New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 Bill validator not working  (Read 1503 times)

Offline Slotcowboy

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Slotcowboy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S2000 Bill validator not working
« on: February 25, 2018, 11:56:36 AM »
I have a S2000 with a Bettor Tito installed. The bill validator will accept bills but only accept printed tickets sporadically. I just replaced the BV and it still has the same problem. It accepts the tickets and performs a run on it but returns it. Sometimes it will accept the ticket after 10-15 tries. Any help or advice of what I may need to do next will be greatly appreciated.
 :thank_you:

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: S2000 Bill validator not working
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 12:11:40 PM »
How does the barcode printed on the ticket look? If the lines are unclear, blotchy, not separated very well with well-defined white areas, etc, then the BV will have a hard time reading it. Can you try the ticket in another machine with TITO? Are the tickets for such a large dollar amount that accepting it would put the machine over the machine's credit limit when you sometimes have a bunch of credits already on the machine?

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 12:16:29 PM »
What type of printer do you have? I have heard that some Tito units have problems with the Gen 2 printers. Have you cleaned your printer? I use a window cleaner on a soft cotton towel to clean the rollers. A lot of fine dirt builds up in them. You might want to use a compress air can to blow it out too. If you continue to have a problem, then I would contact the person that sold you the Tito unit for help.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Slotcowboy

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 12:25:42 PM »
The tickets are clear, bold and the bars are separated. I failed to mention in my first post that I have an I-game with a Bettor Tito and it is dong the same thing. I have tried tickets with no credits on the machine with tickets as low as $100 with the same results. I have the limits set to max on both machines. What is surprising is there is no change even the replacement heads, they were tested and certified before I purchased them.  The transport works fine on both machines. They start up good on turning on the machines and take both dollars and tickets all the way in.

Offline Slotcowboy

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 12:27:59 PM »
Not sure of the type printer, I will check it out. Haven't cleaned it but I will and check it again.

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 12:33:56 PM »
It doesn't take much for a Tito printed ticket not to work. My friend handed me one the other day and asked me what was wrong with it? I couldn't see the problem. He had to point it out to me. A very small part of one bar code, all the way down to the amount paid had part of the left edge missing. Jim at Better Slots told him what to look for. Sounds like your having a similar problem, or it's something in your settings that off. Your best bet might be to call Jim and ask his advice.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 01:38:40 PM »
The tickets are clear, bold and the bars are separated. I failed to mention in my first post that I have an I-game with a Bettor Tito and it is dong the same thing. I have tried tickets with no credits on the machine with tickets as low as $100 with the same results. I have the limits set to max on both machines. What is surprising is there is no change even the replacement heads, they were tested and certified before I purchased them.  The transport works fine on both machines. They start up good on turning on the machines and take both dollars and tickets all the way in.

What type/model of bill validator do you have? I think on some there is a dipswitch or setting for enabling it to read barcodes/tickets. If that switch/setting is not enabled the BV will still sometimes read the ticket but it isn't reliable. This is just a guess, others may know more about what I'm referring to. Seems like the IGT BV with ID-023 had this.

I agree with Amechanic, Jim is a great resource for a problem like this.
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=profile;u=14

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2018, 02:53:44 PM »
I had same problem until I got my bv's calibrated and switched to better ticket paper.

Offline Slotcowboy

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2018, 08:05:34 AM »
I checked the printer and find a name or model number. There are some numbers on it but not sure if they are some form of model numbers. I did clean it with compressed air the best  could, will try it again today. Thanks to everyone for your input and suggestions maybe I will find the solution before to long for both machines.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2018, 08:22:46 AM »
I checked the printer and find a name or model number. There are some numbers on it but not sure if they are some form of model numbers. I did clean it with compressed air the best  could, will try it again today. Thanks to everyone for your input and suggestions maybe I will find the solution before to long for both machines.
Your best bet it to contact Jim for help. Sounds like a setting could be off. If you post a picture of your printer we can tell you what you have.
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal