New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Reel Touch Netplex Video Link is down  (Read 5917 times)

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
Reel Touch Netplex Video Link is down
« on: August 18, 2014, 06:39:40 PM »
I was testing a top box for a friend in my Reel Touch slot and all of a sudden it is giving me a "Netplex Video Link is Down" and of course now I am not getting any video.   Anybody have any ideas.  I am lost on this one.  When I put my top box back in slot works fine.  I have  checked for broken or loose connections with no luck.  I am at a standstill.  Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 03:24:03 PM by tjlee »

Offline LINDAM

• Moderator: Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...
  • When you run out of Quarters...You're done!
Re: Reel Touch Netplex Video Link is down
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 07:03:02 PM »
If you swing out the top box (it's Hinged) you'll see the top box power supply right behind. If you have an ATX power supply tester you can check it. If not you can easily remove the power supply (2 screws) and check the fan. If the fan is dead, most likely the P/S is to.
If it ain't broke.....Stop trying to fix it.

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.tjlee Has an aura about them.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 07:35:57 PM »
Hi LIN  I don't think it is the supply as the slot works great with my top box installed in it.   It only does this when I have the other box installed in it. Does that make sense??  Update--Just tested the PS with tester and all voltages are present.  Thanks
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 07:59:30 PM by tjlee »

Offline LINDAM

• Sr NLG Member
  • LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 04:12:56 AM »
Does the top box boot up normally? where does it stop?

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 04:24:18 AM »
I think the top box is trying to boot as I plugged a keyboard in and lights flash on keyboard on initial bootup and the CD light flashes normally on the boot up.   I have lost all video on it for some reason.  I don't think it is the voltage inverter inside the box as it says the Netplex video link is down???  I might be looking for another top box for him as this thing looks fairly complicated to take apart.  I may be wrong.  THe slot just keeps saying it is waiting on the video display.  Thanks for any suggestions.  TJ

Offline LINDAM

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 04:45:18 AM »
TJ

There are many things that will stop the monitor from booting. The top box is nothing more than an older DFI P/C motherboard with a few extra's. If the CPU fan is dead or the CPU heat sink is plugged with crud this will kill the CPU (P III 1000). It could be a ram issue. Remove, Clean contacts with a pencil eraser, replace. there are other things to try. these are the most common.
FYI...... listen for the single BEEP at power on (within 5 sec.) . This indicates video. Good Luck

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 05:07:26 AM »
Would a top box/main game software mismatch cause this? What was the reason for testing in the first place?

Offline LINDAM

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 05:49:14 AM »
The first and most important issue is the video. If you don't get the video BEEP on start up, the video has failed on thr M/B. If the motherboard's video doesn't fire up nothing else matters. BUT there is no connection between lack of video and M/B & MPU mismatches.

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 06:00:20 AM »
Thanks Lin, wasn't sure how the tie-ins worked there

Offline cowboygames

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 06:03:20 AM »
How about caps or CMOS battery on the top box MPU? I had one with a bunch of bad caps but don't remember if it killed the video or not

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 06:07:44 AM »
Thanks to all for suggestions. I am getting no video beep from this box so I guess I can assume the MB has problems. I will try out the   suggestions first to see what happens.  I know bad RAM can cause a computer board not to boot.   I am not sure of the type that is needed but it looks pretty standard.  If I can't find the problem I guess I will have to look for a MB for this fellow or a whole top box.   Any ideas where I can get either a MB or a top box??   :thank_you:

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014, 03:23:24 PM »
First of all thanks for all the suggestions on this as I really appreciate it.  Lin gets the prize on repairing this.  The CPU was out in this probably because the top cooling fan is not working.  I had an 850MHz Pentium III here from a EVO slot and used it.  Board booted right up.  In the meantime I will look for another 1000mhz processor. 

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2014, 04:56:51 PM »
Did you try putting the old CPU back in? They are pretty hard to kill, it may just be the contacts in the socket.

Rich
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2014, 05:31:26 PM »
Hi Rich   I will give it a try.  It seems to run OK with the 850Mhz processor but I am not sure about speed.  Outer case fan is dead as a doornail and I see it is 24vdc.  Thanks for the info 

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2014, 05:34:26 PM »
Outer case fan will not work until you put it in the machine. If you are just running the top box the case fan does not run.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline tjlee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 05:39:27 PM »
Thanks--I did not know that--I am running outside the machine with an ATX supply with converted 8 pin plug.  Thanks--that's one less thing I have to fix on this.  Found several broken wires in it too which I hope solved the touch screen issue I had with this before it went south with the video.  One broken wire on COMM1 cable and one broken wire on harddrive.   :thank_you:  :1: to all who helped me on this.

Offline LINDAM

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2014, 05:44:34 PM »
Glad you found all the issues.........Ain't they fun to work on,  NOT!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal