New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ burnt component Q-5 and Q-6 on the mpu board  (Read 8863 times)

Offline Cashen87

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Cashen87 Is working their way up.Cashen87 Is working their way up.Cashen87 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
IGT S+ burnt component Q-5 and Q-6 on the mpu board
« on: June 29, 2017, 06:20:00 AM »
Hello. I have a burnt component on my mpu board... Are this a normal issue on the IGT S+ 10 mhz mpu board?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 05:12:04 AM by Cashen87 »

Offline Cashen87

• Cashen87 Is working their way up.Cashen87 Is working their way up.Cashen87 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: IGT S+ brunt component on mpu board
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 06:25:26 AM »
The Q5 and Q6 (see picture) on my mpu board have melted on the component's. How can i fix it ? Do i have to order a new mpu  board 10 mhz to my s+?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 09:15:53 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline slots4home

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S+ burnt component on mpu board
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 08:10:08 AM »
Pm sent

Offline Cashen87

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 09:15:48 AM »
Got your email :cool_thumb_up:. Are the standar issue on the s+ mpu board 10 mhz the component will be overheat or burnt like mine?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 09:46:06 AM »
Did your machine have a problem that caused this mpu board failure? Be careful about installing a new mpu, same thing could happen to it if the problem in the machine is not corrected.

Q5 and Q6 may be parts that are connected to some of the player pushbutton lamps. Have you had a problem with the pushbuttons or button lamps, have you done any work in that area, replaced any button lamps or is the wiring to the pushbuttons damaged, pinched? This wiring would run from the machine cabinet to the inside of the door, there is an opportunity for these wires to get damaged and short.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 10:07:46 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Cashen87

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 10:22:58 AM »
The white test Button have been changed becaus this Button dont works anymore. So this can be the issue of the problem i have on the board? What are you thinking about that?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 10:32:20 AM »
Would need the drawing/schematic for the mpu board to know what Q5 and Q6 are connected to in the machine. I don't know the history of the machine, if you are aware of any work to it or any defects then you should take a good look into that.

Before I'd install another mpu board I'd check wiring and other things to make nothing is shorting out to the metal chassis. And try to find out what Q5 and Q6 get connected to, that is where you have a possible problem. These parts didn't just burn up on their own, most likely something not on the mpu board caused them to burn up. I don't think the TEST button would connect to Q5 or Q6 so that probably isn't the problem, unless when replacing the TEST button nearby wiring was damaged. If pushbutton lamps were changed I'd make sure they are the right type.

Did these parts burn up AFTER the test button was replaced? What other information do you have?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Cashen87

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 10:40:44 AM »
I dont know. This self test Button part have a 3 solder points. I solder this new part like the old one

Offline Cashen87

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2017, 10:50:41 AM »
Are the Some one on this forum know about the Q5 and Q6 conection on the mpu board are and why the conector get burned?

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2017, 11:13:04 AM »
Are the Some one on this forum know about the Q5 and Q6 connection on the mpu board are and why the connector get burned?

You need to give people a chance to answer your questions.. Remember that some people don't log on till evening or just once a day.. Your board looks like it could be repaired since everything seems to be there. No burnt traces or holes burnt thru the board.. Make sure that if your machine has fans that they work..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Cashen87

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2017, 11:33:35 AM »
I know that. I post this topic some another on the forum can see it... it was a question...

Offline Cashen87

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2017, 07:10:50 AM »
Its this a normal issue the Q5 or Q6 component get burned/ melted?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2017, 07:53:22 AM »
Not a normal routine failure from what I have read, but others here with more experience may have a better insight. When components like Q5 & Q6 burn up like that it is due to excessive electrical current flowing thru them, that would be caused by something they are connected to either being shorted or for some reason drawing too much current. That's why I cautioned about installing another mpu board without first trying to find out what caused this mpu board failure.

What is the history on this machine, have you had it for a while and all was working ok until this happened? Or did you just get the machine and do not know if it has other problems? What work has been done to it, something that could have caused this failure? As I said earlier I think it would be good to know what in the machine is connected to these burned mpu parts, that would be the area to take a close look at.

Offline Cashen87

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2017, 08:00:13 AM »
I have never had a problem on this machine before I change the white test button... I have see on this forum a another person had the same issue on his board to...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2017, 08:04:06 AM »
What did that other person determine was the problem that caused it?
Can you post the link to that discussion thread?

Offline Cashen87

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2017, 08:50:50 AM »
Good question...I don't remember  :banghead:

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2017, 09:33:54 AM »
How did you find it - some kind of search, or just reading thru the old posts?

Offline Cashen87

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2017, 09:40:25 AM »
Yes. I'am Reading true the old post...

Offline Cashen87

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2017, 10:24:28 AM »
Here are the link I found about the same issue I have on the burned connector on Q-5 and Q-6. http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=14693.0

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2017, 10:29:30 AM »
Here are the link I found about the same issue I have on the burned connector on Q-5 and Q-6. http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=14693.0

Thanks for that link, I and others were involved in that discussion. It involved someone that changed the bulbs in some of the pushbuttons. If you use the wrong style of LED (or other bulb) then you can short out the connection and burn up the parts on the mpu board that control the bulb on and off.

Do you know if the bulbs in your machine pushbuttons are the original and correct type? Might want to remove the bulbs and check the part number written on them.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal