New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Why Can't People Be Trusted  (Read 2525 times)

Offline 89chevyman

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • 89chevyman New User barely matters.89chevyman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Why Can't People Be Trusted
« on: April 10, 2016, 12:34:37 AM »
  Okay, I'm just a little upset, correction, VERY upset at a vendor that I have dealt with for years. Consider him a friend. I put some cash down on a machine he had and agreed to make payment until I could pick it up. Now mind you, I've done this quite a few times and there has never been a problem between us. Pay it off and pick it up. Except this time, paid it off and, well, you guessed it, it was supposedly inadvertently sold with a bunch of other machines. Now, supposedly said machine was sold in error by his new "person/guy". This really irritated me, more importantly it hurt me.  I had specifically picked this machine because it was complete with the matching topper with the game and button set up I wanted. I went so far as to purchase upgrades in anticipation of doing a conversion. I guess I should have gotten a clue something was up when I had called several times and never got a callback. Now, in his defense, he has offered another similar machine, but there is more work and cost involved to get it where the original one I had purchased, condition wise, was. Plus it has a different game/glass that I'm really not happy about. It has a topper, but not the right insert or no insert, I'm not sure, we didn't really discuss it. I was pretty pissed at that point. I informed him I'd have to check to see what all was going to be needed to make it like the other one was. Now, I'm not saying it was sold for more than what I was paying, but a deal is a deal and you don't sell it out from somebody that you've known for years, it's just not right. It really hurt. I trusted him to hold on to it for me. Whats with people these days? I guess the almighty buck is worth more than your word or integrity.
  Another vendor I had dealings with, bargained with me, to save face, with promises of finding something I was looking for, but yet couldn't produce. Just wanted me to do something with the promise of coming through, that trust is now broken. No apologies, nothing came through as promised, yet I held up my end of the deal.
  I'm beginning not to trust people anymore. Blasting them on this site would only lead to hard feelings and solves nothing. All I'm saying is, that if you are going to have dealings with somebody, keep your end of the deal. If you say you're shipping something, ship it. If you have a set back, contact the person, no big deal, we are all busy these days. If you are tired of looking at something you're holding for somebody, call and ask they pick it up. Just don't stay silent and hope the person goes away, it don't work like that.
  Thanks, just had to get that out before I explode.

Chris

Offline RubySlipperLover

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • RubySlipperLover New User has no influence.
  • There’s no place like home
Re: Why Can't People Be Trusted
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 02:53:01 PM »
your the better person for not mentioning names, sometimes things like this seem to happen in our hobby.It sucks too:( I recently got in an argument with someone who seemed happy that I had bought a fake game. Unfortunately money seems to be every business owners motivation. but and i thought and added this later, you can’t let 1, or 2 experiences be the deciding factor on every vendor. My point is were psychologically built to remember bad over good. If you went to a dentist for 20 years and he did excellent work...but...on the 21st year he took out the wrong tooth, most would tell everyone he was a terrible dentist, and a very big majority of them would probably try to sue. Just remember everyone makes mistakes. He may have done it unintentionaly.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 06:32:11 PM by RubySlipperLover »

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 05:38:43 PM »
..... Pay it off and pick it up. Except this time, paid it off and, well, you guessed it, it was supposedly inadvertently sold with a bunch of other machines. Now, supposedly said machine was sold in error by his new "person/guy". This really irritated me, more importantly it hurt me..... 

That machine should have had a tag or sign stuck to it saying "SOLD" with your name on it as soon as you said you'd buy it and you made payments for it. They dropped the ball. If the people that bought it as part of a group buy didn't particularly care he could sub the similar machine he has and get the one you wanted back and fix this situation. Shipping is a bitch but if the seller made the mistake then good business practice would be to try to make it right. It probably was a goof-up mistake, I doubt that he was worried that you had changed your mind about buying it since you had already made partial payment.  just my opinion....
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 08:24:59 PM »
your the better person for not mentioning names, sometimes things like this seem to happen in our hobby.It sucks too:( I recently got in an argument with someone who seemed happy that I had bought a fake game. Unfortunately money seems to be every business owners motivation. but and i thought and added this later, you can’t let 1, or 2 experiences be the deciding factor on every vendor. My point is were psychologically built to remember bad over good. If you went to a dentist for 20 years and he did excellent work...but...on the 21st year he took out the wrong tooth, most would tell everyone he was a terrible dentist, and a very big majority of them would probably try to sue. Just remember everyone makes mistakes. He may have done it unintentionaly.

Why revive an almost two year thread?  Just start a new one if you have something to vent about.

Offline RubySlipperLover

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 17
  • RubySlipperLover New User has no influence.
  • There’s no place like home
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 12:47:08 AM »
So sorry, didnt even see the date on this one... My bad.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal