New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Holy Deep Pocket Socket Batman! Ouch  (Read 8144 times)

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
Re: Holy Deep Pocket Socket Batman! Ouch
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2014, 06:04:33 AM »
Problem Solved, for the most part.  First a special thanks to Dave (Fatman) and Badbaud and all others who helped me through this issue.  I did not have the nerve or the knowledge to break out the old ohm meter as suggested by Badbaud.  I think that if I had known what terminals to switch the wires to on the old socket I would have given it an attempt.  Absent that I took the punk way out.

Dave I did contact Gordy.  Thank you so much for all of you efforts to get us connected.  Once we spoke I sent him the two pictures that I posted here.  Dave and Gordy are both wonderful and knowledgeable gentlemen to deal with.  To make a long story short he did not have the older/shorter socket.  I installed a longer newer sock, my picture #2 using the same terminal numbers.  With no room to work while the socket is hooked up to the game I extended the wires from terminals A,B,1,2,3 while on the bench.  For the hook up to the games I opted to use the always handy 3M Scotch locks.  There was lots of room to tuck in the extra wire under the control board. 

All went well.  The "Deal"  button now sits lowed on the deck than the other buttons because of the new socket.  I wanted it to all match up but since Deal is off to the side it does not look bad at all.

Thanks again everyone for your guidance.  Final result pictured.

Ra

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2014, 07:20:59 AM »
Ya ,those older buttons were a trip.

We used to make a small hook at the end of a straightened paper clip, slip it down between the button top and housing, turn it 90 degrees and tug up on the wire pulling the cap out of the housing. The lamp was wedged inside the cap.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2014, 07:49:17 AM »
Bad:

You tradition lives on!  Bill who is on this list and who sold me the Jokers Wild Poker told me about that trick also.   I have used it many times.  When I was younger I would rebuild GM tramsmissions.  The book says that you need all of these specialzed tools. I was 18 years old and could not afford them.  A home made scribe with a small hook on the other end proved priceless. 

These is more than one way to skin a cat if skinning cats are what you are in to.

Ra

Offline 72polara

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • 72polara New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2014, 09:18:01 PM »
Ra,

Glad you got it working!!! Looks fine off to the side like it is.

Josh

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2014, 03:49:10 AM »
Josh:

Thank you for the support.  I feel the same way about the location of the button.  If it were in between two higher sitting buttons it would look terrible.  Off to the side like it is only a NLG member would be the wiser. :-)  I will however keep a passive eye out for the correct socket.  Not anxious to do that soldering again but if I find the right socket I will.  For now I am just going to double down, pun intended, and enjoy the game. 

Thank everyone for their help and guidance.

Ra

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal