New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S+ error code 61-2  (Read 28935 times)

Offline Jules

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Jules New User has no influence.
  • NLG
S+ error code 61-2
« on: February 24, 2015, 04:01:47 PM »
Hi, I'm new to this board so I hope someone can help me.  I am getting a 61-2 error code on my machine.  I recently fried a cmos chip in my Fives game.  I have replaced it with another cmos chip and the 61-2 error message popped up. I was advised by one of the techs at Newlife games to do a ram clear which I did, but am still getting this same code.  I have tried pushing the little metal button on the back of my off/on switch, but no response and no change.  I am lost as what to do next??? Please help me get this thing working. 

Offline Shaggy

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 143
  • Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S+ error code 61-2
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 05:09:14 PM »
Does your machine have the mpu to the front on the left or in the back on the left? BTW welcome to NLG.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 05:12:38 PM »
It is on the back of the machine.

Offline Shaggy

• Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!Shaggy Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 05:16:28 PM »
Ok just to make sure. Are you holding the button for a few seconds? Sometimes they might take longer than 2 or 3. Just trying to get something to happen.
"All things being equal. The easiest explanation and the easiest answer is probably the right one".

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 05:18:33 PM »
61-2 recoverable CMOS error. Open Door, push self test button for 3-5 seconds. I am guessing it will go to 61-1 then close door and turn key.
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 05:43:42 PM »
The candle light is on flashing fast on bottom and slow on top.  Holding the self test button in for 3 to 5 seconds does not change the 61-2
message.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 05:49:49 PM »
This might be a dumb question but you did put the new chip in facing the right direction? Notch facing the same as the others on the board. The sockets on those usually have a notch also.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 05:50:23 PM »
Try pulling cmos chip and lighty rub/scratch legs across metal.  Then install it and restart machine.  If that doesn't work replace cmos chip with a known good one.

Offline Shaggy

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 05:52:13 PM »
Also make sure one of the legs is not bent and out of the socket.

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 08:36:04 PM »
Not having any luck.  Do I need to replace the cmos chip?  If so, what do I need to look for?  Thanks for everyone's suggestions. 
I'll continue this project tomorrow.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 01:50:47 PM »
Catch us up on what you have tried and haven't tried please. Just so we are all on same page. Thx!  :yes:
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2015, 02:19:25 PM »
When I turned my machine on for the first time, I got a 61-2 error code.  I tried using the reset key one time and it did not change, powered off and on and got the same result, tried pushing in and holding the white reset button for 5 or more seconds and nothing changed.  I was next told to do a clear on my cmos memory chip since that was the chip that I replaced.  I tried that and no change.  I tried doing all the suggestions on the board with no luck including rubbing the legs on metal, checked the legs to be sure they were straight, and in the socket straight etc.
This morning I went ahead and ordered a new cmos chip which I hope helps the cause???

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 05:04:26 AM »
What fried your chip to begin with? Making me think the board is damaged also. I have had a couple machines that pushing the button did not do anything also. The wire from that button goes down to the motherboard. Trace it down and make sure it is plugged in or making good contact. I have had to push and wiggle the button until my finger hurt also to make it work. I am suspecting board damage since fried chip.

the rockin elvis

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 07:14:51 AM »
Putting the cmos chip in backwards is what fried my chip to begin with.  One other thing when I turn the reset key I get all 5's straight across.  When I turn the power off and turn it back on it returns to the 61-2 error message.  I do have another board which is the same board number.  It is complete, but is missing the reel and game chip which are on the old board.  Do I need to replace these two chips or can I use the old ones?  Thanks for everyones help.

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 10:36:38 AM »
You can use your SP and SS chips. Did someone do an optic bypass on your machine? Sounds like it's not seeing the door as open to let the test button work. Or putting the chip in backward has that part of the board not working.

the rockin elvis

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2015, 04:20:08 PM »
I had new pins put in the burnt plug.  When I turn it on, the candle ligts stopped flashing and the 61-2 error message is gone.  The only light lit up is the 25 cents light in the middle of the display windows.  No error messages at all.  I tried shutting the door, and turning the reset key once, but this did not do anything.  What do I need to try next?  Thanks!

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2015, 05:50:46 PM »
Burnt plug? When did you find that? So are you saying that you have no led lights on the front of your machine? What about your reels? Are they stiff? You had digits before, 61-2, what changed?  :Please_Post_Pictures_2: :Please_Post_Pictures_2clr:

the rockin elvis

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2015, 06:45:38 PM »
put a new ram chip in, repinned the burnt plug in and it cleared the error message, but now I have just the 25 cent light

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2015, 07:55:10 PM »
So there is no zero in coins played? Pictures help us so much. Like seeing the burnt connector. The 2 green wires are ground one 5 vac and one 12 vac. I will have to look at my notes Sunday to get you the right one to test in what order because two become 24vac. . You must be missing power. Check your fuses. Unless someone else posts I will get back to you.

the rockin elvis

Offline Jules

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2015, 11:29:49 PM »
I checked the 3 fuses  with the screw on caps in the front of the machine.  They all tested good.  l was advised to replace the burnt plug by one of the techs online at a slot machine shop.  I had a tech replace the six pins in the burnt plug.  I have several loose wire connectors (six), but was told for the time being to just fix the burnt plug and to not worry about the loose connectors as several of them are disconnected when the machine is taken out of service.  I also replaced the cmos chip with a brand new one.  I was getting a 61-2 error code which I could not clear before I did all this.  It appears that the self test switch in the back of the on/off switch is not responding when I push it.  Here is a picture of the burnt connector and the loose wires in the machine.  Hopefully that will help.  Now all I am getting when I power on is a lit 25 cent light in the front and no numbers in any of the windows on either side of the 25 cent light.   

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal