New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Big Tony's Pokerkard  (Read 43886 times)

Offline bossgp

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • bossgp New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Big Tony's Pokerkard
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2016, 04:54:33 PM »
Thank you RevisionX for the computer which I purchased from you and to the effort involved sending it to Australia.
Big Tony is up and running except the touch screen doesn't work,
Can anyone give me any technical info for the touch, as I cant start a game without it

Offline bossgp

• NLG
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2016, 06:15:47 PM »
ok another question does anyone know what com port it uses ? Have take off the top cover from the monitor and see a big piece of thick glass and some
boards 2 each side and one each player for player cards, the lights are all red on those boards so they have power, this is the only thing stopping me from
getting it working finally.

Offline bossgp

• NLG
« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2016, 06:48:04 PM »
So here is another interesting fact, the POKERCARDS from Australia don't operate on the USA software, it shows a message "incorrect region"
also still no luck on getting the touch working, I am not really fussed about the Pokerkards but just wanted to get it almost working,
any idea on the touch buttons please... anyone

Offline RevisionX

• Reputation Power: 2
  • RevisionX New User has no influence.
    • A Modicum of Praise - My Blog
« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2016, 10:48:55 PM »
BossGP -

Given that we know it works with the USA touch screen connected, seems logical that this would be isolated to the USA serial card and your display.

Is the Nova Serial Card still seated firmly in its PCI slot?  I noticed on both PCs I had that this card could shift easily, especially when connecting the 25 pin cable... 
Did your original PC have the same make/model Nova Serial Card?  If different, swap your original card in and see if that helps.  In fact, since that card uses a Xilinx FPGA, try it even if they appear to be the same physically (label them first).
I'm not following the COM port concern (should be a plug n play card) - Windows device manager should show it's installed fine.

RevisionX

Offline bossgp

• NLG
« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2016, 12:16:58 AM »
Thank you for your reply,
Let it be said that they don't have a touchscreen as such, it's a big thick piece of glass with 4 pcb's one for each player, the
lights are all red and don't change when the glass is pushed, after the game has been started, single player or multi.
I swapped the serial card and the Nova card with the ones that were in my original system , I had the same idea perhaps a USA/AUSTRALIA thing.
But no difference, I went into Windows and checked the drivers also, all ok.
It just doesn't make sense the glass should be the same for every region, the touch boards are the exact numbers as another member wrote previously and they seem to go to the nova card not the serial card.
if anyone can check what serial port the card uses in Windows it might help me, other wise I am almost there, just need to get the inputs working.

Offline thepita007

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • thepita007 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2016, 03:42:36 PM »
Thank to this thread I was able to get a Big Tony Working!

However 3 of the 4 touch boards are not working correctly.

Does anyone know how to repair them or find replacements?

Offline RevisionX

• Reputation Power: 2
  • RevisionX New User has no influence.
    • A Modicum of Praise - My Blog
« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2016, 12:14:17 PM »
Hi -

I had one board that was "flaky" as well, but due to the time it would take to remove the part, I never did.  If you care to disassemble yours, I'd bet a replacement board could be located.  Please upload an image if you do disassemble yours and I'll do what I can to help.

Thanks!
RevisionX

Offline acnut36

• acnut36 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #107 on: June 19, 2016, 03:44:44 PM »
Brought my Pokerkard machine a few months ago. My touch screen wasn't working and turned out to be a blown fuse on the Pokerkard card itself. It came without the SR3 coin acceptors so my question is, does anybody have any spares? or know how to wire in an aftermarket one?

Offline BennyV07

• BennyV07 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #108 on: September 29, 2019, 05:31:06 AM »
Hello, everyone. I recently picked up one of these Big Tony’s Pokerkard Arcade Table’s and it was basically gutted but i figured $200 was still a good price for a project. The only things included were the Touchscreen, Power Supply, and a single Pokerkard. My question is: Would i be able to just install a new pc and duplicate the hard drive image + usb security drive? Additionally, where can I find the two serial cards needed to connect the touchscreen as those were missing as well. I wish it were easier to acquire a pc from an old unit but they are hard to find nowadays. Thanks in advance :) 
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 06:34:54 AM by BennyV07 »

Offline Dahlar

• Dahlar New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2022, 09:53:22 PM »
I am glad I found this thread; I bought a PokerKard last weekend. The unit was fully working with two USB keys and about 30 cards. The only issues are the card dispenser is there, but broken and player's 3 and 4 touch pads don't fully work. I was able to max out the PC to boot faster hopefully. Swapped the Pentium4 - 2.8ghz to a Pentium4 - 3.6ghz, 2gb of ram to 4gb and cloned the hard drive to an SSD drive. All said and done with new shocks for the lid was about $75, not too bad. The last main project is to work on the touch sensors, I have tried rotating the glass 180 and swapping sensor boards, but not all fixed yet. From experience with other electronics, those orange flat flexible cables are probably partially bad.

Offline Dahlar

• Dahlar New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2022, 09:57:59 PM »
Hello, everyone. I recently picked up one of these Big Tony’s Pokerkard Arcade Table’s and it was basically gutted but i figured $200 was still a good price for a project. The only things included were the Touchscreen, Power Supply, and a single Pokerkard. My question is: Would i be able to just install a new pc and duplicate the hard drive image + usb security drive? Additionally, where can I find the two serial cards needed to connect the touchscreen as those were missing as well. I wish it were easier to acquire a pc from an old unit but they are hard to find nowadays. Thanks in advance :) 
Those boards are most likely next to impossible to find. They look to be custom to the game. I have never seen anything like them before, well at least the jamma card. Your best bet would probably be to convert it to a PC multicade cocktail cabinet. They do make USB touch screen overlays, but you could also add in buttons and joysticks or just buttons.

Offline Shibster

• Shibster New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #111 on: October 11, 2023, 05:06:55 AM »
Hi Guys!

Can you believe that Tony is still alive and kicking and I just picked one up myself.

I have a quick question for anyone with a live Australian model (or others maybe)

In device manager could you tell me what the nova serial card is called and what drivers its using?

Mine was not loading and windows updated it but I feel it renamed it and now the coin slots aren't online when its trying to boot up ... it just sits saying all 4 are missing....

I should say they were working at the start..... and the 4 SR3 were marked as missing.... now they both seem to be....

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal