New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: CEI Video poker Project questions  (Read 7778 times)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
CEI Video poker Project questions
« on: July 13, 2014, 12:43:00 PM »
 just picked up my first CEI Video Poker machine, and I have some questions.. I bought  this yesterday, figured it had a power supply problem.. Once I got it home I found it was missing 2 fuses on the back plan mother board. Once they were replaced I now have power to the fan and the florescent lights.. I noticed that the 5V and 12V LED lights are lite on the back plan, as well as a DC LED, but nothing else seems to be working?? There is no video output, nothing on the door seems to work. The 4 red buttons by the on/off switch do nothing.. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that it was a power supply, but it only has a transformer and it feels warm when left on for a while, and as I said earlier, the low voltage and DC LEDs are lite?? I'm don't see any place to check voltages? I could use a Manual...  :EmoticonHelp4:

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: CEI Video poker Project questions
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 07:13:42 PM »
So far I've been unable to find a pdf on the CEI video poker... BUT... I do have the manual! I'd been planning on copying it so others could have one but just the time factor has been a problem. I will eventually start working on making a copy, but in the meantime if you need schematics, let me know and I'll copy them. SolidSilver has a lot of knowledge on the CEI as well but I have not heard from him in months and have sent numerous PM's to him. Not sure what happened to him... :(
Have you tried all the usual things: check connections, cables, make sure the MPU is seated correctly, etc?
I'm not sure where to start on cap tracing... but maybe the power supply for the monitor. I have three ancient video games and so far, no cap failures ever. I know sometimes you can just look at the electrolytic caps and see if there's any leakage or other sign of failure.
I figured out my problem on "Status" slot machine by simply feeling the voltage regulators, with the heat syncs on them. I found a cold one, checked input/output voltage and found it was bad. Replaced it and my video returned.
I hope this helps a bit.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 09:58:45 PM »
Well I had the machine on for a while tonight. I checked the heat sinks on the back plan mother boards and they were all warm but one. I took the back plan board out and saw it to be a bridged rectifier. I do think it my problem, because it checks good with my meter. Rangers were all between the 400-600 and that normal. All the diodes read good. I do see 3 large filter cap that should be checked. I will turn my attention too the main CPU next. I do know the battery has 3.6+ volts, I checked it first thing. I don't get the sound of the doors coin deflector coil energizing of the one behind the coin mech for rejecting coins? All I get is the cabinet fan and my Florescent lights, plus the LEDs on the back plan light up?

Gary
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 04:16:59 AM by Amechanic »
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 10:14:22 AM »
Have you checked all the fuses? I'd pull them out and check them with a meter. At least this should rule out one possible cause of the problem with no power to the coin-in stuff.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 12:57:30 PM »
Have you checked all the fuses? I'd pull them out and check them with a meter. At least this should rule out one possible cause of the problem with no power to the coin-in stuff.
That's the first thing I checked.. The two fuses in the lower right corner of the back plan board were missing. Once I replaced them, I then have cabinet lights. The second one didn't help or blow?
And remember...

Offline doyson49

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • doyson49 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 05:16:54 PM »
did you try adjusting the pot between the connector on the game board it labled R33
it sets the the ac voltage that the game board will come out of reset
it prevents the game from starting up if the ac line voltage is too low
hope this helps
doyle

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 07:10:05 PM »
Doyle,  Thanks for the advice. It looks like it might have been turned at one time since the paint line mark doesn't line up (see pic)... Where would I be able to check the voltage and what should it be? I thinking it could be bad or a weak cap from keeping it from firing up.

Gary
And remember...

Offline doyson49

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • doyson49 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 04:52:56 PM »
the pot is adjusted to halt the game when the line voltage from the wall outlet drops below 95 volts ac
we had a adj transformer to adjust the line voltage to the game board
we did not won't the to play if the line voltage is  to low to
run the monitor or hopper you can adjust the pot one way and try it
if it didn't come up try the other way
doyle

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 07:18:02 PM »
Ok it's time for an up date.. I did some reading of old post on these CEI Video Poker machines.. I took out most of the IC Chips starting with the ram board and cleaned up the pins and sockets.. I them replaced the small 8 legged one in U37 in front of the R33 pot, see picture in post #6. The number on it is LM311P mine had a Texas Instruments symbol on it.. After doing this and reinstalled the board, I now have everything working, except for no video output.. I do have voltage to my two pin plug, that powers the Chassis... My machine will except coins, buttons light up, coin diverters working.. So I guess we can call this thread solved... Time to start a new thread on my monitor and chassis problem...

Thanks Gary
And remember...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2014, 08:13:39 PM »
Thanks for posting the update. Good to hear it's partly working at least. Hopefully the video issue won't be too difficult. I know it's a common monitor and, from what I have read before, fairly easy to replace if it comes to that.

STILL WONDER where SolidSilver is??? I always heard back from him. Sent three PM's to him since March and he's gone AWOL. I've was helping him out here with some information he wanted on my CEI poker machine. He always was very quick at replying but I haven't heard a thing. He knew a great deal of knowledge on CEI and other older video poker machines. Strange.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2014, 09:02:39 PM »
I did contact Dave (dormi) off the old NLG sight. He is still doing repairs to the CEI 904-906 CPU, and 910/911 mother boards. I picked up 7 old video poker machines on Saturday. One is CEI.. I want to pull its CRT and Chassis to see if its the same. Hopefully it is, I'll continue this one my new thread. Good luck find SolidSilver.. I hope he's well..

Thanks again Gary
And remember...

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2014, 11:43:03 PM »
I think he's the one who repaired my CEI mpu board... it's been a few years but mine works great.

Offline Robb

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Robb New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2015, 08:59:03 PM »
I have same machine and have created detailed drawings of the front dore equipment and the case equipment. dont have much on the the backplane and mother board.
email me and i wiil give you what i have. I will also try to post the drawings.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 09:26:57 PM by Robb »

Offline Justin

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Justin New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2018, 03:02:21 PM »
I have a manual for your machine if you would like it pm me and I can email it to you.

Thanks,
Justin

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal