New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Need some inspiration and some info...S+ "Home Run, SS3370, SP084  (Read 1202 times)

Offline startek2

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • startek2 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Need some inspiration and some info...S+ "Home Run, SS3370, SP084
« on: September 27, 2017, 12:00:39 PM »
hey guys i cant get this thing to take coins.  i have verified with other boards that the cabinet is fine.  this thing has yellow labelled eproms and i cant find any info.  I think the dip switches are wrong and i am thinking i need to program something.  the board sets up fine, seems ready to take coins but just rejects them.  i think this may be a tournament slot?  The game chip is "SP084"  reel chip says SS (not ST) SS3370.
there is no bill acceptor.  any help would be greatly appreciated...as an aside, could i put in the 1137 montana chip?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Need some inspiration and some info...S+ "Home Run, SS3370, SP084
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 01:34:44 PM »
I didn't see a listing for the game "Home Run" in the IGT S+ Bible, it might be that it isn't listed or that your machine is a clone of another game, that happens. It is best if you can post a few photos so we don't waste time guessing or going back and forth with multiple questions. Post a photo of the machine showing the entire front, and also one of the mpu board (main circuit board). If the socketed chips on the mpu have labels then a closeup of them is good to see.

In general, yes you can add the SP1137 chip as long as your game is a compatible "Type" number. The SS3370 chip is for a Type 0 game, so an SP1137 should work ok I think, unless there is something else I'm not thinking about.

Does your coin comparitor have a "sample" coin installed? If you aren't sure then post a photo of it.

With some SP chips the mpu dipswitches are used and with other SP chips the dipswitches are not used. So we would need to see the SP084 document to know. If you install the SP1137 chip we do have information on it

« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 02:35:56 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 01:40:13 PM »
The Home Run game with the SS3370 is a 3 coin buy-a-pay. 3CBP  92%. Type 0 game. Yes the SP1137 will work with it.

http://www.newlifegames.net/igtbible/IGT%203CBP/Game%20Library%20-%20S-Plus%20-%20Home%20Run%20(3%20Coin%20Buy-A-Pay).htm

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 01:43:03 PM »
Dave- is there any info on the SP084? That seems pretty old, didn't see a PSR but may have missed it.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 01:45:17 PM »
Mike I can't find anything on that chip. Beats me. I looked in the downloads too. Couldn't find it.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 02:27:50 PM »
Upgrading his machine to an SP1137 might be a good idea, at least there is documentation on it. And I think that's the SP chip that allows "tokenization" if that feature is wanted.

I was able to see the Home Run game in the S+ Bible by following the link Shaggy posted. But when I tried to get to the buy-a-pay pages by going thru the S+ Bible home page and clicking on the menu heading it wouldn't go there. I think knagl told me one time that the menu link wasn't working.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 405
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 07:49:03 AM »
I don't have any info on the SP084 although I do own two original SP050 Game Proms.
I don't know if this helps any but get this, the SP050 was made for the Army.

Yes...the Army had slot machines for their officers stationed on military bases throughout the world and of course any documentation to do with the military is next to impossible to obtain even though that particular Game PROM program was probably designed almost 40 years ago.
The most popular machines in the military were the IGT S+ "Red, White,& Blue" themed machines.
Who woulda thunk dat?  :Crazy:

Anyways, the SS3370 is just a run-of-the-mill reel chip which is just a plain, normal Type 0 chip.

Wish I could help more but there's really not much documentation laying around on them older SP chips.
If anybody finds anything let me know...I love collecting old stuff!  :yes:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline startek2

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • startek2 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 07:25:30 PM »
thanks for the responses gang.  I have become a big fan of the S+ game but every once in awhile something new comes along.  So I got it going.  I'll tell you the story as it might help others.  This Home Run slot machine appears in my shop.  There are quarters all over the bottom and all the fuses are blown.  We took it apart and cleared the coins, then powered it up.  Dead.....first stop, replaced the dead battery.  I have seen games with dead batteries act completely dead, no displays.  Tried the clear chip but no luck.  Finally it dawned on us the door optos weren't working.  We found a broken receiver opto and replaced it...still no go.....my guys tore the machine apart to check the motherboard....no good......now I'm getting '21' errors, 3100 errors, we pulled every part out and tested it in a good machine...all tested ok.......so I came here to study....you guys are amazing and when i have a slot problem i come here to do my homework......I learned how to go in switch test and i focused on the opto problem as this must be where things are hanging up......after pulling all the harnesses and confirming continuity, i brought a 25 year old video camera into the shop to check the optos....yup they were sending.....and then...BAM!!  The guy who replaced the bad opto replaced it with another bad opto!!  Doh!!!  So finally things started getting better.  then from there i discovered the mainboard wouldnt take coins but another board wotked so not sure what happened there.......oh yeah i also found a plug in backwards on the motherboard!!  the opto receiver wiring was backwards!!  my theory is that is why the replacement opto was bad....So......i couldn't make heads or tails out of the program chip, they had yellow labels and i have never seen yellow label rom chips so military would be a fair bet!...so i put in the 1137 chip.....all worked but the damn cash out button wouldn't work.....that turned out to be a corrosion issue on the motherboard.......so there you go....i have never failed to repair an s+ and failure was not an option.........you bet I learned a few things......I remember something a fellow tech said to me on my very first day on the job fresh out of electronic school....a machine will try to tell you what is wrong with it.....you just need to understand how it is trying to tell you......thanks for your time guys!

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 04:42:57 AM »
Glad you got it going. Sounds like you had your hands full. Thanks for the explanation of problems as that will help others in the future.

Dave

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal