New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: No diagrams for Bally 1096  (Read 11828 times)

Offline lltvdoug

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • lltvdoug New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: No diagrams for Bally 1096
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2018, 08:58:18 PM »
Doug,

Glad you are getting somewhere, where are you at now as far as play-ability of the machine ?
Dave

From power on:
1) coin accepted light is on.
2) deposit coin light is on.
3) upper glass 1st coin is on.
4) inside door coin deflector is pulled in.
That's it. dropping coins has no effect on anything.

Offline lltvdoug

• NLG
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2018, 09:08:59 PM »
Over to the right in the upper unit the’re 3 relay switches mounted a plywood.
One of those may be labeled odds reset relay.
It can be manually manipulated to reset the odds unit.
This may help narrow down the problem.
Try it first to see what happens, if nothing happens then clean the contacts.

From front to back they are labeled #1, #2, #3.
#1 advances step up. "2nd coin" lights. Hit it again & "3rd coin" lights. hitting it again just pulses but doesn't advance further.
#2 Resets it.
#3 releases coin deflector in door and stays until power off.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2018, 10:05:56 PM »
Try the reset switch, that one should reset the machine to one coin in.
The step up relay switch will keep try to step up the odds unit when manually operated.
But the big white ratchet gear has a flat spot preventing the gear from move any further.
Normally on the 3rd coin the coin lock out will prevent the coin from hitting the coin in switch.
Thus no more pulses to step up the odds unit.

Your making good progress and have proof most switches and coils are working.

Check the reset relay for continuity within the contacts with the machine off.
I use a cheap test light. The type that has a probe and a wire with a clip on the end.
Sometimes contacts look and or are closed but aren’t making continuity.
Always try testing by touching the solder joint or the side of the contact blade first when possible.
If you put your test probe on the flat surface near the contacts there is a possibility of a false positive reading.

Offline lltvdoug

• NLG
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2018, 08:11:55 PM »
Found a broken wire #97 @ Molex plug. Someone tried to solder it and melted a little of the plug. I removed the pin & repaired it the right way.
Now the problem has moved to the Handle Release Coil. If I manually operate this coil the game plays fine. I even got it to pay out!
I double checked those switches & they seem fine.
Where to next?

Offline lltvdoug

• NLG
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2018, 08:53:39 PM »
The Handle Release Coil is the green one in the photo.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2018, 09:21:40 PM »
That starts with the coin switch on he side of the reels.. The only way to confirm they are working is to use a meter to check the switches.. The switches can look to be closed, but they are not allowing the voltage through them. If those are all good then go back to the reels beau plugs.. When you flick your coin switch, the coil on the coin switch is energized closing the contacts. That then sends the voltage to the handle release.. Your getting close.. I would meter those coin contacts, they are the main cause of many problems..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2018, 09:56:01 PM »
When the coin drop switch goes down it trips the coin relay lower left on the reels.
It is when the switch returns the handle is released. You can manually trip the coin relay latch and check the closed contacts for continuity.
Do the same for the handle release switch stack, but with the switch in the latched position.
On the older 809’s it’s possible to reach in with a dowel rod and apply a little pressure to the switch.
If it unlatches it’s a sure thing the contacts need adjusting and or cleaning.
Not sure if this is possible on your machine. If you have access it consider giving it a try.

Next post
Attached is a schematic of an older 809 machine. It’s has the basic sequence of switches between the coin drop switch and the coin relay and handle release coil.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2018, 10:07:18 PM »
Attachment

Offline lltvdoug

• NLG
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2018, 02:05:11 PM »
Thanks for the diagram. I now understand whats supposed to happen.
The down stroke of the coin drop is tripping the coin relay, but the handle release is not.
I'm having trouble distinguishing which switches on the switch banks are:
1) A-1
2) C-1
3) Payout Relay SW Location?
4) Dashpot SW Location?
5) Coin Relay SW Location?
6) C-3
7) Handle Release SW #1 Location?

Is this the correct path to follow to the Handle Release Coil?
I'll post some photos of what I have. Thanks!

Offline lltvdoug

• NLG
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2018, 02:08:41 PM »
Coin Mech open & tripped.

Offline lltvdoug

• NLG
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2018, 02:11:10 PM »
Handle Mech open & tripped

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2018, 08:05:04 PM »
A,B,C and Coin Relay switches.

Offline lltvdoug

• NLG
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2018, 08:44:19 PM »
Thanks,Dave for the photo. Is the #1 switch next to the stack mounting bracket or next to the 2 screw heads? Also, how do I check that the Handle Release Coil itself is good or bad?

Thanks, Doug.
 BTW, the link for the manual worked fine. Definitely helpful.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2018, 09:05:18 PM »
I believe they read from left to right. The manual has some switches labeled A-1 A-2 etc.
The first few pages of the manual is very informative, lot of info on switches, coils, contacts and more.

Most likely there is a solid orange wire on the handle release coil. If you jump a solid yellow wire let’s say from the lights on the door. To the other solder join, possibly a white/blue wire it should activate the coil.

Does the coin relay react when the coin switch is depressed? You should hear ithe coin relay switch unlatch.
If it doesn’t the handle release switch will not release.

Did you try pressing down lightly on the handle release switch stack with a dowel rod?

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2018, 10:12:03 PM »
I have seen the handle release coil struggle to release because of old dry grease on the handle release plate where it latches in the open posisition. Carefully inspect and clean the latch point, then apply a very small amount of grease to the area. Same thing can happen on the coin switch release coil.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline lltvdoug

• NLG
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2018, 11:05:59 AM »
Cleaned and re-greased Coin & Handle Release Relay coil latch points. I jumped the yellow from the coin switch to the white/blue on the handle release coil. It did not activate it. The coin relay does react when the coin switch is depressed. I can see the switches move. Pressing the handle release switch stack with a dowel has no effect (if i'm doing it right)

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2018, 11:22:37 AM »
Cleaned and re-greased Coin & Handle Release Relay coil latch points. I jumped the yellow from the coin switch to the white/blue on the handle release coil. It did not activate it. The coin relay does react when the coin switch is depressed. I can see the switches move. Pressing the handle release switch stack with a dowel has no effect (if i'm doing it right)

If using the jumper wires on the handle release coil didn't activate it, then it sounds like it's bad. Do you have a meter to double check check the coil?  You could remove the handle release coil assembly. Remove the two 1/2" nuts holding it the the machine on the top of the handle, then unplug the molex connector. You can get a better look at the assembly for problems this way..
And remember...

Offline lltvdoug

• NLG
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2018, 07:15:06 PM »
Getting closer! Removed orange wire from Handle Release Coil to test. Coil is good. Traced orange wire to the plug, only 6 inches long but it was broken in 2 places. The shield was hollow inside. That's a new one on me!
Machine works now. (i'm so happy that I signed up for another month)
Next step is to test the payout. I read somewhere that you can set the reels to make it payout. How do I do that with the 1090? I've also got alot of bad bulbs. Where do I get them?

You guys Rock!
Thanks, Doug

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2018, 07:55:10 PM »
What bulbs do you need, #47, #63, florescent bulbs and starters?
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal