New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: The NLG Welcome Wagon  (Read 376505 times)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: The NLG Welcome Wagon
« Reply #220 on: January 03, 2017, 09:04:41 AM »
Hello everyone.

Got myself a MVS 6 Slot just before xmas. At first it wouldn't turn on, after some fiddling it started working. I cleaned up the games and most of them came back to life too.
Look forward to being a part of this site

Welcome to NLG, glad to see you here!   :wave:

If you can post a photo or two of your machine I'd like to see it, haven't had the chance to play one of these.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline g33pers

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • g33pers New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #221 on: January 07, 2017, 08:29:19 AM »

Here is the Neo Geo. I also have a toobin which should be brought from storage this week :)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #222 on: January 07, 2017, 08:35:20 AM »
Thanks for the photo!  It reminds me of an arcade game, but you can win money by playing it?
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline g33pers

• g33pers New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #223 on: January 07, 2017, 09:19:47 AM »
cant win money on this. This one was just to start the hobby proper :) (and get the family hooked. hahaha) I have 3 quiz machines that pay out, but wasn't allowed to bring them home. Now because of the Neo Geo I am converting my dining room into a mini arcade. I just need to get them to work properly before bringing  home

Offline BitPusher

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • BitPusher New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #224 on: February 07, 2017, 08:39:08 AM »
New to the world of slots.  Picked up a BB2 recently.  Got a lot to learn and the addiction has already kicked in.  Thanks for the site, looking forward to contributing.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #225 on: February 07, 2017, 10:07:29 AM »
New to the world of slots.  Picked up a BB2 recently.  Got a lot to learn and the addiction has already kicked in.  Thanks for the site, looking forward to contributing.

Welcome to NLG, glad to see you here!

Lots of helpful folks here that will try to answer any questions you have. Post a photo of your machine when you can, especially any problem areas on it, that will help us to know better what you have.

Offline BitPusher

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • BitPusher New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #226 on: February 07, 2017, 08:15:31 PM »

Welcome to NLG, glad to see you here!

Lots of helpful folks here that will try to answer any questions you have. Post a photo of your machine when you can, especially any problem areas on it, that will help us to know better what you have.

I'll take and post a photo this weekend once I get it into the game room and on a stand/table.  No problems with it at all and it's in great condition.  I'm an embedded firmware engineer by day so maybe I can help the community in the future on some projects.  Thanks again for the welcome.

Offline glassruin

• Registered Unknown Member 0-2 Posts
  • glassruin New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #227 on: February 13, 2017, 12:04:36 PM »
New member here, signed up cus I just got a Neo Geo MVS1FZ and have really enjoyed reading through channelmaniac's SNK/Neo Geo work logs. Really informative stuff.

I'm a retro gaming nerd and have a pretty solid collection of consoles, 95% of them are repaired from broken/not working and are now restored. I feel bad for broken consoles!

My pride-and-joy repair is a PCE Duo that wouldn't play discs; took about a month but I got it working!

Offline Somebody

• Somebody New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #228 on: February 13, 2017, 09:35:50 PM »
Just signed up. Looks like a cool community and I'm excited to be joining it.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #229 on: February 13, 2017, 11:15:48 PM »

Welcome to NLG to both of you!    :wave:

Offline AvgWyatt

• Reputation Power: 1
  • AvgWyatt New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #230 on: February 21, 2017, 02:43:11 PM »
Hi everyone! I'm a "newbie" and just getting my feet wet, but looking forward to learning more about fixing slot machines, and less about feeding them! Thanks for letting me on board.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #231 on: February 21, 2017, 04:26:53 PM »
Welcome to NLG AvgWyatt, good to see you here!   :odie:

What type of slot machine do you have?

Offline AvgWyatt

• AvgWyatt New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #232 on: February 21, 2017, 05:38:17 PM »
Just an S5500 for now, but I'm looking forward to more very soon! I've all ready got my first one working.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #233 on: February 21, 2017, 07:45:28 PM »
That's a good start to this hobby,

Don't be surprised if another one comes along before very long!  :garfield:

There's a good place not far from you if you need parts, service or anything related to slot machines:

http://www.ohiogamingslots.com/

Offline borgattard

• borgattard New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #234 on: March 11, 2017, 09:59:19 PM »
hello & g'day from Australia

hoping to expand my knowledge with all the information on this site

:wave:

Offline Conquistador

• Conquistador New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #235 on: March 22, 2017, 09:03:57 AM »
Hi, new slot owner and user here. This looks like a great place to learn about the machine and how to work on it when necessary. I picked up an S-2000 Triple Double Diamond before Christmas and for the most part all is OK. I would post a picture but apparently it's above my skill level here.  :Scratch-Head:

Mark

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #236 on: March 22, 2017, 10:04:45 AM »
Hi Mark, and welcome to NLG. You'll get it figured out. Glad to have you aboard.

Dave
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #237 on: March 22, 2017, 11:06:38 AM »
Welcome to NLG Mark!

Posting a photo is pretty easy after you get thru it the first time. Take your photo with your camera and transfer it to your computer and know where it is stored,  you can also use a mobile device that has a camera. Then you open a comment box on NLG to make a posting like normal. When you are entering the new comment/message just look under the comment box and you will see a statement in green that says "Attachments and other options". Click on that and more choices will appear. Click on "Choose File" and a popup will appear on your screen for you to chose the photo file you wish to post. Select the photo and then click on  "Open". That will put the name of the photo file into the filename input field below your NLG comment. Lastly, click on "Post" at the bottom of your comment like normal, your comment and the photo will get posted.

It works best if the photo files are not huge, otherwise viewers will have a delay waiting for the photo to appear.

Offline Conquistador

• Conquistador New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #238 on: March 22, 2017, 12:00:09 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome and the how to on the pictures, I was clicking on the icon up top and didn't see the option down below. Here's what it looks like if it works.

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #239 on: March 22, 2017, 02:38:44 PM »
Mark,  :NLG_WELCOME:  One thing you will need to look at is to see if the green varta battery is still on your mpu board. These batteries will leak in time and possibility ruin your board. These batteries are not needed for home use. If you have a 500 series board you can remove just the battery, if a enhanced board 1270 you will need to also remove u-16. Post a pic of your mpu board and we can see what you have. Remember make sure the power is OFF before removing any components.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal