New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Fortune 1 game not registering coins  (Read 2869 times)

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
Fortune 1 game not registering coins
« on: October 03, 2014, 10:16:37 PM »
Greetings group:

After trying to FIX the fact that the "deal" button on my 21 card game did not light up when a coin was inserted things went from bad to worse.  I removed the coin mech briefly, the hopper, the control panel where the buttons are located and re seated the c5 and c7 eproms now I have squat.  BEFORE I FIXED it the game worked fine except for one light not working.  Now the game will not play at all.  I hear the micro switch click twice when move it with my finger.  Any suggestions at all would be appreciated.

Thanks so much
Ra

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Fortune 1 game not registering coins
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 04:16:51 PM »
I have learned that these machines don't work if you have a problem with any of your buttons wiring.. You should see the Red LEDs light up on the I/O when you press a deck button. They are connected in a series, so if ones not working, then the machine won't coin or play. I bought two Fortune I poker machines last winter, and the only problems I had was button issues. I have found that the small 1" IGT Deck Buttons work great in these. I replaced them switches and all, even the LED bulbs worked great then.

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline RiseLikeRa

• RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 06:49:22 AM »
Gary:

Thank you so much for the tip.  The first picture below is of the deck button in my 21 game.  The second picture is of 1 spare deck button that was given to me.  Notice the different part numbers.  The second one seems to be from a slightly newer game.  The button that you actually push seems to sit lower in the newer receptacle.  I am OK with that.  Do I simply solder the newer deck button housing to the old wires in the same numerical position as they are hooked up to the older deck button?  If you give me the green light this tedious soldering will be my next task.  Thanks again.

Ra

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 08:39:37 AM »
Ra..

None of my machines have or had buttons like yours? I looks like someone has replaced the original buttons with those??  Every machine I've owned or have has the typical style deck buttons with cherry switches and push in connectors.
Maybe someone else has seen this done before? Have you tried checking the operation of your machines deck buttons by watching the led lights on the I/O board? You should see a light or lights turn on when you press a button..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 11:35:24 AM »
Gary:

It is just my luck that I get the odd ball.  Remember that this game says Fortune Coin not IGT and is probably a very early model.  What does your buttons look like?  Do you think that I should still attempt the swap with what I have?

Ra

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 12:12:03 PM »
Fortune Coin  :Scratch-Head: never heard of that before.. I was going off the topic header.. I don't know what to tell you to do then?? I guess I would try to test the buttons with a meter too see if they are working.

Gary
And remember...

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 12:33:17 PM »
Gary:

The little head scratcher is exactly how I feel.  I believe Fortune coin pre dates IGT by a few years.  I put a volt meter of the light terminal of the switch.  No coin in, almost no voltage, coin in 2  volts.  This lead me to believe that the cpu was sending a proper signal to the button however it was not lighting up the bulb.  I have tried several bulbs just to make sure.  I may take out the old soldering gun if no one else chimes in and helps us out.

Ra

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal