New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Jennings 400 replacement logic boards  (Read 9989 times)

Offline Op-Bell

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: Jennings 400 replacement logic boards
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2018, 03:08:41 PM »
I've had a run of 25 PCBs made, they arrived today, and now they need to be stuffed and soldered. This takes a while as I have to do it by hand. So everyone who contacted me, I'll email you when I've got yours ready, and the store is open now if anyone else needs one.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2018, 03:19:39 PM »
Great new to know.  :cool_thumb_up:
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2018, 05:20:18 PM »
Wonderful, thank you for taking the time to get them made up.

Okay, do you have a price and will you be able to test the boards before you ship them?

As I have an old 75 Jennings machine and the board has be rework and in real bad shape.
The machine tries to work but won't make a complete cycle.

Thank you
Dave

Offline Op-Bell

• Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2018, 05:39:28 PM »
I'll do them for $100 for now but reserve the right to increase the price in future, since making them by hand is very time consuming. I paid someone else to build the previous batch, but he's not available any more. I do test them, yes. I have a standard Jennings 400 that I keep around for that very purpose.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2018, 11:17:59 AM »
Hello Op - Bell. Any updates on the new boards? Thank You Tim

Offline Op-Bell

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2018, 12:03:08 PM »
I apologize for the delay, but I was too busy to work on them until recently. I should have six finished at the weekend.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2018, 03:25:51 PM »
Would it be possible to post a picture of the finished product?
Also, what would be your preferred means of payment?

Offline Op-Bell

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2018, 04:12:38 PM »
Of course. For payment, I prefer Paypal. The picture bears a curious resemblance to the one at the beginning of this thread.

Would it be possible to post a picture of the finished product?
Also, what would be your preferred means of payment?

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2018, 04:33:28 PM »
Thank you
PayPal works for me.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2018, 06:21:37 PM »
Pete, Very Nice! Thank You!

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2018, 07:13:38 PM »
That's a lot of soldering to do!! YIKES..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2018, 05:13:06 PM »
Hello. Would 2 of these boards that will be ready soon,  be for the 5 line machine  ? Thank You Tim

Offline Op-Bell

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2018, 02:06:03 PM »
K. I have boards ready for three people - a 3 line and a 5 line star jackpot for DM, what looks like a 3 line 1-2-3 bar for DL, and two 5 line 1-2-3 bar for TK.

If I missed anyone, drop me an email to petehand at gmail.com

Offline Op-Bell

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2018, 03:00:02 PM »
I built up a few extra, so the next person who wanders into this thread looking for one is in luck.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2018, 08:14:26 AM »
Got my boards and installed. Machines work Great!  Thanks to Pete and NLG !!!

Offline Rpowell18

• Reputation Power: 21
  • Rpowell18 New User barely matters.Rpowell18 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2018, 06:20:03 PM »
i have a question about my j400 logic board and my battery come out without an issue..the board looks like it just needs a good cleaning..any thought on this..the contacts on the bottom of the board has some a green residue on it ..the battery is in good shape..i wanted to check with people who might know...it was a little tough to get the board out ant there is some green residue on the plugs in the backside...if i need another board  where can i get one...thanks

Offline Op-Bell

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2018, 07:11:18 PM »
Your board may be recoverable, although it looks as if some of the edge fingers have been repaired before - the bottom four pads in the top picture look as if someone's been at them with a soldering iron. Those are ground pins. If they can be cleaned up and maybe a piece of copper tape applied to restore them, and none of the other tracks are corroded you may be in luck. The battery is trash - those nicads are only good for ten years and it's more than 40. You can try replacing them with a 3 cell cordless phone battery, but make sure it's a NiCd and not a NiMH. The charging circuit on the board will kill a NiMH in a few weeks.

I think I may be the only source of replacement boards now. There is, or was, someone else offering refurbished original boards but I don't know if he's still in business. I have several of the old boards, and my complete lack of success getting any of the damn things to work inspired me to design a new one.

Offline Rpowell18

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2018, 05:15:34 AM »
thank you ..thats is very good news..i got this for my collection for 200..00 and was it will be a display only ,but now there is hope..off to find a battery..thanks again

Offline Op-Bell

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2018, 10:57:11 AM »
Actually, reviewing the pictures again, that looks like a 4 cell battery. You should be able to count the cells from the bulges in the plastic. Get something with the same number of cells. But wait - the board doesn't need the battery to run the game, only to remember its state. Before you waste your time and money on a battery, make sure the board works.

Offline Rpowell18

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2018, 04:15:26 AM »
Good point..I will thanks

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal