New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S PLUS error 21 code  (Read 10081 times)

Offline eferry

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • eferry New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S PLUS error 21 code
« on: July 06, 2014, 07:10:09 AM »
I am having a problem with my S plus wild diamonds machine. I cannot get past the error 21 code. I have checked the battery which is good. Reset all the chips and connectors. When the machine turns on the reels move about a quarter of an inch and stop and the 21 comes on. Can anyone help?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 06:17:54 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline LINDAM

• Moderator: Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...
  • When you run out of Quarters...You're done!
Re: IGT S PLUS error 21 code
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 07:12:47 AM »
21 is a battery error. you must have an issue with the battery.
If it ain't broke.....Stop trying to fix it.

Offline eferry

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 07:41:21 AM »
Ive changed the battery. reads 3.66volts. Same exact problem.

Offline idylewild1

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • idylewild1 Is working their way up.idylewild1 Is working their way up.idylewild1 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • samronslots.com
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 07:50:19 AM »
21 is a coin optics error and means the optics has been blocked too long. The optics is located jus below the coin comparator and the coin passes through it on its way to the hopper. You either have a coin jammed in the optics or a bad optics. Hope this helps.

Offline eferry

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 08:04:14 AM »
I will check it and get back. Thanks.

Offline LINDAM

• Sr NLG Member
  • LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...LINDAM Might someday be someone...
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 08:04:48 AM »
Sorry.......a bit dyslexic. 12 is battery

Offline eferry

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 08:38:57 AM »
Checkked out the coin for blockage everything looks good. top candle light blinks. error 21 reads coin in blinks. Maybe the optics?  do I need a new coin comparitor. coin drops through .

Offline LINDAM

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2014, 09:14:26 AM »
maybe stupid question..... did you try a different coin in the comparator??.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 10:52:12 AM »
You could need a new coin comparitor, or coin optics may have died. the optics may just be dirty or have something in their eye! i know there's a way to test them. Let me find it, and I will post back. While I'm doing that, pop out and unplug your comparator assembly, unscrew the optics, and CLEAN THE EYES (there will be 3 eyes, you will see them when you get the optics opened up) with a Q-tip and WATER ONLY.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2014, 11:07:42 AM »
Ok, found my notes on how to test your coin optics, but first, answer this question: when you open and close the door( actually lift up and push down the latch to the bottom position) does the display go blank for a few seconds and then the 21 reappears? If you answered YES, then do the following:

-open the door, find the white test button (next to or on the rear of the power switch module) push the button until you see a 10_1 in the winners paid window.
-turn the reset switch one time, display should be 11_1, now press the tiny white button on the optics board, display should toggle to 11_0 everytime the switch is pushed.
-turn the reset key once more, 12_1 in display.

If all these conditions are met then the optics are doing what they should be doing. NOW, repeat the test (turn reset until you get to the 10_1) now wiggle the 10 pin connector going to the optic board, observe the display. If nothing changes then try the next and repeat, if all is solid the connector is good. Now follow the plug that feeds that sub assembly, usually to the right of the bracket that holds the CC-16. make sure it is plugged in, try the same test as above and see if anything changes.

Offline eferry

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2014, 01:51:09 PM »
Thanks I will give it a try and report back thanks.

Offline eferry

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2014, 02:03:29 PM »
ok tried the test. the display does go blank and reappears. I pushed the button to get 10-1. when I turn the reset key it defaults to 12-1. It will not go to 11-0.

Offline eferry

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2014, 02:26:01 PM »
Went back to the machine and tried again. I get a 10 0 in winners paid window. I reset once and get 11 0 and it will not toggle it just goes to the next seguence. It could be optics.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2014, 09:33:05 PM »
We have optics if you need them....

[font=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.centralvalleyslots.com/ssplus-coin-optics--tested-working.html[/font]

Offline eferry

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2014, 08:27:43 AM »
Ok thanks. I need assy no 7530650 optic emitter.  75306600 rev a 4296 gtc. 10 pin connector on the back of the pcb.
Ed.

Offline eferry

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2014, 09:21:41 AM »
i did the optics test. When i toggle the optics switch nothing happens. It does not toggle . display reads 10-0 not 10-1

When I turn reset once it goes to 11-0 not 11-1.

Offline eferry

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2014, 09:55:17 AM »
update. I did find loose wire on coin comparitor. black wire. I resoldered it to the pin. I can get to 10-1 mode but when turn the reset key it defaults to 11-0 and does not toggle. i have read by holding down the the white rest switch you will hear 2 bells and the error should clear. This does not happen. I'm hoping to hear back on the right optics board.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2014, 10:45:56 AM »
Good find!  :applause:

S+ Coin Optics boards are all 100% interchangeable. Part numbers do not matter, as they changed a few times over the years. Some are light green, some are dark green, some have brass barrels with blue eyes, some have glass eyes. They all function the same!

Offline eferry

• NLG
Re: IGT S PLUS error 21 code. Fixed but new problem
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2014, 07:08:18 PM »
Update on 21 error. So I ordered 2 optics from different places. the first optic I tried did not resolve the problem. When I installed the second optic it worked and cleared the error. Problem solved. Thanks for all the help. Now I need to figure out whats wrong with the bill validator. Does not come on. Does anyone have the procedure to setup the machine for hand pay. Thanks again.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 06:17:32 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: IGT S PLUS error 21 code. Fixed.
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2014, 01:03:53 AM »
Now I need to figure out whats wrong with the bill validator. Does not come on. Does anyone have the procedure to setup the machine for hand pay. Thanks again.

You've opened up two more cans of worms here.  Since your original question (about the 21 error) is resolved, go ahead and start a new topic for your new issues.  This topic is now locked.

As a jump-start for you, the bill validator must be enabled with a SET chip to have any hope of accepting bills, and then once it's enabled there still are some other variables that could cause it to not accept bills.

Instructions on how to enable the bill validator with a SET chip can be found here: http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/dbv.htm

...and you'll need to determine the SP (program) chip in your machine for us to be able to tell you what your payout options are.  See the following page for information on how to determine your SP chip, and be sure to include that SP chip information in your new post asking how to set up the machine to send all wins to hand-pay rather than paying from the hopper: http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/SPSS.htm
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal