New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Elite V32 Blank Screen  (Read 7373 times)

Offline white2262

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • white2262 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally Elite V32 Blank Screen
« on: February 01, 2016, 10:17:39 AM »
It is a TATUNG And these are ALL the #'s on back:TATUNG 43/2010206267 Rev. DL32LD50M2W53B02[/size]To be honest if it's the game or the monitor, I don't know? When I power up the game, I first hear the bill (Cash box) setup, then it goes thru the reels spinning (I assume for calibration?) then the digital displays show ALL zero's in the "paylines", line bet", "credits" windows, then stops, with the reel lights flashing, but NO panel buttons lit.... the TOP tower lights flash on & off, the white light flashes about once per second and the blue light below flashes slightly faster, approx. twice per second. At NO TIME does ANYTHING show on the monitor, no text, no setup diagnostics, NOTHING....

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Bally Elite V32 Blank Screen
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 01:12:54 PM »

Ok, here's the text above in "readable size"

It is a TATUNG And these are ALL the #'s on back:TATUNG 43/2010206267 Rev. DL32LD50M2W53B02 To be honest if it's the game or the monitor, I don't know? When I power up the game, I first hear the bill (Cash box) setup, then it goes thru the reels spinning (I assume for calibration?) then the digital displays show ALL zero's in the "paylines", line bet", "credits" windows, then stops, with the reel lights flashing, but NO panel buttons lit.... the TOP tower lights flash on & off, the white light flashes about once per second and the blue light below flashes slightly faster, approx. twice per second. At NO TIME does ANYTHING show on the monitor, no text, no setup diagnostics, NOTHING....

How do you have digital displays for paylines, line beet and credits, if you have a V32???  Can you post a picture of your game?  Most V32's I know are transmissive games with no displays or strictly a Video slot.

As a quick diagnostic, you could plug a laptop to the slot monitor and see if anything lights up.  Also when you power up the cabinet, open the door and look to see if a power led on the monitor is lighting up.  Also check the power cable into the monitor is not loose.

If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline white2262

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 02:11:42 PM »
Here are a few pix of my machine. I believe it is a Bally S9000, may not be a V32, that is the monitor size 32"
I am a complete newbie.... Sorry

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 03:26:58 PM »
It's an alpha S9000 Elite with digital tower.  You can just connect a regular widescreen computer monitor to the vga output of your mpu box to see what is going on.  There's obviously some kind of error being displayed which you can't see because you don't a monitor to view it.

Does the top box "swing open?"  You may want to check and see if nothing is loose, especifically the power cable to the monitor.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline white2262

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 04:46:53 PM »
Yes it does swing open and I have checked all the connections. There are like four power units or boards mounted to the back
of the monitor. The one main unit, at the bottom, has been re-capped, because it DID have some caps blown, but it did not fix
the issue. That's the ONLY thing the owner/tech has done. He was here back in June & saw blown caps & took it back to Arizona,
re-capped it? sent it back to me by mail & I installed it. NO HELP.

Offline white2262

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 04:51:59 PM »
I wish he would have taken the entire monitor with him at the same time,
but he coulldn't figure out how to remove it. I believe it's only 3 screws.
it has them marked on the back with yellow labels WITH arrows. Kind of
SCARY he didn't know how???

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 05:56:07 PM »
Do you have any lights on your monitor? Green or Amber or Red?

Did you hook up a PC monitor to make sure you have a signal coming from the MPU?

I'm also confused on what caps were replaced.. I assume on the monitor?
-------
Charles

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 07:50:20 PM »
It Has more than 3-screws.  You have been on here before with this and other.  As stated -Just take your vid. output cable and hook it up to something-that is powered.  You have a bad vid. output on machine (brain box) or monitor issues.  I have only fixed about fifty or so of these type monitors. This is why you have it because you probably payed little to nothing for it?. -Top monitor -lcd, touch screen,invertor,pwr supply, vid./scaler board etc. 

Offline white2262

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 07:58:15 PM »
$2,800.00 is MORE than a little of NOTHING.... PLUS Delivery and Set-up of $200.00. it is a 2010 machine.
Yes I have been on here before and have been trying for 7 months to get warranty repair/assistance from the
company in Arizona I got it from... The Monitor comes out with 3 screws... TRUST ME! I did hook up my laptop
to the video output cable and get nothing on screen.

Offline coolwavepic

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.coolwavepic Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 08:00:58 PM »
 I am in Arizona and what company did this to you? Also did you verify that you have any lights coming on the monitor
-------
Charles

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 08:05:11 PM »
This helps and verify- green or red on back of monitor.  As this looks kike a output issue from your Brain box/cpu/processor.  Possibly video card on box depending on what you have. You would still get red if the output was bad in most cases. When it comes on with door open it would be green then prob. go red after a bit.

Offline white2262

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 08:24:56 PM »
No "coolwavepic" Charles, I DO NOT have ANY lights on the monitor.
The caps that were replaced, are in the lower box (power supply) that
is mounted on the lower back portion of the monitor, when you swing
it open, to look at the back, it is the box at the very bottom. I get nothing
when I hook up my laptop monitor to the vga output.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 08:35:19 PM »
Take a picture of your cpu (front).  and the little Led's I speak of are on the back of the video board on the back of the monitor visable thru a metal rectangular cut out. Plug your other source Directly into the cpu as the cable leading from it to the monitor is spliced at a junction on left side.

Offline white2262

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016, 09:06:55 PM »
Here are pics of the CPU front and Backside of monitor. NO LIGHTS lit on Back of monitor. ALL green lights are lit on CPU.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2016, 09:40:53 PM »
Looks like a 1-gig box with dual vid. card.  The dual vid. card May be your culprit as you said you plugged directly into it and got nothing as far as vga/vid. Tucking in for the night as it is later here but looks like a easy fix.  You should still -with door open and led's visable be able to see a light on -on power up on the back of monitor. You cand take one out and set on floor without anything hooked to it and it would does this. Look at your equipment closer. 

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2016, 09:57:04 PM »
hook up a PC vga monitor to your mpu, where the black video cable is connected and see if you get an image on your vga display.  Let the machine boot up and see if it throws an error that can help us figure out why your machine won't play.  It is possible since it doesn't see a monitor, it is tilting with a monitor not present error.  Hooking up a pc vga monitor would verify that, if that is the case.

Offline white2262

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2016, 10:58:51 AM »
OK, Thanks. I will try that today.

Offline white2262

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2016, 04:51:36 PM »
Ok, I picked up a VGA cable today & hooked it up with a 27" monitor, directly to the MPU VGA output.
NOTHING on the monitor, no text, no please wait, etc.... I also DID check the back side of the actual
machine monitor, while booting and did not get ANY LED, red or green on the video board/card. The
machine boots to a point, then after it shows; credits, line bet, etc. it stops with the reel lights flashing
and NO Panel Button lights. Also the tower candle lights flash...WHITE (top light) flashes approx. once
per [/size]second and the BLUE (bottom light) flashes approx. twice per second. ALSO, ALL three green LED's above the power switches are lit and the ATX power LED is lit.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2016, 05:25:26 PM »
White, I have read all your posts.  Do this.  Pwr off, rear of monitor led's visable-pwr on and look for a green or red led then it will go out- on initial pwr up.  If you used just any lcd monitor to use as a output (vga type) and got nothing then you have a bad video card. Let us know.  Make sure your os card is in top slot and and game cf in bottom.  You may have messed with them-?. 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 05:46:22 PM by 777sizzler »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2016, 05:46:21 PM »
Look at the caps on the video card.  I've fixed at least 8 of them by re-capping.  It is very obvious if the caps are bad on these.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal