New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: PE+ with Call Attendant - CMOS Data - Door Open // Error  (Read 7037 times)

Offline Nurbo

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
    • SubAudio
PE+ with Call Attendant - CMOS Data - Door Open // Error
« on: October 26, 2017, 12:12:31 AM »

Hello,

A friend of mine owns a PE + with this error:

CALL ATTENDANT
CMOS DATA
DOOR OPEN

He tried to restart the machine with the test button by pressing and holding for several seconds, as some describe it, but the DOOR OPEN message never goes away.

He assumes that the optics are out of order.

Is it possible to shunt the optic on a PE + as it is workable on IGT S2000?  :Scratch-Head:

I did not find any messages while talking.

Thank you !  :thank_you:

Nurbo
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 01:16:07 PM by Nurbo »
IGT S2000 - Super Spin Sizzling 7
Bally - 742 TicTacToe / 809 Multiplier / 873 5-line / Alpha S9000 / S6000 Dragon Wheel

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: PE+ with Call Attendant - CMOS Data - Door Open // Error
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 07:25:24 AM »
If all the other messages have disappeared, and the door open remains, try playing the game, the door open message usually remains until the first game is played. secondly, he should be able to access the test screens, I believe the one screen will show all zero's for the active inputs, when you press a button,that zero should change to a 1, you can test the door optic in the same fashion, when the door is closed and latched it should toggle back and forth.
the optics are the same as used on an S+ machine.

hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Nurbo

• Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...Nurbo Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 12:30:24 PM »

Thank you for your answer Jim.

However, the machine remains on this screen. It is impossible to start a game.

I will see the machine tomorrow, I will try to make a ram clear.
Bally - 742 TicTacToe / 809 Multiplier / 873 5-line / Alpha S9000 / S6000 Dragon Wheel

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 12:53:49 PM »
Is the mpu battery dead? That's easy to check.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 12:56:09 PM »
Sorry, I forgot to say it, but the battery has been changed.  :yes:

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 01:36:18 PM »
with the door open you should be able to press the white button and enter the test menus, if all ease fails a clear never hurts, you will have to set your settings  again, they typically will go back to a default setting. plus you will need a set chip to turn on the bill unit if the machine has one.

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 06:23:10 PM »
Sorry, I forgot to say it, but the battery has been changed.  :yes:

When you replaced the battery did you have any difficulty unsoldering or removing it? Sometimes when someone removes the battery they will accidentally break a circuit board trace that goes to one of the solder pads for the battery. So even though the battery is good the battery voltage is not getting to the cmos ram chip.

My understanding is that the cmos error you are seeing is typically due to no battery voltage getting to the cmos ram chip, or a bad cmos ram chip. When you press and hold the white TEST button the machine writes the contents of the eeprom security chip to the cmos ram on the mpu so they will match. After that, whenever the machine is powered-up the mpu checks to see if the security eeprom and the cmos ram data match, they should if the battery is keeping the cmos chip alive. If the data does not match then the cmos error occurs.

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 10:43:56 PM »
If the "Door Open" message does not go away when the door is closed, you will never get past that screen, nor can you enter the self-test menus.  If it's a slant top or bartop machine, ensure that the belly door is in place and closed, as well as the main hatch door.  If all the doors are closed and the Door Open message remains, you will likely need to replace the door optics.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2017, 08:04:00 AM »
Hello,

The MPU was tested on a working machine...and the OPEN DOOR message go away !!!!

So, we conclued that optic on the machine are bad.

Does any one can send me a pics of each optic to see the wire color...like :

Door:
red <--> black/purple
white <--> xxxx/xxxx

Cabinet:
red <--> xxxx/xxxx
white <--> xxxx/xxxx

And finally, where the rounded one goes ? Door or cabinet ?

Thank you very much !!!

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2017, 08:08:14 AM »
See pic on ebay .. https://www.ebay.com/itm/162707533371

white on cabinet

black on door

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2017, 12:44:19 PM »
Are you agree with my drawing ?

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2017, 01:32:29 PM »

Hello,

The machine is finally operational after repair from a professional.

The motherboard (backplane), the hopper, the optics have been changed.

The tube screen has been replaced by an LCD model.

It just remains a problem that the payment table is in Spanish (or other language, I do not know).

How to pass it in English ?
Should you change the game chip or is it adjustable in a menu ?

Thank you.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2017, 04:07:37 PM »
I think the language used in the game is controlled by the game eprom, I don't remember seeing a language choice option in the setup menus. Did you press the white TEST button inside the machine and step thru the setup screens to see if the software offers another language choice? If not then I think you'll need to replace the game chips.

Offline BrianT

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • BrianT New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2017, 04:20:31 PM »
According to the info I have, XP000075 is a Spanish / English set supporting ECT & SAS.  Should have CG2307 graphics chips with CAPX2307 color prom and requires SET022 for DBV and ect....

So you should be able to go into the service mode and select English or Spanish.

X000588P data rom is compatible with most XP000xxx program chips so if you wish you could change out the XP000075 for something different, but ideally you'd also want to have the correct CG & CAPX combo to go with the different program ROM.

BrianT

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2017, 01:03:20 AM »
It just remains a problem that the payment table is in Spanish (or other language, I do not know).

How to pass it in English ?
Should you change the game chip or is it adjustable in a menu ?

Hello,

I set up your chip configuration in a MAME session, and it appears you can set it to English by doing the following steps:

- Open the door

- Press the white Self Test button near the MPU board 12 times to get to the language selection screen

- Use the jackpot reset keyswitch on the side of the machine to change the setting from "PLAYER SELECTABLE" to "ENGLISH"

- Close the door -- the machine should now display everything in English

However, I noticed that the paytable in my trial was always in English, where as yours is in Spanish.  If the paytable above the cards remains in Spanish after changing the language to English, can you tell us what CG ROMs you have in your game?  It's possible you have a different CG ROM combination than what I tried.

You can display the CG ROM chip number by turning the jackpot reset key 13 times when the door is closed and the machine is not in the middle of a game.  The display should look like this:

Unrelated, can you please post some pictures of the conversion from the machine to the VGA LCD monitor?  I'm curious to see how they did it, as there are a few different methods out there to covert the video to VGA, and your screen looks very nice!   :yes:

Also, for anyone interested, when the language was set to player selectable, it appeared to default to Spanish (which is the other option in the menu), but alternating every other time in the Game Over menu aside from the "Play 5 Credits" message (in Spanish), was this message:

Roughly translated, the bottom text says, "In Spanish? Press the blue button."

I don't know what the blue button is.  I tried the "Change/service" button and nothing, also no change in the text when pressing Deal/Draw or Cash Out.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline BrianT

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2017, 01:51:35 AM »
knagl:

The reason your test in MAME was always in English is because the CG2307 set is 64K roms, English in lower 32K and Spanish in the Upper 32K.  If you do the same in MAME running the set pex005pi you'll get the correct results although that test (in MAME) is using a Deuces Wild set.  The pex055pi set is set up to use the XP000075 GAME program and makes use of the full 64K bilingual CG2307.  I'm guessing in your test you didn't account for the larger CG roms?

However the steps you outlined will of course work on a real machine as long as the E17 jumper is made instead of E16.

BrianT

Offline BrianT

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2017, 01:55:02 AM »
BTW: the "blue" button would map to Play Credit.  When in MAME and you set to player selectable hit the "R" key to switch back and forth.

BrianT

Offline Nurbo

• NLG
    • SubAudio
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2017, 01:12:29 PM »
Thank you all for your answers, it really helped my friend who found new menu !!!  :hail: :hail: :hail:

He managed to change the background color, the maximum number of credit ... Etc. ... he really thanks you!  :applause: :applause:

@Knagl, here are the different versions of his game chips:

And here are the pictures of his LCD montage.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2017, 03:13:35 PM »
Thank you all for your answers, it really helped my friend who found new menu !!!  :hail: :hail: :hail:

He managed to change the background color, the maximum number of credit ... Etc. ... he really thanks you!  :applause: :applause:

Hey, that's great, glad the information helped!   :cool_thumb_up:

Thank you for the pictures of the VGA/LCD setup, especially the converter board.  I appreciate it a lot!  Do you know where he purchased that board from?  Is there a website where those boards can be bought?

:thank_you: :thank_you:

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2017, 03:24:03 PM »
The reason your test in MAME was always in English is because the CG2307 set is 64K roms, English in lower 32K and Spanish in the Upper 32K.  If you do the same in MAME running the set pex005pi you'll get the correct results although that test (in MAME) is using a Deuces Wild set.  The pex055pi set is set up to use the XP000075 GAME program and makes use of the full 64K bilingual CG2307. I'm guessing in your test you didn't account for the larger CG roms?

Yep -- I didn't even consider that possibility.  That makes sense, though.  Thank you, Brian!  :applause:

BTW: the "blue" button would map to Play Credit.  When in MAME and you set to player selectable hit the "R" key to switch back and forth.

You win the smartie award again -- that worked for me, although again since I didn't compensate for the larger CG roms, only the text at the bottom of the screen and the "Play 5 Credits" changed -- the paytable stayed in English for me.  I'm sure it would work if I played it in a different set that accounts for the larger CGs.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal