New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Sigma W4312 RAM ERROR  (Read 11045 times)

Offline TobyOcc

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • TobyOcc New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Sigma W4312 RAM ERROR
« on: January 16, 2015, 07:03:08 PM »
I have just got in a Sigma slot and am getting a RAM error. I am a arcade guy so this is new to me. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Toby
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 08:32:28 PM by TobyOcc »

Offline metex

• Reputation Power: 2
  • metex New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Sigma W4312 RAM ERROR
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 11:19:38 PM »
Hi,try cleaning the pins, or maybe the ram chip is bad so replace it. This is what i usually do about ram error. With other machine sometimes the power supply causes this error, check the +5 volt.

Offline TobyOcc

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 11:50:46 PM »
Ok so I pulled the reels and the boards on the back show the right 2 board led on the last one on the right led is off. Any help there?

Toby

Offline metex

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 12:51:27 AM »
I Will reply you later i must go
See you

Offline metex

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 05:25:58 AM »
Hi,use a digital voltmeter, locate the power supply unit,you will see some indications at the output section, +5v,+12v,-12v... Check the outputs
If you cannot do that, post photos of boards

Offline TobyOcc

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 09:12:27 AM »
That last light is not on. the other 2 are on. I assume i test those screws on top for power?

Offline metex

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 01:09:21 PM »
hi, do you know about electronics circuits? you'll have to take them out and check the voltage outputs, especially the one the led is off.before doing this did you try cleaning pins of ram chip?
if you can find new ram replace it to be sure your ram is good.

Offline TobyOcc

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 06:40:30 PM »
No, Where are they located, are they on the main board? The slot is not at my shop so I have to keep traveling to mess with it.

Offline metex

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2015, 10:36:57 PM »
Yes ram chip is on the main board. It is the biggest board, pull it out and send me a photo (components side) , i will locate it for you.

Offline TobyOcc

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 11:20:42 PM »
OK her is the board, I pulled the chip that has the red sticker, cleaned, no change.

Offline TobyOcc

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 11:21:29 PM »
OK her is the board, I pulled the chip that has the red sticker, cleaned, no change.

Offline metex

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2015, 12:08:39 AM »
Hi, ram chip is located IC 65
but as seen on your photo,the board is clean,pull out the chip and replace it will sometimes secure the contacts. If nothing changes, the chip is probably bad.
With the board pulled out check the voltage of cap C 135,it would be about 2,5 to 3,5 V
Near this cap,there's a white four pins connector, is it connected to another small board? If yes,send me photo,it will probably be another ram board as on another sigma model

Offline TobyOcc

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2015, 08:01:28 AM »
OK, nothing goes to the small 4 pin connector. Is it possible to get a new chip? If so where c[size=78%]an I look for one. Not a slot guy so all new to me.[/size]
[/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]Thanks for all your help man.[/size]

Offline TobyOcc

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2015, 09:23:42 PM »
Ok, i pulled the chip still no go. I need a new chip I think. I have had no luck finding anything close for the Sigma series slots from this year. Any help would be great.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 164
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2015, 06:09:29 AM »
Is there a button cell battery mounted on the other side of the board.? I do not see a battery in your photo. Not sure if this model used a battery? But I just had an issue with my SG-50 when I removed the battery and left it out, I would get a RAM ERROR after each time I turned the power off and turned it back on. I Installed a new battery, turned the reset key, twice I believe, turned till the errors cleared and it is working properly now.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2015, 06:17:01 AM »
I'm not sure about this but if the board does not use a battery and as mentioned earlier maybe it uses C135 as a power storage? It is a capacitor and they do deteriorate from age and no longer function properly. 

Offline TobyOcc

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2015, 08:04:10 AM »
Ok, i will check for a battery and try to replace c135. I am at a loss, really like to get this thing running for these people.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2015, 08:53:25 AM »
If you have no luck, post here in the classifieds or contact one of the vendors here.

Offline TobyOcc

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2015, 10:49:13 AM »
Ok, I pulled the chips but they were super clean so not sure where the problem is. The thing that has me perplexed it the board to the right behind the wheels has a LED that is not illuminated. not sure where to go from here.

Thanks

Offline metex

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2015, 11:26:16 PM »
Did you check voltage on cap C 135? If you read less than 2,5v,it is not enough to supply the ram, what i usually do is desoldering it and charge it on a 5v power supply unit till it reaches about 3,5V once  done leave it alone for about half an hour check the voltage if it's not decreasing, if so the cap is bad,need a new one, if not put it back and start the machine.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal