New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Game King 5.3  (Read 1554 times)

Offline Rep

• 5 of a kind masta!
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Rep New User has no influence.
  • HAPPY Game King and PE+ Owner! Thanks NLG! <3 :)
Game King 5.3
« on: September 19, 2018, 02:40:58 AM »
Hey guys, I am an OG who kinda vanished from NLG for quite a long time due to become disabled and the depression caused from it, I kinda shut down. Anyway I have owned a PE+ for over 10 years which I love and will never part with, she purrs like a kitten. I finally decided it needs a sister and plan on purchasing a Game King. I don't know much at all about Game Kings so please excuse me being such a noob. I know the 6.x sets havethte most games but my budget is very limited and 5.3 has all the games I want and I prefer the interface of 5.x so what exactly would I need to have 5.3 fully and 100% operational. Do I need a 044 board, even if I don't is it better to get one of those and get whatever I need to use that board? (I do like the keychip setup interface I saw for the newer MPU) is it a key 28? Is there ANY benefit to using that board for it? Do I need SIMMs for it? I'm hoping I can afford one setup with what I need but if I can get one dirt cheap and put 5.3 on it I will do so but I have NO CLUE as to what all I need. What are the best chips to use for it? Is there a newer/better chipset in the 5 series than the 5.3 if so does anyone have pics of the menus? I basically just need an info dump from someone if they can so I can learn, it seems similar in ways to my old PE+ and VASTLY different in others and I def am in need of help and I know NLG is the spot for it! Any help would be MUCH appreciated! <3 :)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Game King 5.3
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 07:51:44 AM »
At this point in the life cycle of these machines, there is really only a couple of hundred dollars difference between getting a 3902 cabinet and a 044 cabinet (same cabinet really, just different backplane and mpu).  I would just go and try to acquire a gameking 6.4 if available or at least a gameking 6.2.  The best flash board to get is superstars poker and gameking 6.4.  You will probably never have to buy another poker game again.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Rep

• 5 of a kind masta!
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 08:09:32 AM »
Yeah the issue is with my fixed income since being disabled I barely cover the bills as is. This is really a luxury for me, I need some positive in my life and a couple hundred dollars is QUITE a lot for me, and honestly I prefer the 5.x software to be honest it has ALL I need and more. If money wasn't so tight it would be no issue. Thanks for the advice though! K+ to you

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 09:53:38 AM »
I understand. About the only other thing I suggest is quote both types of systems.  As I said the only differences is the backplane and the mpu.  In the future you can upgrade to that if you need, but do yourself a favor and quote the machine both ways, you may be surprised at the difference.  If I had to wait a few months to get the extra couple of hundred needed to get it, I would.  And since you already have your PE+, it's not like you won't be playing some kind of video poker.  The difference is huge between 5.x and 6.x.  If you have a local dealer close to you where you can go and try the a 6.x machine out vs a 5.x, I would highly recommend it.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Rep

• 5 of a kind masta!
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 10:51:24 AM »
No dealers locally sadly. I couldn't get there anyway, my legs are just about done, thank God I'm not wheelchair bound but even short walks are barely doable for me at this point. Lemme ask you this, if I get the proper setup with the 044 board and the 5.3 (is there any newer in the 5 family btw?) would the 5 software run any better or differently? Cuz that much I would certainly like to do and then at some point in the future if I do want do get 6.x it will be easy to do so. I'm just curious if it affects the way the 5.x software runs at all? Also with that setup would I need a set28 keychip? Or which one would be the proper one because that keychips is a must have ofc. Thanks for your help rick! Much appreciated buddy, any ifno you can give this noob would be greatly appreciated! :)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 12:18:51 PM »
Gameking 5.3 only has poker, keno and blackjack.  If you want slots as well, you will need a 5.0.  At least that is my understanding.  I did not spend too much time on 3902 gamekings as I moved up to 044 within a month.  You can get an 044 mpu with a legacy daughter card and you can run 5.x software on it that way (it's basically an eprom/simm adapter board).  You will need a key 40 if you get this combination.  A key 28 only works with 044 flash boards.  Key 22 is what is usually used for 3902 only setups (3902 mpu and backplane).  The 5.x software doesn't run any better using an 044 setup.  But if you are going to get an 044 setup, with a legacy adapter and gk 5.x, I think you will be paying close to if not the same as just getting a gameking 6.x setup since the cost of the 5.x software plus the daughtercard is about the same cost as a flashboard.

Offline Rep

• 5 of a kind masta!
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 02:09:28 PM »
Gotcha Rick. Thanks again buddy. Yeah I am not big on video slots at all tbh, IF I even play them it's old school 3 mechanical reel ones for me. So I need a key 22 chip, 5.3 software and a 3902 board to cut down on my price. I think the 5.3 will keep me happy and if it gets THAT awful (lol) I can always upgrade later when I get some money built up again. Thanks SO much for the info, I will definitely be going with the older setup, for my needs it will work perfectly! :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal