New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: New question about IGT GK upgrade  (Read 3658 times)

Offline somebritishbloke

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • somebritishbloke New User has no influence.
  • NLG
New question about IGT GK upgrade
« on: December 09, 2017, 05:43:53 PM »
Hello, I’m sorry for asking what I can imagine is a fairly common “new guy” question and I’ve searched though everyone’s old posts before I’m asking this: I recently bought a IGT Game King and I THINK it’s one of the “plus” models (a pic is attached).It has a LCD display and seems to run just fine apart from a subtle but notable hissing / static type sound constantly coming from the speakers, I’d really like to upgrade it to some of the newer versions of software and maybe get GK 6.0 or 6.4. From researching everyone else’s posts in pretty sure I have the 3902 motherboard and need to upgrade to the 044 board to do this?Can anyone tell me exactly what parts I would need? (im lost in all of this Motherboard, backboard, chips etc) If so, is there anyone reading this that might have the parts for sale or can point me in the right direction?
It would be amazing if i could get something that i just pop into the old mother boards space but I live in Vegas and if there’s someone here that has the parts and would let me pay you to install them I would be more than happy to do so THANKYOU for any help, great site and I’ve learned a lot from this... which is still not nearly enough!Malcolm
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 07:30:44 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 384
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: New question about IGT GK upgrade
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 06:51:12 PM »
I’m sorry for asking what I can imagine is a fairly common “new guy” question and I’ve searched though everyone’s old posts before I’m asking this: I recently bought a IGT Game King and I THINK it’s one of the “plus” models (a pic is attached). It has a LCD display and seems to run just fine apart from a subtle but notable hissing / static type sound constantly coming from the speakers, I’d really like to upgrade it to some of the newer versions of software and maybe get GK 6.0 or 6.4. From researching everyone else’s posts in pretty sure I have the 3902 motherboard and need to upgrade to the 044 board to do this? Can anyone tell me exactly what parts I would need? (im lost in all of this Motherboard, backboard, chips etc) If so, is there anyone reading this that might have the parts for sale or can point me in the right direction?
It would be amazing if i could get something that i just pop into the old mother boards space but I live in Vegas and if there’s someone here that has the parts and would let me pay you to install them I would be more than happy to do so.THANKYOU for any help, great site and I’ve learned a lot from this... which is still not nearly enough! Malcolm

Post a picture of your MPU board and we can tell you for sure that's what you have.  It's the board in the large metal tray under the monitor that pulls out.  Make sure the power is off when removing and replacing it.

Assuming you do have a 3902 board, you will need an 044 MPU board, a 044 backplane (the board on the back of the machine that the MPU plugs into), and the appropriate flash card for your 044 MPU.  The flash card has the game software on it.  You may want to consider Super Star poker as well, it has a really good variety of games on it.  You can see the list here:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=1634.msg8446#msg8446

One of our vendors will probably read this and contact you.  If not post a separate WTB post here in this section and I will move it to the Classified AD section for you.

And  :NLG_WELCOME: .

Offline somebritishbloke

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 12:46:24 PM »
Thankyou so much!!!!!!!

This really helps me get some kind of understanding of something which is akin to me learning Chinese.

A pic of the board is attached, do you think im right in assuming this is a "plus" model before i start ordering some spare parts such as bulbs?

MUCH appreciated!

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 01:24:15 PM »
It is an IGT Game King cabinet - 17"

Board part number probably ends in 3902.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 03:12:41 PM »
The bulbs are the same plus or not.  I'm not exactly sure what the difference is between a plus or non-plus machine.  I think if it's the newer 17" cabinet, or the 19" panda cabinet it's considered a plus model.  That isn't a slot handle on yours is it?  Maybe that makes it a plus model :Tongue_Out: ?

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 03:52:11 PM »
Oh ... I think a light bulb came on. Sometimes it burns.

The 17" 3902 Game King and I Game Plus (video slot) use the same cabinet. The I Game has an upper button deck where the GK doesn't.

Offline somebritishbloke

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 08:12:04 PM »
And just like Tilt said, someone contacted me and is going to come over and upgrade it!

Again...thanks... great resource!!

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 09:23:49 PM »
Excellent!  Post some pictures when you get it all set up and running.

Offline somebritishbloke

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 02:15:40 PM »
Thankyou for the help!.

Yesterday someone from this board came over and put an 044 board in it along with super stars poker and I couldn't be happier with it or his work.

I wont name drop him out of respect for his privacy but if he wants to identify himself he can and ill certainly vouch for him.

One small thing though, Can anyone assist with how to remove this black panel (pictured) which covers the access to the top glass? I fully trust that he knew what he was doing and ive researched it online but neither of us could get it off - its solid and not going anywhere... It doesn't have tabs under it but there are three screws on the underside and recessed partially in? I dont know if somehow they may be holding it in place but didnt want to take them out incase they are holding something in that i wont be able to get out.

Anyone have any ideas???

Thankyou!

There

Offline somebritishbloke

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 02:16:45 PM »
Anyone know what these screws hold?

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2017, 02:45:27 PM »
Glad you were able to get your machine upgraded.  :applause:   To remove the front panel use there's two notches where you can lift up on the panel and move it forward out of the channel that holds it in place.  Once you have it clear of the channel let it drop down and off the machine.  It it's really tight you may have to use a screwdriver rather than your fingers to pry the panel up and out of the channel.  The screws hold a metal frame that the front panel is attached to and also holds the glass up.  You don't need to remove them to remove the panel.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2017, 03:42:15 PM »
The machine is missing the player tracking cover panel. Looks like someone glued the Formica on the player tracking bracket that the glass sits on.

You will have to hold the glass when the last screw is ready to come out.

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2017, 04:00:39 PM »
Good catch Ken!  I didn't notice there wasn't a panel there. 

Yep, I guess he will have to remove the bracket then.  Be careful with the glass!  I would also look for a panel cover for easier access into the topbox.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2017, 04:05:03 PM »
Thanks Tilt .. and that reminds me.

I have brackets and mastercoms available for your machine if you would be interested.

Thanks,
Ken

Offline somebritishbloke

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2017, 06:00:18 PM »
So just unscrew the screws which are underneath and catch the glass on the last one?

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2017, 06:03:42 PM »
Correct .. monitor removed first. You could have someone hold the glass up for you.

Offline somebritishbloke

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2017, 12:49:41 PM »
Genuinely appreciate the help!

So, I’m sure several will consider this blasphemy buuut...

Some of the chrome is scuffed and worn, so I’ve started vinyl heat wrapping the chrome in a black carbon fiber design. It’s only part done and I’ll post pics when it’s done but vinyl heat wrap is easy to work with for a project like this and involves literally less than $8 of wrap (EBay) will cover all the chrome on this machine.

I’ll post pics when it’s completely done!.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 235
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2017, 01:06:24 PM »
Looks really nice!  Look forward to seeing finished machine.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2017, 04:05:43 PM »
Dang!  That looks really cool!

Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2017, 05:35:31 PM »
Wow, that's a great idea.  Looks good!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal