New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 809 Short Pay  (Read 1450 times)

Offline rdaniel

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • rdaniel New User barely matters.rdaniel New User barely matters.
  • NLG
809 Short Pay
« on: August 23, 2017, 11:34:48 AM »
Greetings  All.
I have a small problem with my 809 fruit machine. It seems that all pays are accurate with the exception of the oranges. It is constantly short paying. The first coin win Is one coin short (9), the second coin win is two coins (18) short the third coin win is three coins short (28), etc.  This only occurs with oranges.  Any assistance with this problem would be appreciated.
Thanks
Rdaniel

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: 809 Short Pay
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 07:37:47 PM »
Check the 10 coin payout on the payout step up unit. The contact receiver strips could be dirty at the very end. Or the contacts are running off to soon. Step it up 10 times and check for continuity between the contacts and the metal strips. Best to check the step up unit for continuity at 9, 10 and 11 steps up on the orange payout. While testing for continuity with the meter probes, apply lite pressure then more aggressive pressure on the contact fingers. The extra pressure may give out a reading if there is none at first.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 07:53:03 PM by DavidLee »

Offline rdaniel

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 07:41:01 PM »
Thanks David

I will give it a try.

rdaniel

Offline rdaniel

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 03:59:16 PM »
Hi David.

As you suggested, I made sure that the finger for the 10 strip was making good contact, cleaned the strip and made sure that the finger stepped off of the strip on the 10th step. So far so good. When I placed the hopper back into the machine, no payouts at all!

A visual inspection revealed that one of the two 93 wires connected to the bottom of the payout board had broken off, the feed connection. In the process of repairing that, two other wires broke off from the connections on the bottom of the payout board.

Finally after making all of the repairs, the machine works as it should on orange pays. That was a good education and I will remember it for future issues.

Thanks for your assistance

Rdaniel

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 04:53:03 PM »
Great catch on the weak wire connection.
These old machines, fix one thing and two wires fall off.
Good to hear the machine is up and running.

Ever wonder why there is so much solder on those payout ring bushing and copper circuit comb?
Soldering just to the hole in the ring doesn't make a good circuit, it needs to be on to the copper as well.
As the rivet can oxidize between the copper. I found that out when I converted a Jackpot only machine and added fruit and symbols
to the payout. Had a couple payouts not working until I carried the solder over to the copper.

Offline RiseLikeRa

• Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 04:26:57 AM »
Great fix and a lesson learned for me also.  My oldest game, if you can believe the tag on the side if from 1973.  I have found several  bad solders UNDER the little rubber wire end boots.  At first glance all looks good.  Even a slight tug will not reveal the problem.  Try to slide back the rubber from the connection and the whole thing will come off in your hand.

RD I am glad that you are back up and running since I KNOW that all of your equipment is in tip top shape.  TTYS

Your Pal
Ra

Offline rdaniel

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 09:34:21 AM »
Hi T

Nice to hear from you. I must give you a call, been too long.

It is amazing how a simple check on a problem can lead to other issues. When I put the hopper back into the machine and it would not pay, the first thought is panic. What did I do.

I did not realize that removing the top screw from the payout unit and moving it down for inspection would put pressure on the bottom wire connections. I guess that over the 40 +- years of doing so,  some of the wires will break. Like most things in life, it is a learning experience for future problem solving.

As an aside, I am, unfortunately, one of the 10% of males who are "color blind". So at times identifying the wire colors and tracers can present issues. Wouldn't you know it, wire colors are important and I have problems identifying colors. I love this hobby so I persevere! 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal