New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: New Machine 1090-1-118  (Read 10517 times)

Offline Scotty78

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Scotty78 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
New Machine 1090-1-118
« on: September 30, 2015, 03:42:59 PM »
Hey all, brought another one home. Pics are attached. Couple questions. The agitator is missing in the hopper, I see Happ sells two, a 3 finger and a 6 finger? Which one do I get? Also, everything's works great on it until it's time to pay out. I set up a 3 BAR pay, the bell rang, but the hopper didn't do anything. Does nothing on any pays. Timer does nothing either.Initial checks indicate all fuses good, no blatantly loose wires, wiper arms on reel boards clean and making contact, and wipers on pay board next to hopper are all cleaned and making contact. Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 07:40:33 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline Scotty78

• NLG
Re: New Machine 1090-1-118
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 03:44:24 PM »
I almost forgot, I'd like to add a candle to this one, do EM's use a dif candle than the new ones? If so, is there a source for these?

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 263
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 07:42:37 PM »
There's some great vendors listed on the home page of NLG. Check that out before you order anything. Look at shipping costs as well. Hopefully one of our old timers will chime in soon on your question. I "flipped" your pictures so they can be viewed without straining your neck!  :propeller:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Scotty78

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 07:45:41 PM »
Thank you sir! I don't know why the iPad always flips my pics like that. Going to look at the vendor page now!

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 08:04:17 PM »
The Bally hoppers us the 6 point hopper stars. I would check your Beau Plugs for broken wires or bad connectors. These are the plugs that connect the hopper and reel to the cabinet. Your should also to see if the hopper spins, and some hopper have fuses too.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Scotty78

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 08:12:20 PM »
Thanks Amechanic. I will look closer at the Beau plugs, I pulled the hopper and didn't see any corroded or burnt. I'll check the backside of them at the wires as well. The hopper does spin freely. This one has me scratching my head, and I thought I was doing so good after I got that Lowboy running like a champ lol.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 08:47:36 PM »
Check the relay stack on the hopper too for loose wires and the the contacts are correct. I use my meter to check the contact. Just because they touch, doesn't meen they are making a good connection. Also look for any wires hanging in the cabinet that can rub on moving parts.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline JanGbg

• Reputation Power: 4
  • JanGbg New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 06:18:40 AM »
Post some pics of your hopper from different angels, maybe we can see whats wrong.

Offline Scotty78

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 04:07:49 PM »
Can do. Will put up some pics of it in and out of the machine. I apologize in advance because I'm sure they'll post sideways.

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 10:35:08 AM »
I think the 3 coin stars were for dollars, and the 6 pointers for smaller coins.  But I don't remember, and it probably don't matter.
AFA pay problems, set up a pay and then pull the hopper out and step the payboard up one step and then gently push it back in and see if that affects anything.  You might also pull on the carriage (horseshoe thingy clipped on the payboard that holds your outer wiper fingers) and also pull down on the reels to see if moving the wipers gives better contact and initiates pay.  If you can get anything to pay, that's a giant step.  Try all pay combinations, especially the higher pays.   Mechanically step up the payboard and then reset it to ensure that it resets all the way.  You can check oldReno troubleshooting tips for additional help and suggestions.  I say that only because I don't know what level of troubleshooting you are at....

Afterthought-- I notice you have a 1090, so the payboard and assy are probably separated from the hopper, so you can actually manipulate the payboard with it in the machine.   And I would guess the step up solenoid on the payboard has a bunch of washers on it??  You can remove the screws holding the payboard in place, and move it forward a bit so you can watch it and step it up.  Check your molex plugs for loose pins, as they are more likely to be problems than the old Beau plugs.   Basically the power to turn on the hopper payout relay flows through the payboard, so it it is not getting juice, the payout relay can not turn on.  YOu can also CAREFULLY using a pencil or wood stick reach back and push down on the payout relay to see if that fires the motor.  Use the old one hand in the pocket technique with that trick.   
We did go through this with another 1090-type machine in the past, and I think the threads are still up...?  Anyway be careful.
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2015, 10:33:21 AM »
Making any progress on the hopper?

The 1090 quarter machine I have has a 6 pointed star agitator.
Power to the hopper is provided by the Payout Counter when it is set up to pay by the reel wipers.
If every winning combination where to be set up with no response I would assume no power to the reel wipers.
Page 75 in the Liberty Belle Book has good explanation on how reel wipers, payout counter and hopper work together.
Check for continuity probably at the reel wipers for power then to the payout counter then the hopper.

Then after that you'll find the problem in a very unexpected place by accident.
Good luck, keep us advised. 

Offline justjoe

• Reputation Power: 1
  • justjoe New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • My sign co
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2015, 06:43:22 PM »
Ooo, nice one! Could i get you to take some pics of the transformer, fuse area and the connection bar thingy like the attached pic

Offline Scotty78

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2017, 07:57:02 PM »
Oooooooooookay. Reviving this thread. Apologies to all for dropping off the radar, had an assignment opportunity come up at work and had to take it. They wouldn't let me bring the 1090 to Greenland lol. So. It's much as I left it, and after looking at it with fresh eyes, it looks like some cobbed up wiring was done in here. I will post pics of the suspect areas tomorrow afternoon. Still no pays at all. I'm wondering if it was wired to not pay by someone. As always all help is appreciated. I tested all hopper switches, continuity is good open and closed. I really think it's way upstream of the hopper at this point. And the coin lockout seems to stay energized...

Offline Scotty78

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2017, 08:34:27 PM »
Also, winner paid light does not come on for any pays I set up, and the win meter does not reset, it remains at 147 which is where it's been since I acquired it.

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2017, 07:22:50 AM »
I'm guessing if the counter still so stop says that it is not resetting the hopper check the zero stop switch see if the rubber button is hanging it up and I see it has been a long time since you started this post so let's get it fixed now

Offline Scotty78

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2017, 05:17:52 PM »
Ok here we go, pics coming. For the record, I am not ultra knowledgeable on these. I know EM pinballs, and circuitry, but matching some of the slot component names with the part will take a minute for me to understand, so please bear with me. The 3 photos show where I am at right now. I can coin up (but that little coil by the mech stays energized), I can pull the handle, the reels spin, and index properly. That's it. No pays, even when I set them up. The hopper motor is free and not bound up. Any and all help is appreciated. I am standing by with with my meter and a willingness to learn. If anyone needs more photos of anything, please let me know and I'll be glad to take them.  :thank_you:

Offline Jon

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.Jon Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
    • Just for fun
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2017, 08:18:54 PM »
This would be the zero stop switch a better picture on your end would be appreciated and if you do not have the manual you can go to my Facebook page go down about 30 or 40 post and download it it will save you a lot of time

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2017, 08:22:01 PM »
Check the payout relay mounted on the hopper top left corner approximately above the beau-plug.To begin with test the coil to see if it's working, inspect for loose or broken wires.Then make sure the contacts are clean and making contact with it mate. Contacts can appear to be closed, but still no continuity. Best to beep all contacts to be sure.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 08:45:08 PM by DavidLee »

Offline Scotty78

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2017, 09:10:36 PM »
Ok... interesting. Zero stop switch, check. Contacts were dirty on the switch, used a business card to clean them, they ring out clear now. I put the hopper back in, plugged it in and... it will not coin up anymore. I put 1-3 coins in, the coin accepted light comes on, but the chime doesn't ring with each coin drop like it did before, and the handle won't pull, unless I open the door and pull back on the pawl with my finger.

I have attached what I hope is a better picture of the zero stop switch... and I apologize for their being sideways, I don't know how to make it stop doing that...

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2017, 09:39:59 PM »
Push the hopper diagonally back and forth in and out just a 1/4 of and in or so.
Might be a weak connection. This happens every so often when replacing units.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal