New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 955 Low Boy Major Short  (Read 13827 times)

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
Re: 955 Low Boy Major Short
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2017, 07:33:38 PM »
Be careful, 10 wire is 120V going to one side of transformer primary. The 10-1 wire however is a 6v bell wire...!!!
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2017, 07:35:29 PM »
That picture of the fuses, is that current? The red wire looks to not be soldered, but burnt like it's been hot.. The 4th fuse holder looks like it only has one wire connected, The black wire...
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2017, 07:53:37 PM »
I reposted Pauls photo of the fuses in the machine that has the short.
When I first saw it, I could see nothing looked right.
He is waiting for a photo with the correct wire set up. ID tag #955

This is what I sent him, see photo. Typical wiring black to white/blue, oranges and blues together with the white going to red. Which is the neutral for the service outlet and fluorescent lamps

Offline capt7310

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • capt7310 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2017, 03:19:36 AM »
Gary,

In my pic IMG 3043 that's the wire setup from my fuse block. The red wire is connected to all the black wires and comes off the fuse block which is connected to the white wire with the blue tracer pic IMG 3048 the black you see on the wires I used electrical liquid tape thinking it would help nothing got hot.

Jon is going to send me another pic of his 955 fuse setup. But in the meantime I'm going to remove that add on aftermarket switch and rewire and see what's happens..

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2017, 04:57:00 AM »

Any thoughts as to why I have a 4 fuse holder and everyone else has a 3 fuse holder. I'm going to eliminate the last one the lone black wire and hook up to the white with the blue tracer and see what happens...........

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2017, 09:08:27 AM »
Paul,

This fuse holder in the first photo is from a newer machine 1979.
It has a fuse for the white wire. Its possible that someone added a later type holder to your machine or it came that way.
The extra fuse in this case is added protection, as if anything went wrong with the wiring the machine was completely covered.

I would wire the machine as in the second photo.

The white wire usually connects to a solid red wire which leads to the transformer and one side of the utility outlet.

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2017, 01:52:30 PM »

Dave,,
When looking at the fuse holder and going left to right the 3rd fuse is going to have the solid white off the molex connector and the white with the blue tracer and the black from the outlet cord
The 4th fuse is going to have the red  and black off the molex connector and the white from the outlet cord.
Is that correct in what I'm seeing and going to do.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2017, 05:45:49 PM »
Paul,

Just got back from lunch in downtown Los Angeles.

First leave the blues and oranges where they are.
Disconnect all the wires from the two left fuse holders. Then disconnect the power B&W power cord leads wherever they go.
Now the loose red wire needs to be traced, it should go to one side of the utility outlet in the machine and a terminal on the transformer.
This will determine if it is the 110 ac neutral wire. If so, connect it directly to the 110 ac white wire.
Also check white wire that was also connected to the fuse with the red. They both may be connected to the neutral
Most the time its the red wire that goes to the 110 ac primary white neutral.

When this is sorted out.

Connect the 110 primary cord black wire directly to the last fuse holder.
On the other side of that same fuse holder connect the White/blue tracer.

Now the White 110 primary cord wire is connected directly to the wire that was was determined to be the neutral in the machine.
Most likely the Red wire that was removed from the fuse holder, but could be the white as we don't know what modification where done in the past.
Check the fuses, stand back and plug the machine in. In theory if the machine is wired as it came from Bally, it should light up and play.
Minus any short that still may exist or incorrect wiring after the fuses.

Try the above and hopefully it will work or lead you to the next unsolved mystery.

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2017, 03:27:39 AM »
Dave,

Will start on it today and try some more. I'll keep my fingers crossed and maybe this will be it.

PS hope lunch was good....Maybe because of my profession I don't like having a DHL van in front of the building I'm eating in C:-)

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2017, 05:26:31 AM »
That and any back packs just laying around. It was a good experience in the city, nice to visit once in awhile.
But needed to be in full alert mode.

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2017, 01:03:00 PM »
Back from vacation....Ok I know everyone is excited to see the saga continue ready for this... Switched up the wires on the fuse block as per the 2JPG photo and when the orange wires off the fuse block use to blow the fuse, now the fuse 3rd from the left fuse blows which is the white/blue and black.

I rewired as per the 4JPG photo and still the 3rd fuse blows.

I removed the on/off toggle don't know if that had any effect... I unplugged the molex connector at the timer and the entire machine shut down when I plugged it back in I accidently touched the brass connector and got a little jolt.

The fuse blows with a bright spark and the glass is black so it's a hot spark.
I unplugged the one molex connector that I thought was given me the problem that went to the orange wires off the fuse and when I plugged it back in it didn't pop. Now it's the white/blue and black.

I replaced the outlet plug at the wire.... is it possible that the wire itself could be bad that there maybe a break in the wire and it's inside the casing..

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2017, 02:10:21 PM »
Great that you got away for awhile!

This machine would be wonderful to work!

There is a possibility the cord in faulty.
Chech each color against the other.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2017, 03:59:55 AM »
How is this machine coming Paul

Offline capt7310

• NLG
« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2017, 04:50:14 AM »
Hey Jon nice to hear from you.. I gave the machine to a guy in the dept that fixes radio's he said he was up for the challenge.
He has had it for a week and I haven't heard from him. But my last try with Dave I changed around the wires on the fuse block and got rid of the on-off switch , and the white /blue trace fuse popped not the orange.
When I disconnect the orange wire from the molex plug the fuse doesn't pop as soon as I connect pop.
I have checked and rechecked the bulb sockets....
I wish freight wasn't so expensive I'd ship this nightmare to you, and you can have it.

Paul

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal