New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Video Poker Identification  (Read 4809 times)

Offline MMER1116

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • MMER1116 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT Video Poker Identification
« on: March 02, 2016, 08:39:39 PM »
I am trying to identify an IGT Video Poker game model B1031C, manufactured 3/92.  Sn 268553

What is the IGT Series, Fortune II, PE, PE+??

I am looking for a replacement door OPTO and the small PC board mounted on the side of the coin hopper.  I apologize, in advance, if I have posted this question in the wrong place.  Just an old guy looking for help.

Mike
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 08:35:09 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Re: IGT Video Poker Identification
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 08:57:24 PM »
We'd hate to guess on this, post a picture of the machine with the door open.

Offline MMER1116

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 04:50:19 PM »
Finally got the Igt video pictures sent to me.  Attached.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 06:16:53 PM »
I brightened your photos to show details a little better. The player button deck resembles a PE and PE+. But the lower cabinet doesn't look like a PE+ to me, they almost always have a built-in bill validator (except for the very early ones) but I could be mistaken. So I'd guess it is a PE but we'll see what others have to say.

Can you post a photo showing the complete front of the machine (door closed) including the area above the screen?

The coin hopper board might be repairable, are interested in doing that or replacing it?

You can obtain door optics from a number of sources, including ebay. Here is a partial list of popular places, these links are for IGT S+ and S2000 optics but they should help you with your machine. Often these places will have or can get the part you need but it may not be listed on their website so you just contact them to check on it. But I'd wait until your machine is positively identified before ordering parts.

IGT S+ door optics:

http://www.centralvalleyslots.com/ss2000--door-op2000.html

http://www.ohiogaming.com/dooropticsslotmachine.htm

http://www.spininc.com/02888-0

http://www.spininc.com/02889-0

http://rudysdeals.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1589&search=optics
(currently out of stock, contact to see if they have any)

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=profile;u=39
(contact Jim for the parts you need)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 06:42:17 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline MMER1116

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 06:42:05 PM »
Thanks for everyone's help.  I got a response finally from Slot Machine USA (the original seller).   About 15 minutes ago they emailed me that it is an IGT PR+ Poker Game.  They also added they have no parts for this model.  I have never heard of PR+.  Is this a common game?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 06:43:27 PM »
That might be a typo on their part, the "R" key is right next to the "E" key on a keyboard, they probably meant to type "PE+" in the email to you.

People sometimes make a mitsake when typing an email quickly and don't proofread before hitting send.   :garfield:

If it is a PE+ it is a fairly common machine and parts are almost always available for it. Is the hopper board missing? Did you buy it in non-working condition from someone that had previously bought it from Slot Machines USA?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline MMER1116

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 06:55:43 PM »
I thought the same thing and have already sent an email back to SlotMachineUSA asking if it is a typo.  I will try to get the owner to send a complete picture, he is about two hours north of  me and hard to get a hold of. I believe the problem is a cold solder joint on the hopper circuit board. I was there at Christmas and it wasn't working. It kept showing one of the counters high with no coins moving.  I was able to move the connector around on the board and make the CPU change from low to high.  I did clean the pins and get it to work.  I knew it wouldn't last long, turned out about 4 weeks.  I was planning on re-soldering the pins, when I go back in a couple weeks.  I wanted to bring a replacement board with me if I could find one, just in case. 

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2016, 07:51:54 PM »
You should be able to find the hopper board or practically any other part, just check with those folks listed earlier or ask here about anything.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 01:24:46 PM »
you have a PE+ machine, usually the PE machines had the board in the back and it was connected by a harness.  This machine uses the same hopper as a S+ machine usually with a smaller bowl.  same six pin configuration on the back of the hopper,  there are no boards on this hopper,  only a set of optics.  I could be wrong about this, but I have never seen a board on any PE machine I have ever worked on.of the six pins on the hopper :  the optics usually have three wires, one of which is a ground, the other two go to the plug, the other two are the 115 vac hot and neutral, and a coin probe wire.

the door optics are the same as on a S+  or S-2000 machine. 

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline MMER1116

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 02:55:55 PM »
Thanks Jim. 

When I looked at it at Christmas, as I recall, there was a small PC board on the left side of the hopper (standing in front of the machine looking into it).  There was a flat molex style connector probably 5 or six pins (from memory).  The part number on the board was 753060.   The game had a coin out fault.  When I went to the diagnostic screen it showed the input high as I remember.  As I reached in and moved the molex connector the input went high-low-high-low.  I did clean the contact and it worked OK.  I do a lot of work on pinballs and usually start problems like this by reflowing the pins assuming cold solder joints.  The VP and pinballs are at my Uncle's house, two hours away.  Every Christmas I clean and polish his games and did not have a soldering iron with me.  I wanted him to take a picture of the hopper assembly and send them to me.  He tried to pull out the hopper and tells me it's stuck.  As far as I can remember there is no lock, correct?   It just slides out.   If he cannot remove it and send pictures, I will be up there for a funeral memorial  the first weekend in April.

Once again thanks to everyone who has responded.

Mike

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 06:44:08 AM »
no locks, should just slide out.  have had some that are very stubborn,  may have to put foot on bottom of machine and wiggle and pull,  sometimes a screwdriver placed on the metal bracket and a slight pressure will loosen it.  when you get it out, spray the contacts lightly  with WD-40  then insert and pull out several times, this should make it easier each time you do it.

curious to see what type of board is on the hopper,  learn something new every day.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline MMER1116

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2016, 07:24:43 AM »
Jim,

Thank you again.  I forwarded your note to my uncle, hoping he can slide out the hopper and send me pictures before I get there.  If he is successful, I will post what we have.

Mike

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal