New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally E-Series test shows wrong software code  (Read 3175 times)

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Bally E-Series test shows wrong software code
« on: February 12, 2018, 09:18:45 PM »
The result I get is 63-388, it is 6 digits but the tapes do not match the payouts for one single plum on the third reel and only on line 1, lines 2 and 3 read fine in test 5.
So the software has been modified and a "-" was put in for the third number as a indication there was a mod to the software.
Does anyone know of software with the complete 63?388 number with the "?" being a actual number?
I am thinking that if I can find the original software the payouts will be correct.
The tapes do have sequential numbers on them so it doesn't look like a tape swap.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Re: Bally E-Series test shows wrong software code
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 09:31:16 PM »
Post a picture of your machine as a lot of the guy can match the pay glass better
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 10:25:03 PM »
See attached

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 05:30:28 PM »
If you post the model and serial number and the real strip numbers I will look in all of my research and see if I can find it it is a jumbo pile of mess it will take a few days to go through all of it

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 06:47:48 PM »
left reel tape number MGMV$3LPF-1 M-222-886  Middle reel tape number MGMV$3LPF-2 M-222-887  Right reel tape number MGMV$3LPF-3 M-222-888

That is all I have in front of me from my customer. He lives with the machine back east.

Offline ramegoom

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • ramegoom New User barely matters.ramegoom New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • Caspers Electronics, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 09:33:14 PM »
Here's a list of EPROMs that I have. If there is any that might work for you, I can send you the binary image if you can burn a chip.

Look at the P1 chips. The six digit part numbers don't match your chip, but one of them might work.

http://www.ramegoom.com/john/E2000/EPROMS.xlsx

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 09:55:47 PM »
Thanks, I'l check them out.

Offline Jackpot

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Jackpot New User barely matters.Jackpot New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • The Sugar Shack Antique coin operated machines
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 07:38:01 AM »
The result I get is 63-388, it is 6 digits but the tapes do not match the payouts for one single plum on the third reel and only on line 1, lines 2 and 3 read fine in test 5.
So the software has been modified and a "-" was put in for the third number as a indication there was a mod to the software.
Does anyone know of software with the complete 63?388 number with the "?" being a actual number?
I am thinking that if I can find the original software the payouts will be correct.
The tapes do have sequential numbers on them so it doesn't look like a tape swap.

We have a ROMS page on our web site, where you can search via reel strip numbers or program numbers to match reel strips to programs and programs to reel strips, its easy to use once you read the instructions and the best part: it's totally free to use! You will find it our my web site at: Http://www.coinslots.com
Dan almost went over the edge building this Roms service and he did a great job and very helpful for all of us.
Jackpot
Buy-Sale-Repair-Restore old slot machines. I have parts for older mechanical slots, and also Bally E series, and others of this period and newer. http://www.coinslots.com

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2018, 08:06:17 AM »
We have a ROMS page on our web site, where you can search via reel strip numbers or program numbers to match reel strips to programs and programs to reel strips, its easy to use once you read the instructions and the best part: it's totally free to use! You will find it our my web site at: http://www.coinslots.com
Dan almost went over the edge building this Roms service and he did a great job and very helpful for all of us.
Jackpot

I think the link to that rom database is

http://www.coinslots.com/roms.php
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline GOS

• Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 11:01:44 AM »
you need to know the payscale as well as the reel strip numbers for the correct game prom. I wrote game proms with that in mind - this was probably one of my creations - obviously i goofed on one symbol.  easy enough to fix with eprom software. 
Payscales for instance - you could have 200/200/500  for a 3 coin machine 100/200/300/400/1000 for a 5 coin - and variations of those payouts -  200/200/200/200/500 for example. 

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 02:27:30 PM »
If I had the bin I could probably hack the symbol back in.
My research showed those reel tape numbers but only on 5 reel slots.
Can't find a 3 reel version.

Offline GOS

• GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 05:43:11 PM »
i did make up games with strips as mentioned - 3 out of a 5 strip set.  do not have my notes here - back in florida - so i can't tell you what bin file i used. in any case you should be able to modify the one you have and adjust the cksum accordingly. 

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2018, 07:35:00 PM »
The OP would have to send me the chip.

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2018, 08:15:18 PM »
I might have it also if you can provide the program number?
Jackpot
Buy-Sale-Repair-Restore old slot machines. I have parts for older mechanical slots, and also Bally E series, and others of this period and newer. http://www.coinslots.com

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2018, 09:39:22 PM »
63-388 good luck.

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2018, 09:51:49 PM »
IGT lists the program number in the buffer, (hard to find in all that carp: excuse me: machine language) but I have found it in there. I wonder if you can find the whole number if you load it up and look in the buffer?
Jackpot
maybe, or maybe not  :banghead:

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2018, 12:17:39 PM »
63-388 good luck.
Sorry, I didn't have that program, all I coulp come up with is:
632688-635889-635890-635989-636268-639285 nothing with your last three digits.
I tried anyway....
Jackpot

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2018, 02:24:17 PM »
when i get back to the states in "APRIL" i can retrieve from my files on my programmer.  best i can do at this point

Offline crashzilla

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • crashzilla New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2018, 06:40:57 PM »
I believe this is my machine we are talking about here.  Any updates?
Does anyone need any more information?

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2018, 07:19:54 PM »
sorry i was back and forgot - will be back 5/16 again will try to remember

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal