New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally GameMaker stuck in Demo Mode  (Read 26121 times)

Offline East2west

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • East2west New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally GameMaker stuck in Demo Mode
« on: March 23, 2016, 12:46:06 PM »
Hey just got this machine it's from 92 buddy didn't know if it worked or not. Got it opened and on I have determined the battery is bad as well but machine fires up just fine but stuck in demo mode as well as it won't  accept any bills nor will the light turn on for the bill but will cycle them out if you get one in haha. Just wondering where to start,thanks for any help
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 02:48:41 PM by East2west »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Bally GameMaker stuck in Demo Mode
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 03:24:50 PM »
Just a guess, but the bills cycling in and then out could be because the bill validator software is too old, doesn't work with the current bill designs the US uses now. Did you try a $1 bill, it should work if the bill validator is ok. Also, if it is in a "demo" mode the machine may not accept any money, coin or paper. Did you try coins?

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 04:48:58 PM »
You need to do a clear on the machine and assign it a terminal ID as well as the rest of the settings.
Maybe someone else can chime in and put the instructions up? I'm on an iPad mini and its difficult to type!
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline ricker

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • ricker New User has no influence.
  • NLG

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 09:04:41 AM »
That's one I was reading, from you - thanks Richard!
(this is what I get for selling ALL my Game Makers - I forgot everything)

If I am remembering this correctly -
Power up your machine, then open the door and turn the reset key. The screen should go into the service mode. Select CONFIGURATION and then look down to where you find HOST configuration where you enter the VGD address and SERIAL number. Just enter all 1's. Make sure to SAVE those settings, the exit or just close the door.
Report back and give us the good news!
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 11:14:23 AM »
What else does the machine do to indicate it is in Demo mode? And I'm guessing you have rep,aced the battery, correct?
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 11:24:49 AM »
Shortrackskater is correct. You have to set the terminal id. The instructions I have from way back are

open the door, turn machine on, turn the reset key, menu will come up, go to terminal id, I push #1 I believe 9x until the red save box comes up, press yes and you should be good. Good Luck!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 01:23:16 PM by erbs »

Offline East2west

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 12:03:47 PM »
Hey guys,
Thanks for all the help and tips!! Just replaced the battery today... I don't have the audit or attendant key however I did order one and will come with my clear chip. I tried just bypassing the switch but it didn't leave that same screen. The screen says demo mode in the bottom and can't exit out of the screen. Even found a few different games to try replacing what's on there now. Hopefully when these come in I can access that screen, thanks again!!

Offline East2west

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 12:07:10 PM »
Also the lights on the coin/bill receiver is not on either I wonder is this due to the Demo Mode? I wish I could say what it did in the past but I just got this machine early this week

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2016, 01:15:38 PM »
Bill Validator will not be lit in Demo mode...
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2016, 01:42:10 PM »
Bill Validator will not be lit in Demo mode...

Roz can't he just jumper the wires on the key switch (power off first!) ? I don't have a GM anymore so I can't look to see.
Maybe it's better to wait for the key?  :yes:

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2016, 03:19:27 PM »
What he can do if he doesn't have a key available is with the machine off remove the 2 wires from switch and remove the switch then bring the 2 wires thru the hole to the out side of the cabinet. Keep the wires from touching until its time to make contact. Touching the 2 wires together does the same as turning the key. 

Offline East2west

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2016, 03:35:41 PM »
There is more then one wire there is 2 under one crimp I just ran the wires to a on/off switch tried just switching on and off to mimic the switch and still will not leave this screen I got the printer problem solved just put paper in it hah

Offline ricker

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2016, 07:04:14 PM »
Hey everyone.

None of us are too observant.  All of his game eproms are labeled "DEMO"  I don't think it matters if there is a terminal ID.  But guess what Gamemaker fans.  I bet none of us have seen the games "PULL TAB" & "KITCHEN SINK". Labels on mains are useless and can't see graphic chips. Extra wires on mpu are scarey.

Purely speculation on my part. I think machine was for salesman or at sales office. Pics of inside would help maybe. When ya get the key we will be able to access eprom smi #'s and main and graphic versions.  The wires on board at mains are uncommon.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2016, 07:08:00 PM »
Wow- glad you took a second look at the mpu photo. Demo indeed.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline East2west

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2016, 07:09:03 PM »
That's what I thought as well been looking at replacing the MPU and also game

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2016, 10:38:45 PM »
Good catch ricker!!! I didn't bother to click on the picture of the MPU thinking I "knew" the answer!  :duh:
But, on the other hand, I've never seen demo e proms before.
I tried to give you 100 karma points but it only lets me give 1! You deserve 100. :)

Offline ricker

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2016, 07:49:57 AM »
Ok.  Noticed something else. Has anyone seen a gamemaker with ticket printer that dispenses ticket in coin tray. Pics of inside with door open would be nice. There are no bet deck buttons, what the ?

Richard

Offline East2west

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2016, 08:04:32 AM »
Here's some more pics

Offline East2west

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2016, 08:09:20 AM »
And some more, thanks for the help guys hope I didn't dump money into something I can't convert at least also check the last phone with total ins and outs and pays could that be a good sign it worked at least one point in time? Again many thanks

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal