New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Gameking LCD lines on screen  (Read 2842 times)

Offline Podfun

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Podfun New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Gameking LCD lines on screen
« on: April 08, 2019, 05:04:04 PM »
Hi I was wondering if anybody could give me some insight I took out the monitor which is an LCD for my game king when I took it out it was working no problems put it back in the   Machine that it came from and now when I power up I see little white lines going across the screen they were never there before it's been 3 days it doesn't affect you playing it I don't understand of white lines are so hypnotizing that I turn it off because I don't want it to blow up I put a different harness 19 pen still the same issue I've gone ahead and unplug the chords from the touch screen plug them back then banck in still the same

Offline Podfun

• NLG
Re: Gameking LCD lines on screen
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 05:08:38 PM »
Forgot to mention I even went ahead and I'm pulled the cord from the power source inside the machine replugged it and tried different outlets I even went ahead did a screen calibration with the door close same issue I pushed the button on the monitor to auto focus still not fixing it it was working just fine before I unplugged everything and I don't understand what's going on

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 10:46:19 AM »
I don't see the white lines you are referring.  What do you mean you took it out of a machine and put back in the machine it came from.  Was it on another machine before?  Was one machine 044 and the current one 3902?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 11:57:08 AM »
I had something similar a while back. I think it had to do with the setting between thinking it was a 044 board or a 3902 board.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Podfun

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 02:24:42 PM »
I'm not sure what type of board I have I had everything from this machine working without  An issue I think the 1st time I installed this screen on this machine i hand the same issue but I did auto adjust and it fixed it works great for months then I bought a brand new CRT off eBay took the old monitor out unbox the CRT found out it is too big never try to put it in the machine put back the old LCD monitor that was working turn it on I'm got this I've switched out the harnesses for a different one thinking it might be a wire in the harness I've gone ahead and unplug different chords from the touchscreen and re plug them back in  My mother board and other boards are mounted to the side of the machine standing up  And it was working great without me having to  key 22 it  If I do auto I just a brings the picture to the middle of the screen but same issue no matter how many times I plug it into a different  Power cord or a different wall

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 05:11:04 PM »
Post a picture of your mpu board so we may identify the board type you have.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Podfun

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 08:48:47 PM »
You guys are the best thanks for helping me

Offline Podfun

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2019, 08:50:46 PM »
Here's more if that helps

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 10:15:59 PM »
You have a 3802 GK.  What about the monitor, need to know the manufacturer and the model number.  Sometimes, there are settings that you need to switch depending on the type of cabinet you have.

Offline Podfun

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2019, 10:43:34 PM »
I'll take a picture of the monitor I'm not sure what just happened but I was taking a look at the machine and I'm gave it $5 as a test and when the reels were spinning and like glitch and showed like the rails but a new bigger size  Image and didn't stay on the screen  just Flash

Offline Podfun

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2019, 11:08:56 PM »
OK I change the battery about a month ago I got the battery at Walgreens I didn't have to key the machine after just switch up the battery now when I go into settings I see a bunch of numbers flashing about light pen in different   messages I don't believe they were doing that before could I have token the processor bored out wrong and put it in wrong or they or do you think this is a different issue  And I'm not sure how to find out which monitor I have

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2019, 04:33:25 AM »
You have a wells gardner monitor.  I think on that monitor if it is configured wrong, you don't get an image at all, it is a jumper on the AD board, so moving the monitor out and in wouldn't affect that.  I'm thinking now that your issue might be power related or some sort of interference or loose connection, where does the round power plug on your monitor trace back to?

Also you cannot insert the mpu board incorrectly, it is keyed and only goes in one way.  If it was not inserted all the way, the machine wouldn't work at all.  As far as the number flashing, I don't have your software version to use on my machine to see if it does the same thing, but if your game plays correctly, I wouldn't worry about it.

Offline Podfun

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2019, 09:18:13 PM »
OK so I took the flat screen out today put it in my other machine to see if the problem would follow over I got a better picture but I still saw the lines now I also removed the back touch screen board and replaced it  With a known working one I also put a different game board and got the same problem exception for it would require me to push the button on them motherboard after putting money and it would say  Processor failure repeat the process open the doors turn the key pushed the button then it would work again this was before I changed the touch screen board that's on the back of the motherboard Checked all the wiring can't figure it out I remove the power unit on the side of the machine re slid it back into place make sure the prongs were plug then tried a known working harness still the same issue I don't think it's because I have brightness up to much I've changed all different settings don't know what it could be tried a different power plug cord for the current unit still the same issue

Offline Podfun

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2019, 09:22:05 PM »
If you look at the Gray bar where you would be betting you'll see what looks like black lines are greyer than Gray lines in person they keep going down some go sideways if you zoom in on that picture I had to resize it in order to upload it should be about the see a better version of it

Offline Podfun

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2019, 09:47:38 PM »
<a href="http://youtu.be/B4QiXo4wjL0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/B4QiXo4wjL0</a>

Video of the screen doing the issue to see if this helps. You guys recognize what the cause could be. I already went ahead and changed out with a touch screen motherboard for a known working one. I can't find a loose wired -  made sure everything was plugged, then tried different power cords, different outlets. I never had this issue until taking out the screen once and putting it back into place. I've  tried new harnesses.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 08:49:17 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2019, 08:48:59 AM »
I am at a loss, looks like some sort of interference from something.  I don't know what to try at this point beyond trying the monitor on another cabinet to see if it does the same thing.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2019, 09:35:11 AM »
Could it have something to do with the cabinets power supply??
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline wizeone

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • wizeone New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2019, 01:46:03 PM »
since the lines followed the monitor to another machine, i am thinking either the monitor power supply or maybe florescent lights?

Offline Podfun

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2019, 02:33:43 PM »
Oh my gosh the fluorescent lights -  I forgot all about on the side of the top of the machine. It keeps flashing on and off, or it stays off.
It has like a spark plug or something, or an fuse. Sometimes it will stay on for less than a minute, but most the time its off or flashing.
I'm having that issue with the monitor in the machine.  If you remove the fuse and turn on the machine the light doesn't work But I did see some of the lines. I try to on a different machine and  the power source feels a little bit loose, but I snapped it into place one power source is H and in the other one is a B on it. 
Should I try the power source from the good machine? It's like a big silver box with the plug. If I try the one from the other machine it won't slide into place, but I could set it up words and run the cable to it. When the machine was working just fine, the light on the side would turn on and off sometimes. If I had an old power source that went to that connection, (that was for an old laptop) could I try it, or would that blow up the monitor?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 04:07:09 PM by shortrackskater »

Offline Podfun

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2019, 07:10:04 PM »
So today I think I may have found my answer. After switching all these parts trying everything, and it following over to the next machine.
I had the door open, machine on. I moved that little plug that connects to the actual monitor - that would be like if you're plugged it in your laptop that circle the little plug that gets the power to the monitor.
The monitor went off  - I moved the wire and  the monitor came back on. I'm don't know if the wire is pinched, and I don't know if I can cut the power cord to the monitor, and repair it or if the actual plug inside of the monitor is pushed back. Maybe it's touching something else or the casing? It fits as if it's snug but if you go to bump the wire the monitor goes off.  I've lower the brightness, turned off the sharpness, turned off the like colors, and set the colors to very low, but you can still see it.
I'm thinking it might be the connector on the actual board inside the monitor. Do you know if you can take those to a computer repair shop or computer shop and have them replaced?  I cannot solder.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 04:01:10 PM by shortrackskater »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal