New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Member's Pets  (Read 56583 times)

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: Member's Pets
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2015, 03:02:21 PM »
Jenny, our youngest, had total hip replacement on her right side yesterday. Resting comfortably at home today

Offline Tacman

• Genius in training
  • NLG Downloads, and FAQ Writer
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2015, 03:49:59 PM »
Cowboy, hope she recovers well and quickly. No "Cone of Shame"?

Dan (tacman)

Offline JOHN42355

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • JOHN42355 New User has no influence.
  • RudysDeals.com Inc.
    • rudysdeals.com Inc.
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2015, 06:14:20 PM »
Cowboy , I also hope the best for your pet! I know how a pet can be your best friend,As I lost mine, But he will alway's live on.. Hope Hope the best of Luck for you..... John

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2015, 06:22:54 PM »
Thanks you guys, she is doing really well so far, the recovery will depend on our vigilence to her physical therapy so all should be well.
We have the cone of shame, but she's been really good about not screwing around with her incision, we're keeping a close eye on her.
By the way, if anyone ever has the need, Colorado State University Veterinary Training Hospital does a fantastic job. They were doing open heart surgery yesterday when we were there and I guess it went well also

Offline UNIMAN

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 134
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2015, 07:35:46 PM »
Nice to see folks who love their pets.  :cool_thumb_up:

Michigan State has a great vet clinic too! Took a race horse and one of my dogs there few years back. Great people!

Offline Tacman

• Genius in training
  • NLG Downloads, and FAQ Writer
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.Tacman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2015, 07:55:58 PM »
Do you have to assist her getting up or walking up/down stairs with the towel trick?

Dan (tacman)

Offline brokenticker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • brokenticker New User barely matters.brokenticker New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2015, 07:58:44 PM »
Mine also just had back surgery , he had a herniated disc in his spine that left his back legs paralyzed,couldnt stand /walk , Thanks to UC DAVIS he was walking the next day,spent 5 days there , Hes doing great now, Hope the best for your dog cowboy , pete

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2015, 08:33:05 PM »
We have a sling we use to walk with her, but it's only to  catch her if she slips or loses her footing somehow. They want her to do it herself as much as possible albeit for no more than 5 minutes at a time for a couple weeks.

Pete, congratulations, hope your buddy continues to improve and all goes well

Offline KirkLasVegas

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • KirkLasVegas New User has no influence.
  • Yoda dog!
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2015, 08:52:26 PM »
"Dogs" are the best family!
I miss our "Mr. Grumbles" and Cassie (two Corgi's) a lot...but Yoda is here now and he steals the show :)

Offline KirkLasVegas

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • KirkLasVegas New User has no influence.
  • Yoda dog!
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2015, 08:55:33 PM »
A while ago I sent WMS an idea for a theme. I wanted to remember my Corgi Boy, so I sent in pictures for artwork for a new slot.....
WMS DID IT!!!
"Corgi Cash" was born.......

Offline UNIMAN

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 134
  • UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!UNIMAN Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2015, 04:57:11 PM »
That's so cool Kirk! I'll be looking for it.

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2015, 12:56:25 PM »
Meet Juno... My Wild Husky... actually she is mellow and sweet. I just put her in a short film I made to be released soon.
-------
Charles

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2015, 03:00:32 PM »
That's a good looking dog you have there :applause:

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2015, 10:32:51 AM »
Well as of 2:30 est I will be saying Goodbye to our dog Phoenix.. She been a family member for 12 years, sometime in the past few days she's had a stroke and can't hardly walk or drink, or eat.. So we have decided its time, no need for her to suffer. She will be missed. My house is quiet, I miss her talking to us in the mornings and when we would come home. I feel bad for my other dog Leia who's lossing her life long buddy of 8 years.

R.I.P  Phoenix. We love you, and will miss your smiling face..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2015, 10:39:49 AM »
:(

This is breaking my heart. I have a husky that's 7 and has hip dysplasia. It's only a matter of time that It will get quiet here too. Phoenix looks like a sweet dog :)

I mourn your loss as huskies/malamutes have a special place in my heart!
-------
Charles

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2015, 10:57:46 AM »
That is a really sweet looking dog, so sorry for your loss

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2015, 11:02:29 AM »

This is breaking my heart. I have a husky that's 7 and has hip dysplasia. It's only a matter of time that It will get quiet here too. Phoenix looks like a sweet dog :)

I mourn your loss as huskies/malamutes have a special place in my heart!

Have you looked into some of the alternatives to full hip replacement? Some are relatively inexpensive and can be done in the local vet clinic. If Jenny'd been 7 instead of almost 2 we might have gone with one of the other treatments
[/quote]

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2015, 11:09:54 AM »
We are waiting to get into a better vet. The one we went to was useless and I spent a ton of money there!  :duh:

My mom had to put her dog down and her vet wasn't taking new patients, so she just called this week and I will be going to get vet that is suppose to be really good. I have her on glucosamine in the meantime. She seems to better but still gets spasms. :(
-------
Charles

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2015, 12:20:39 PM »
It's done.. She's resting now.. Phoenix lived 12 years, and that at the top of her years for the breed.. We wil miss her.. Leia and myself are heading home.

Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2015, 12:23:01 PM »
Good luck, hope they can do something to help her out. In the mean time a little rymadil will help also, it's an anti-inflammatory and dogs absolutely love them

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal