New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bill Acceptor not working  (Read 14863 times)

Offline jplynn711

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • jplynn711 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Bill Acceptor not working
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2018, 10:35:45 AM »
That's good. This discussion is getting long and a little rambling, can you summarize and restate what is working and what is not working on the machine? I think that would help others that want to help to know what to suggest.
[/quote]

everything on machine works .I had an issue out of the blue with a 21 code but I cleaned the coin slot out (it had some fine black dust in it and it is fine now
it is a 3 coin machine all play functions work as long as you plug quarters in it .The guy I bought it from bought a dvb-200 bill validator for it but never installed it (came with a 145 or 6 still have it ) .I have tried both of them .I also notice the lights over the slot for bills does not come on either .The one that says $1 to $100 face up .

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2018, 10:46:34 AM »
ok, thanks. Is it possible that the guy you bought it from can install the DBV-200 and get it working for you? It sounds like he is in your area and he is familiar enough with the machine that he could get the bill validator working for you.

Correct any of the following if it is wrong:

So the only issue is getting the bill validator to work.

And you've enabled the bv by setting menu step 9 to 9-1. And you've set the machine denom to 25 cents.

When the machine is powered on the bv motor runs, it is doing its initialization. When you try to insert a $1 bill does it pull the bill in? Or maybe it pulls in the bill and then rejects it back out?

You have 2 of the DBV bill validators and they are both doing the same thing? The person you got them from says both work ok? The older DBV-145 will only work with a $1 bill due to age of its internal software (that's the eprom inside the DBV). Sometimes on an S+ machine when you upgrade the DBV to a DBV-200 the older DBV-145 power supply is not strong enough to operate the DBV-200. This power supply is a black box mounted to the left of the DBV, you can follow the cable from the DBV back to the power supply to find it, it should look like the photo below. Post a photo of yours if you are not sure. In fact we haven't seen what the machine looks like, so if you will post some photos of it and attach them to a message it might be helpful. Click on the green link below a message dialog box that says "Attachments and other options" and follow the prompts to post photos.

When you look at the DBV power supply notice if it has any vent slots cut into the housing. The DBV power supply with vents is the newer style that works more reliably with the DBV-200. I'm not sure this is your problem but it is something to consider.

(click image to enlarge)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 11:07:19 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline jplynn711

• NLG
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2018, 11:13:29 AM »
yes only bill changer now is issue.
I hear bill validator initialize and run after that but it will not take a bill at all .
Both validators are the same hear them run but does not take a bill . Not even a little bit

Offline jplynn711

• NLG
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2018, 11:20:17 AM »
and has the older power supply.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2018, 11:21:48 AM »
since you can get into the diagnostic tests you should be able to check all the settings of the bill unit.  it would help if you could get the S+ diagnostic flip cards to look at. It will help you understand all of these tests and menus. these tests will tell you everything about the condition of your machine, saves so much time and effort and chasing your tail around.

open the door, press the white TEST button one time--- you are now in the test mode.  use the buttons on the front door to navigate through the menus and tests.  the bet 1 credit button will advance you through each main menu,  the bet max button will go back to a certain menu if you pass by it, the change button will advance you through each menu.  the flip cards show you what number will be in what window and what it means!! SO IMPORTANT TO HAVE THOSE CARDS WHEN TRYING TO FIND OUT ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR MACHINE.  THEY SHOULD BE IN THE FAQ SECTION . 

PRESS THE  bet 1 button until you see the number 5_0 or 5_1 or 5_2.  STOP, now press the change button, each time you press that button you will advance to the next number, which is another setting to check, press the change  button  until you get to the number 9, this is the setting the machine is set to, its either a 1 or a 0, if a 1 then the bill unit is enabled, if a 0, its not enabled.  now press the the bet 1 button until you see a #6 in the coins played window, this is the setting the machine has locked in for the denomination, in your case it should be 25, if not then your setting is not correct.

using the flip cards and going through the menus and settings, you can test every function of this machine and know with out a doubt what is working and what is not!!!!   it will test the hopper, the switches, the bulbs etc.etc.

so check those two settings and you will know that the software has been set properly and your problem is elsewhere.

Jim 

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2018, 11:40:41 AM »
Jim- is this (attached) the S+ flip cards you are referring to?

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline jplynn711

• NLG
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2018, 12:05:39 PM »
here is #6 setting

Offline jplynn711

• NLG
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2018, 12:13:34 PM »
Sorry posted wrong pictures of the 9_1 setting

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2018, 01:41:33 PM »
Yes those are the cards I was referring to.  invaluable when troubleshooting an S+ machine.  if you could make those available for everyone to access I think they will answer a lot of people's  questions about settings and running tests on their respective machines.

The pictures you posted show that the machine is set it for 25 cent denomination, and the bill acceptor is enabled, so as far as the set chip is concerned, you did everything correctly.  if all the limits were set in coins played window #7 and #8  set to 1000, then all your settings are correct.  (perhaps one we will have to address after you get it to work (bill to hopper setting, with your SP 804 chip, dip switch #4 has control of that, in test 5_0, that also has control, at the end of that menu, the status of the 8 DIP switches is displayed, typically 1111  0000. )
 what happens when you power up the machine?  the bill unit should have two distinct cycles, one is the transport to the cash cash reset, a heavy grinding noise, and the head to transport cycle a soft gear meshing noise.  the two red LEDS on the 200 head should be on.(visible between the two plugs on the left side. indicates power to the unit from the black power supply, transport has to be seated properly in the housing so it can mesh with the cash can, otherwise the machine will think it is not there and won't initialize.

if the two noises are present and the LEDS are on, disconnect the four pin connector on the front right, the unit should start to cycle immediately, its looking for the cash can, this will test the cash can optics and associated wiring, if all  this is good, place the two bulb/socket from the insert yellow decal into the denomination bulb/socket to test them to see if they are good, if good  run input test # 27 , this should light up the bezel and let you place a bill into the unit.

let me know the results of all this,

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline jplynn711

• NLG
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2018, 02:44:01 PM »
ok so at the end of the 5_0  menu the dip switch status showed 1110 0000 .

So I moved the #3 dip switch and it showed 1111 0000 and KABOOM its working lights are on and it is taking $1 dollar bills .tried a newer 5 and it spit it back out .

But when u put a buck in it drops quarters and I want it to do credits for bills .So I guess #4 switch is in play now ?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2018, 02:52:52 PM »
I'd have to read the psr about the #4 switch,  usually that would allow setting #8 to be set in the 5_0 menu,  that usually controls how the machine handles the bill input, either pay from the hopper or go to credits.

Jim 

Signature:

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2018, 03:33:23 PM »
ok so at the end of the 5_0  menu the dip switch status showed 1110 0000 .

So I moved the #3 dip switch and it showed 1111 0000 and KABOOM its working lights are on and it is taking $1 dollar bills .tried a newer 5 and it spit it back out .

But when u put a buck in it drops quarters and I want it to do credits for bills .So I guess #4 switch is in play now ?

Whenever a DBV will take a $1 bill but not other bills that means the software inside the DBV is out of date. You can try other bills like a $20 and a $10 to see if they will work. On the DBV-145 you won't be able to update it. But on the DBV-200 you probably can get it updated and it will take the new $5 and all other new bills except for the new $100. When you can, post a photo of the bottom of your DBV-200 showing the eprom/memory chip it has.

Below is a portion of the SP804 document with mpu board dipswitch and menu step 8 information:

(click image to enlarge)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 04:00:42 PM by rokgpsman »

Offline jplynn711

• NLG
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2018, 08:32:45 AM »
So Im stuck on this adjustment ,Going thru menu I am getting two #8 pages .I know I am doing something wrong .

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2018, 09:00:39 AM »
press white button 3 times to get to 5  0 (leave or change to 5  0)  turn key 3 times to get to 8  0  set to 8  1 with spin button.  hit white button to save.
this should do it.

Offline jplynn711

• NLG
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2018, 09:11:53 AM »
Ok when i got there it is set on 8_2 and it wont let me change it with spin button .When I got to the 8 _2 it shut off the light to the spin button like it disabled it .

Do I need to move #4 switch ?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2018, 09:17:36 AM »
Make sure there are no credits on machine, sometimes it won't let you change things with credits on it.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2018, 09:21:35 AM »
Yes turn #4 off

Offline jplynn711

• NLG
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2018, 09:43:29 AM »
Ok Im in business now .Strange though I had to turn that #4 switch on yesterday to get the bill validator to work .after turning it off bill validator is still working .Hey what ever works right  :dancing_2:
now just need a few lights replaced .

Thanks Jim & Sixcardmark  for your help .  :hail:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 09:59:30 AM by jplynn711 »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal