New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 873 tilt light and feature lights flashing  (Read 3825 times)

Offline kb8yrw

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • kb8yrw New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: 873 tilt light and feature lights flashing
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2017, 12:17:04 PM »
Motor tested out good. I looked over the schematic and took the delay board off to see the back. I measured for voltages on the on the plug and found a 50 Vac on pin 5. From that and following the traces on the board I concluded my missing wire was on pin 2. I checked for voltage on the mystery wire and it has 5vDC. So I put it back in pin 2 and plugged it in and ran test 4, still no hopper movement. So I started doubting my placement of the wire. I decided to check in here and there was your picture confirming my placement of the wire :applause:  :thank_you: Thank you for the offer of the terminations but it was just flat as you said. So I am just wondering if this is another test I cannot run like test 8. Test 8 worked a couple times but usually just tilts the machine when I operate the coin switch. When I do the switch test it tilts the machine as well. I close the door and it takes coins and releases the handle so the switch is good. Maybe still a power supply issue? 10 volts is only 7.5. Maybe some more jack and cokes will help, help last night lol.
In the end the one with the most toys wins!

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2017, 12:34:16 PM »
I think that your 10V being so low is your main problem. Your 25% down on that voltage.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline kb8yrw

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2017, 07:13:42 AM »
Progress....well sort of. I received the new bulbs for the optic reader that was bad and got the installed easy peezy. All the lights come on and test good. The machine accepts coins and plays now but the hopper still will not run on payout. I also received the new power supply so decided to install that and see if it made any difference.......nope. When I hit a payout the bell rings until it times out then tilts with a 32 error (hopper empty.) Maybe I'm not doing it right but when I get the 32 error I open the door hit the reset and the fault will not clear. Cycling the power does not work either. I did find by accident that if I hit the reset and put it in a test mode (doesn't matter which one) before it tilts then reset after the test it clears and will play again. I have checked all the plugs for bad pins and continuity and have not found anything. I guess I need to figure out where the power for the hopper is coming from and see if it is getting signaled to run. I'm suspicious of the delay board since that seems to be inline with the output. Well thought I was in business but back to fingering the schematics again. Oh one other thing it is doing now is the bypass gate on the door that deflects the coins to the overflow is not pulling in so the coins are not dropping into the hopper. When I run the test 2 and it cycles through the coils on the door it pops right in and out. I checked the hopper full switch on the hopper and it is working fine and closes when I push on the hopper. Thought I would mention that because anything can be a clue! 

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2017, 10:47:10 AM »
I think you could have a bad hopper board. Two things usually go bad, first is the two large diodes on the top. I think they are C1 and C2, then the triac mac-15, top right of the hopper board. If your getting the error code 32 is a good sign. That's showing that the payout signal is being sent to the hopper. It's just that the hoppers not running. That's why I suspect you have a bad hopper board. Post a picture of your hopper board so I can see if you have a E1000 or E2000 board.

Sending you a PM.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline kb8yrw

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2017, 04:00:51 PM »
Definitely issues on that hopper board. Reed relay 1 has an open coil so it was never going to react to the enable signal. Secondly both triacs test bad. I trigger the gate and nothing. I also measure about 50 ohms from the source to the gate and I should not measure anything. Soooooo waiting for more parts again. I found some sources for the Hamlin reed relays HE321A0400 but good god they want you to buy hundreds at a time or at least have a ridiculous minimum order so I went hunting and found Hamlin makes a HE3321A0400. The pinout looks to be the same and dimensions are very close if not right on the money. 5VDC NO 500 ohm coil and contact rated at 500 ma. I could not find the data sheet for the original but I cant imagine the gate needs 500 ma. Besides I do believe they respond to voltage anyway. I found those reed relays on ebay but they seem to be readily available all over. I'll post my results with them when they come in. I also order new triacs NTE56006 to replace the MAC15-6 . Not much else to go bad on the hopper board except a few diodes but they test good. I think I'm getting close with finishing up this one. Been combing CL for the next dead machine to work on. I would like to get a .10 and a .01 machine but I never see those. Maybe I can convert one?   

Offline kb8yrw

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2017, 02:08:39 PM »
Okay got the Triacs and the new Reed relays for the hopper board  :applause: Got everything installed and bench tested. Slid the hopper in the machine fired her up and ran a test 4. The hopper started and it spit out exactly 10 coins  :dancing_2: I was so happy I did it again! This thing is finally fixed........except. I close the door and start sliding in nickles. The machine is playing great all lights work and its stealing nickles just like it was built to do. Finally I hit a payout and it started paying out.....and it kept paying out.....and paying out......until it tilted with a hopper empty fault 32. Now what? :banghead:  Why would it count and stop the hopper motor when the test 4 is run but not count when the machine is paying? The good news is the replacements I found for the reed relays are a perfect fit and function fine. Just for shits and giggles I took the hopper board back out and bench tested the triacs and relays just to make sure nothing nefarious happened and they are fine. Any ideas?

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2017, 05:46:27 PM »
Try running test 5 to check to see if what on the reel strips is showing up correctly in the Win meter. I've never seen or hear of a run away hopper in the E Series
And remember...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2017, 06:08:51 PM »
..... Finally I hit a payout and it started paying out.....and it kept paying out.....and paying out......until it tilted with a hopper empty fault 32. Now what? :banghead:  Why would it count and stop the hopper motor when the test 4 is run but not count when the machine is paying? .....

How large was the payout (win) that you hit? If it was a lot of coins then the hopper would run to payout all those coins, and if it emptied the hopper before paying out your win then you would get an error.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline kb8yrw

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2017, 06:33:51 AM »
Try running test 5 to check to see if what on the reel strips is showing up correctly in the Win meter. I've never seen or hear of a run away hopper in the E Series

Good suggestion, I ran the test and checked the position when it shows a win on the center pay line. Bar Bar Bar shows 111. Bar bar 5Bar shows 1 1 2. Empty spots show blanks and in between it shows 3's. Now according to the manual I should be able to select which pay line I'm looking at by operating the coin switch. When I do that it immediately tilts just like it does when I try to run test 8. I can run test 8 only if I insert a coin and let it fall through, hitting the switch manually tilts it immediately. Now the plot thickens  :Scratch-Head:  I discovered that when it hits and starts paying it times out and gives me a 32 even though the coins are still pouring out suggesting it is not getting the count signal. When this happens I open the door (white light comes on telling me it knows the door is open) I hit the reset and about 5 seconds later the hopper starts running and spits out the correct amount of coins, winner paid light comes on and it displays 20 (correct amount.) So I start chasing nickles all over the room swearing at the machine. I repeat the scenario several times (except the chasing nickles part, I was ready for it this time) and it happens the same way every time. Sooooo is it related to the door being open? Something wonky with that coin switch because it does not behave like it is stated in the test, it just seems like it is related to the door somehow.  :banghead:  I'm thinking the hopper is fine now because it will properly dispense the correct amount so just got to solve this mystery now.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2017, 10:55:29 AM »
Sounds to me like something is wired backwards. Post a picture of your coin switch and wiring. Next I would look at the door switches. Sounds like your hinder switch is working because the candle is lighting when the doors open. Do you still have the cherry switch on the door, right under the lock. I have seen those cherry switches with 2 or 3 attached. I try to eliminate that cherry switch. They work I Series with the door hinge switch. One other thing to check would be the hopper payout switch all the way back to the roll the coin contacts as it's being counted. Look for any play. I've seen the rivet that holds the tapered roller to the trip lever loose and too much play in the lever to the coin switch on the hopper.
And remember...

Offline kb8yrw

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2017, 02:13:30 PM »
I checked the switch wiring and originally it was soldered on backwards and the machine would not reset early in this endeavor. Once I swapped the wires around to the proper spots the game functions as it is now. just for the hell of it I swapped them back and the game just sits at tilt and will not reset so I put them back according to the print. So just to recap the game functions and pays out properly as long as the door is open close the door and it pays out until it times out and gives a hopper empty error (and it isn't) reset the fault with the door open and it pays out the proper amount.

So with the door open I put a ground jumper on the NO contact of the coin switch and simulated a coin. The machine registered it and I spun. I did this until I hit and the machine started paying out just like it does when the door is open, timing out with a 32 error. I hit the reset and it did not pay out like before. I removed the jumper and it paid out the correct amount.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2017, 04:13:18 PM »
Here is a picture of the coin switch on my one S-Series I have here on mine the the green with orange tracer is on the center tab and the blue with red tracer is on the far right tab. I do not have a ground wire on the left tab, just the grey wire and the resistor between the coin switch and diverted coil.
And remember...

Offline kb8yrw

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2017, 05:12:36 AM »
Trying to get back with this misbehaving machine. Work called me out of town for a bit but hopefully back for the rest of the year now. Thank you for the picture yours is a little different. With the exception of my additional ground wire they are wired the same. My coin switch contacts are opposite yours meaning my NO contacts are on the right and yours are in the center. I did remove the ground wire and tested but it behaves the same. So until I figure this out I can make the machine function by removing the wire off the door switch to make it think the door is open all the time. I unplugged the buzzer and took the bulb out of the white light. The machine pays and plays correctly except it constantly shows a 50 in the left of the display because it thinks the door is open. Other than that it pays out and displays the correct payout and shows a winner paid light. I am not giving up on this, not my nature but in the mean time I know how to make it work for the Christmas party coming up.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2017, 09:13:23 AM »
Maybe look for a second E-Series machine. That way you can compare the wire in both and then figure yours out. Did I ask you if your machine has the second coin switch located on the lower bottom corner of the door? It would be down near the coin over flow chute send the coins when the hopper would be full. If your is missing, check to see where the wires are now and if they are connected or taped off seperate. I'm still thinking your problem lays in the door switch wiring circuit.
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal