New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: what kind of video slot is this?  (Read 10662 times)

Offline junkman

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • junkman New User has no influence.
  • NLG
what kind of video slot is this?
« on: October 21, 2014, 03:56:57 AM »
I got this the other day with a draw poker machine. This is a video slot that I would like to get working but I need to know what it is the numbers say its a sircoma 611 made in 1981 and its a silver jubilee I can't find any info. On the net about it or anything that looks like it. What I'm getting when I turn it on is a scrambled picture like a sync problem and the game is not playing blind I can't get the game to take a credit or anything the screen just rolls really fast from top right of the screen to the bottom left and when I shut the door the Hooper keeps running like its trying to pay out any help I would thank you so much I need a manual but I got to know what I have thanks

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: what kind of video slot is this?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 09:04:39 AM »
It's a Fortune 1. Sircoma was the name of Si Redd's company prior to the name change to IGT. Fortune Coin (where the Fortune 1/2 names originate) was the name of the company before it was Sircoma.

So there's your answer, plus a little history!  :rotfl: Now, you can go download the Fortune 1 manual from the download section (NLG FIle System) on the home page.  :yes:
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Ron (r273)

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 09:12:02 AM »
Since junkman is not a contributing member he may not be able to download the manual. If not, he can request it here.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?board=23.0
I'm retired....My job is having a good time with my slots.   Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline junkman

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 03:55:57 AM »
Is there anyone out here that might have any of these game boards or that repair them I'm having issues with mine. I'm getting a scrabled picture and its rolling it looks to me like three screens rolling can't really make it out can anyone help with this issue. Thanks

Offline slots4home

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 94
  • slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!slots4home Has great potential!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 08:26:26 AM »
Post a picture.
I may have one.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 09:04:12 AM »
Roz is correct, that is a Fortune 1 (701)  video.   The board has several socket-ed  eproms,  alot of times this causes the problem you described, intermittent connections etc. the on board power supply usually goes out as well (CAPS) and regulator.

The only person that I know that still repairs these boards is Larry Weber. K-LAR electronics, Las Vegas . 

Give him a call, he will try and help you.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline buybestslots

• Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 11:55:24 AM »
looks like a boat anchor to me

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 12:20:49 PM »
Some people still like boat anchors.. I agree about trying to pull the EPROMs and try cleaning the legs with a pink eraser. I would also clean the boards edge connection.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline junkman

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 05:39:21 PM »
Post a picture.
I may have one.

Here's a picture of the board thanks for your help.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 06:04:00 PM »
Not much diff. than a old pac-man board etc.  The chips do need to be re-seated and try--again.  keep in mind this is old equip. so you must massage it like a fine Lady.  Just a few thoughts. Also You are not going to find this new but tested working, possible but will cost a bit.--In my opinion.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2014, 06:23:08 PM »
Is there anyone out here that might have any of these game boards or that repair them I'm having issues with mine. I'm getting a scrabled picture and its rolling it looks to me like three screens rolling can't really make it out can anyone help with this issue. Thanks

My Fortune One was "broke" when I bought it. Just above the CRT are the pots for various video adjustments. They might all be really dirty. I just turned mine left and right and was able to get the video back. After powering off, I used some good contact cleaner and the pictures been fine ever since. There's additional controls in the back/botton of the CRT for vert and horz hold. You might get away with just noting where they are positioned, and shoot them with contact cleaner (turn them back and forth), then power back on and see of you get stable video.  Otherwise, you will need an extension cable to adjust those.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline junkman

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2014, 06:24:39 PM »
Not much diff. than a old pac-man board etc.  The chips do need to be re-seated and try--again.  keep in mind this is old equip. so you must massage it like a fine Lady.  Just a few thoughts. Also You are not going to find this new but tested working, possible but will cost a bit.--In my opinion.

Should I try replacing all the small caps?

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2014, 06:27:25 PM »
I would pull the six eproms with the labels and clean the re-seat them one at a time. Then make sure your edge connection is cleaned too. A pink eraser works great. If that doesn't fix your problems, then your other option is Larry Weber at K-Lar in Vegas. That number is 702-363-9998..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2014, 06:32:48 PM »
The caps would be a last option. I forgot about those 3 color pots!! I have removed them and installed resistors in there places. I now have a clear blue screen and no more flickering of the colors.
And remember...

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 304
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2014, 11:07:06 AM »

Replacing the larger caps could help but if you have a rolling screen I have had to replace the two 390 Ohm 1/2W resistors connected to the crystal and if that doesn't work there is a hex inverter chip near the crystal that runs the crystal circuit that may be bad.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline junkman

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2014, 05:54:04 AM »

I have rubbed this woman until my fingers hurt and she keeps kicking me in the face I did break one of her legs on the eproms that is but I got that fixed what a pain in the a__ to remove and get them back in . But the only change is I still have a rolling screen with white bars and no color before i had color rolling screen with scrambled grafics I'd really like to get this game going

Offline junkman

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2014, 07:03:48 AM »

Replacing the larger caps could help but if you have a rolling screen I have had to replace the two 390 Ohm 1/2W resistors connected to the crystal and if that doesn't work there is a hex inverter chip near the crystal that runs the crystal circuit that may be bad.

Thanks to all of you that are helping me with this issue. This is what I have done so far. Im pretty sure its a board issue I have replaced the monitor with a good one out of a working draw poker I have. Next I have cleaned and tested all cables all good. I have cleaned board ends and anything as far as chips eproms that could be removed from the board all cleaned. Before I cleaned the eproms and other chips I was getting a rolling picture with color grafics now I'm getting the same rolling picture with no color or grafics like four white bars rolling from top right hand corner to the bottom left corner very fast. I can slow it down by adjusting the monitor but that's about it. And when I shut the door the Hooper just keeps running. BAD BAUD had posted some things that I need to check the 390 ohm 1/2 w resister connected to the crystal. And the hex inverter chip near the crystal. Will some one please point these out on the picture so I can try to test. Thank you!

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2014, 08:37:42 AM »
Last resort send the I/O board and MPU board to Larry 702-363-9998

Offline junkman

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2014, 05:06:49 PM »
Last resort send the I/O board and MPU board to Larry 702-363-9998

This board has made me pull my hair out! So she is packed up and ready to ship to Mr.Weber tomorrow i m hoping he can fix . I had a long talk with him today and he said he could get me going. I will let you know how it comes out. While its out I'm going to work on my RGB 1401B monitor does anyone have any tricks for this one. I have replaced the HOT  and i have no neck glow and i have tested the round can looking caps. if you have any ideas let me know thanks

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2014, 06:14:30 PM »
Ahhh, the old RGB monitors. They are pretty basic but repairing them is a pain because finding parts is hit or miss.

I always start out with a complete cap job, Then check for a good +5 and +12 then make sure the B+ voltage is still there.

One thing not to miss is the low ohm resistor on the neck board which is the current limiting resistor for the tube filaments.

If that resistor is open you wont see any filaments lighting up.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal