed removing the battery from the MPU then replacing it etc........ wondering what I should try as now both the GK 17 CRT and the 19 LCD are unplayable.  :no:

Its this damn coin-out error that is killing the GK19 and Im impatient as I await the shipment that shall include these chips.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2018, 08:51:29 AM »
Yes, if you remove the battery it will clear the RAM memory and the credits. 

When you see the RAM & EEPROM errors turn the jackpot reset key and follow the on-screen directions.  Then you'll need to set an accounting denomination like before too.  I'm not sure if you can disable the hopper without a keychip or not.  Setup-->Machine Options-->Peripheral Devices Setup and see if it will let you.  If it won't you could pull a wire off the cash out switch until you get a keychip. 

Offline Caliwebman

• Spiritual Evolution
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2018, 06:46:39 PM »
Thanks TIlt, I know this is a bit confusing because 40've been working with two machines on this thread each having their own unique challenges..... so its the GK 17CRT that has the denomination challenge.... and apparently my menu will not allow for me to get to denomination setting so I must wait for chip on this one. The GK19 LCD is sporting the 40,000 coin-out challenge... so I guess my Q is should I try and yank the battery on the GK19 in an attempt to void the coin-out challenge? Already have repeatedly tried the I/O pull and re-seat to no avail. If not will have to wait a few days for the chips to arrive.

Thanks again Tilt, you are appreciated!

Scott

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal